Michael Bay In Final Negotiations For Next Transformers Film

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Michael Bay In Final Negotiations For Next Transformers Film

Unsurprisingly, Paramount is reportedly about to finalize Michael Bay's return to the constant money-maker that is the Transformers film series.

Remember how, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113703-Rumor-Michael-Bay-in-Talks-to-Make-Two-New-Transformers-Movies>a couple of months ago, it was revealed that Michael Bay was being courted to direct the next two Transformers films? Also, remember how folks on the forums proceeded to weep at the knowledge that their childhood nostalgia was probably to be brutalized again? Well, guess what? It's time to upgrade "probably" to "almost definitely", since it's just been revealed that Michael Bay is in final negotiations to helm the movies (<a href=http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/showthread.php?10088-Updated-Paramount-eyes-back-to-back-Transformers-shoots&p=195150&viewfull=1#post195150>even though he originally denied such reports).

According to Vulture:

Michael Bay is in final negotiations to direct a new Transformers film, insiders tell Vulture.

Another insider familiar with the situation cautioned that while Paramount "does not have a closed deal" with Bay, the studio "is not far from closing" on one, either, and that an announcement could come as early as next week. Meanwhile, the details of the next cyborg saga are being kept secret, but we're told that it is definitely not a prequel, and that it will delve deeper into the Transformers canon to mine older characters and lore. "Regular people might not care about bringing out a character like Sentinel Prime," says one of our insiders, referring to the little-known character who played a major part in last summer's Transformers: Dark of the Moon, "But believe me, fans of the series cared."

Bay is reportedly going to film Pain & Gain, which sounds like an action-heavy revenge film, before he returns to Transformers. Provided that his people nail down a contract for the next Transformers movies, Bay will allegedly start directing them sometime during Winter 2012.

Source: <a href=http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/12/michael_bay_is_still_a_ing_liar.php>Topless Robot

<a href=http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=transformers#/dzuj5b>Image Source

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
And not a single fuck was given today.

I got tired after the first. He's worse than Uwe Boll. I saw LRR's interview with him, he seems like a nice guy. I just don't like any of Michael Bay's movies, and he's a dick.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
From everything I've seen on the subject Bay doesn't even like Transformers. Why does he bother?

Money? I can understand that up to a point, but I'm betting he's not short of a few quid as it is. Why spend the best part of a decade working on a series of films he never gave a shit about in the first place?

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Older characters? So characters that are not well known?

GIVE ME SUNSTREAKER NOW!

Or simply Cliffjumper...that works to.

Honestly, i welcome these new films, i have the original cartoons on DVD so to be honest they can milk it to death for all i care. As long as they don't completely fuck up the cannon. (and trust me they are no where near, more focus on the Transformers and these films will 50% better.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
redisforever said:
And not a single fuck was given today.

I got tired after the first. He's worse than Uwe Boll. I saw LRR's interview with him, he seems like a nice guy. I just don't like any of Michael Bay's movies, and he's a dick.

I'll join you in the realm of not giving a fuck. I barely go to the movies anyway, so whatever.

scarfacetehstag

Feb 12, 2011
thats right folks, 5 films about robots that turn into name-brand cars, and at least half of you went to see the first three.

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
Of course they cared, Nameless Insider, because they screwed with the character, and brought in Leonard Nemoy (Who, admittedly, gave a pretty good performance) just to quote that line from Wrath of Kahn in a completely inappropriate situation!
"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few!"
Ah, so the needs of the couple dozens of Decepticons outweigh the fate of several BILLIONS OF HUMANS.
Not to mention that they aren't cyborgs, they're friggin' robots.

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
Sixcess said:
From everything I've seen on the subject Bay doesn't even like Transformers. Why does he bother?

Money? I can understand that up to a point, but I'm betting he's not short of a few quid as it is. Why spend the best part of a decade working on a series of films he never gave a shit about in the first place?
This being Michael Bay, it's perfectly possible that he just does it because they give him millions of dollars to waste on massive explosions and army sequences.

DarthFennec

May 27, 2010
pff. Stupid people who keep giving this series money ...
I didn't like the first one, but I kind of saw the appeal, to some small degree.
The second one was terrible, the third one was terribly dull ...
If you're planning to go see this to `see how bad it is', please reconsider.
Mweh. I suppose I'm just pissy that this shit gets greenlit but I can't get my Lovecraft ...

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Didnt Bay say he doesnt want to keep doing transformers films and he wanted to be doen with them or am I just imagining things?

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
I still need to see number 3, although I am glad that now I can get another couple of doses of robots beating the everloving shit out of eachother sometime in the future

Hatchet90

Nov 15, 2009
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAeDqvgsoM-GfomW5kxlxrr6xO9uTyjh1x0fk6XMCovMy4DLG-aQ

I thought he said that this would be his las.... never mind. Fuck you Michael Bay. I've only seen the third one, because I've always knocked the series, but never saw any of his Transformers movies.... My God, I didn't even know it was possible to make a movie that bad, and I saw The Last Airbender. Now Airbender was bad, but at least shit happened for most of the movie. 75% of Transformers 3 was Shia Lebitch, bitching about how he couldn't find a job with his Ivy League degree, fuck off.

Toast-asaurus Rex

Nov 21, 2011
I hope It's as bad as the last one, but with actually entertaining action.

I had so much damn fun mocking that movie, you have no Idea.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
More explosions.

I don't really care despite growing up with the franchise. I hate the people who demonize Micheal Bay for no reason. He's not directing master pieces. Its just eye candy, which I don't mind either.