Michael Bay's take on the Ninja Turles...Oh Boy...

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
For.I.Am.Mad said:
Formica Archonis said:
Eh, whatever. I just can't be arsed to even care about Michael Bay anymore. I just un-headcanon his stuff and enjoy the peripheral benefits like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
The universe is funny like that.

It's not that they're changing the origin that bothers me, it's that it's Michael Bay changing the origin. Oh god, I wonder which lingerie model is playing April O'Neil.
I give you bay's April O'Neil....

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I had the comic of Ninja Turtles and it was more serious and gritty in tone. The turtles were mental killers as in true ninjas without all the colour coding, it was an adult comic so lots of decapitations and no cheesy stuff like the kids show. Even the Splinter/Shredder stuff was awesome, really laying into each other with real hatred. They will never make it though.

I liked Casey Jones from the cartoon.

For.I.Am.Mad

May 8, 2010
TMNT is dear to my heart because my Dad liked it way more than I did and would use me as an excuse to go to the theaters. And I mean that positively.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Man he had to go and make more enemies didn't he?

Also "Teenage Alien Ninja Turtle doesn't have the right ring to it. On second thought how or why would alien know ninja arts anyway unless he gonna piss on that too by saying alien ninja arts too!

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Granted you have to make some changes, but not the core point of how they are created. That should not be changed and making them aliens is dumb. Will have to see i guess, maybe he didnt want to bother with the whole bay turtles in mutant goo stuff, if not then dont make it, let some one else do it. I thought John Woo was interested in making this years ago, maybe some one should give him a call.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Fox242 said:
I was never a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan, but I know that it was a treasured childhood icon to many. That it is why my jaw dropped when I saw this...

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/03/19/michael-bay-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-aliens/?hpt=hp_t2

In short, Bay wants the Turtles to be aliens, not mutated from radiation. He lit the match, now let the rage explode.

Oh and I'm sorry for spelling Turtles wrong in the title. My bad. In a hurry. College paper needs done. Grasp on the English langauge fading....
it gets better, he 'responded' to the fan hate

Michel Bay said:
?Fans need to take a breath, and chill,? wrote Bay. ?They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story. Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world.?
i don't have to read the script, Mr.Bay, just you being there already means its fucked up beyond recognition

samus_smash

Apr 2, 2010
In all honesty, alien turtles isn't that much weirder than mutated from goo turtles. I think the real issue here is that Michael Bay is a terrible director bent on ruining everyone's childhoods.

ALSO WHAT ABOUT DAREDEVIL! [http://www.cracked.com/article_19323_6-movie-tv-universes-that-overlap-in-mind-blowing-ways_p2.html]

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
This is rather fucking baffling.

In the article he says "we want children to believe they could one day exist". Really? So talking turtles from outerspace are more believable than mutated turtles?

I guess that means no Master Splinter, huh? Unless he's a rat from outerspace.

Still gonna make shitzillions at the box office no matter the hate.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
I used to watch that show on TV as a kid, but i couldn't care less what anyone does with it now. I sense a looot of posters crying over their ruined childhoods, as if all of their memories of the original show will be be erased or replaced with some new movie sharing the same name. And for fucks sake, its a show about, well the title is enough to summ it up, you would have to try really hard to make it even more ridiculous. Sorry, i'm in a bad mood.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Scarim Coral said:

Also "Teenage Alien Ninja Turtle doesn't have the right ring to it. On second thought how or why would alien know ninja arts anyway unless he gonna piss on that too by saying alien ninja arts too!
Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills?

No, really, that was a show [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tattooed_Teenage_Alien_Fighters_from_Beverly_Hills]. Though they fought aliens, they weren't aliens who fought.

(That show was dumb but funny. It was like if the Power Rangers, except even cheaper. And you know how the Power Rangers everyday selves were smart, nice, kept in shape, and were damnear perfect? Well, this show was more like if all the protagonists were not like that. It's oddly refreshing having a hero who will, given the opportunity, steal a cheerleader's clothing.)

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Man, EFF Micheal Bay. First, he belittled the military forces and humanity itself in the Transformers Fourth of July Extravaganza movies. Now he wants to completely rewrite and butcher a beloved and iconic childhood TV series and characters.

No, just no.

People please, if you enjoy the Ninja Turtles or if you just plain hate Michael Bay, DO NOT GO TO SEE THIS MOVIE. If you want to rent it after it's released, fine, whatever, but we need to hit him where it hurts, and that's the box office.

AND, if Michael Bay decides to make a reboot with the Ninja Turtles actually being turtles, DON'T SEE THAT ONE EITHER. It's likely that he is willing to get it wrong the first time for shock value in order to ensure that he gets a much larger audience for the reboot.

Only we, standing together as a united front can we tell Michael Bay to EFF OFF our childhood memories.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Formica Archonis said:
Scarim Coral said:

No, really, that was a show [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tattooed_Teenage_Alien_Fighters_from_Beverly_Hills]. Though they fought aliens, they weren't aliens who fought.

(That show was dumb but funny. It was like if the Power Rangers, except even cheaper. And you know how the Power Rangers everyday selves were smart, nice, kept in shape, and were damnear perfect? Well, this show was more like if all the protagonists were not like that. It's oddly refreshing having a hero who will, given the opportunity, steal a cheerleader's clothing.)
Oh man I competely forgot such a show had existed until now. No I didn't watch it myself I heard from some where else
I still stand that Teenage Alien Ninja Turtle still doesn't got the right ring to it!

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Every time I hear the name "Michael Bay", this is all I can think of:

Seriously...frickin' aliens? Just utterly destroying and re-writing the history of the series? Why does everything Michael Bay touches turn to rotten, decayed puss? One of the key-words in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is the word "MUTANT". It's not Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles. How in god's name could you crap that up? The title of the series ALSO perfectly describes what the series is about!

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
Fox242 said:
I was never a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan, but I know that it was a treasured childhood icon to many. That it is why my jaw dropped when I saw this...

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/03/19/michael-bay-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-aliens/?hpt=hp_t2

In short, Bay wants the Turtles to be aliens, not mutated from radiation. He lit the match, now let the rage explode.

Oh and I'm sorry for spelling Turtles wrong in the title. My bad. In a hurry. College paper needs done. Grasp on the English langauge fading....
The story was never a strong point when it comes to the Ninja Turtles. They just slapped together a dumb nonsensical plot that would help to sell the toys and made a silly cartoon.
Honestly, it would make more sense if they were aliens.
Bay may not be the greatest director ever but he gets way too much hate (especially from the geeks). He made 1 bad movie and all of a sudden he's Hitler. Transformers 3 was hated by many not because of the movie itself but because of the after taste of Transformers 2. Before the 2nd one came out, the 1st one was considered a relatively god movie. After the 2nd one, all of a sudden it was bad.
Bad Boys, The Rock and The Island were pretty good, Armageddon wasn't bad either and Pearl harbor was meh.
He's not that bad.

Seriously, some of you are getting way too emotional over something as stupid as the plot to the Ninja Turtles.
If it makes you feel any better, think of it as an alternate reality or something.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
hahahah! seriously can,t we give him Metal Slug? it,s mostly about the army and explosions!

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Good thing nobody's forcing adult fans of a childrens' cartoon from the 1980s to watch it, so there's nothing to get angry about. I'm sure that children, for whom it is intended, will enjoy it.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
Formica Archonis said:
Oh man I competely forgot such a show had existed until now. No I didn't watch it myself I heard from some where else
Maybe me. I seem to be one of the few who remembers it!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
aegix drakan said:
........Why?

Why the hell is Bay taking on movie licenses for source material he has absolutely no respect for?
Because it will make him an ass load of money.