Michael Pachter Gets Own Show

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Michael Pachter Gets Own Show

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter has been given his own his own show on GameTrailers.

[gametrailers=61172]

Michael Pachter's name turns up a lot, and he always seems to be available to give a comment or prediction on some gaming trend or other, but thanks to GameTrailers, we get to cut out the middleman and hear the man speak for himself.

The video segment has the less-than-impressive title of 'Pach Attack', but while the first thirty seconds or so are pretty cringe worthy, Pachter himself seems pretty comfortable in front of the camera. What he's saying isn't going to come as much of surprise to most gamers, but this could wind up being a pretty interesting little segment.

It also means that we'll have video evidence when he gets something particularly, egregiously, wrong and if there's one thing that gamers really like, it's schadenfreude.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/24/michael-pachters-gets-his-own-show-unbuttons-his-shirt/]

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
The "Pach-Attack"....eugh.

They should stop trying to make Pachter "cool" and just let the guy speak.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Never heard of the guy before (or maybe I did and promptly forgot, same thing really), and I don't think I'm gonna like his show... but the points he makes seem valid, if a little oversimplified perhaps.

Eh, to me it's just another voice in the void. I never cared too much about stuff like who 'won' or 'lost' in the industry.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Predictions on trends in the gaming industry that, most of the time, amount to wild-ass guessing.

He gets paid to do what every member of The Escapist does on an hourly basis. Here, watch:

"Mass Effect 2 is gonna be big, and Sony won't bring out another console for probably six or more years."

Paycheque, please.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Wait, why were clips of Rabbids Go Home being shown when he was talking about shovelware?!

...and can someone please tell the director to keep the camera still. Dramatic zooms every two seconds only serve to make your audience motion sick.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Lukeje said:
...and can someone please tell the director to keep the camera still. Dramatic zooms every two seconds only serve to make your audience motion sick.
Agreed. Slow zooms are good for emotional stuff. Fast zooms are good for nothin', unless you're trying to look tacky.

Aaaaaaand... PUNCH IN!

Sparrow said:
Shouldn't that be Pacheque?
I think you just gave me diabetes.

Apr 28, 2008
I can predict things, why the hell don't I get my own show?

"There will be a Call of Duty Reveal at E3"
"God of War will help close the gap that the 360 has over the PS3"

The Shade said:
Paycheque, please.

antigodoflife

Nov 12, 2009
He has something good to say, just wish his producers didn't make him act like their definition of teenage cool - it makes him sound like a try hard and makes people less inclined to listen to him.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
this may sound weird but i love his voice, its so comforting and pleasant, like your granddad after you fell of your tricycle.

I'll keep on watching if only for that.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
He was able to accomplish this because gaming news sites and blogs keep posting his guesses as news. Good work, guys, you've given an idiot more attention than he deserves, and he's getting paid for it.

P.S. Thanks

Jun 15, 2009
Btw, it's just Wedbush Securities now. Pachter usually sounds really good (love him on the bonus round) but this segment is just ridiculous. He's wrong about half the time but to be fair being right half the time in such an unpredictable industry is pretty damn good. I'd like to see them tone it down a little bit and just let him speak. Rename the show too, Pach Attack? Are you trying to appeal this to the Nickolodeon crowd?

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Didn't he say Mass Effect 2 wouldn't be a big selling game? Why does he have his own show again?

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
[HEADING=1]GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!![/HEADING]

Pachter, shut up. There is no such f*cking thing as casual and hardcore game(r)s! This is the reason why that terminology JUST. DOESN'T. DIE. Because people like you [Pachter] self-import yourself into the industry and bandy about misleading, undefinable jargon that blankets the actuall industry about as well as snowfall blankets the Sahara.

I really want to see this become video evidence on how wrong he is.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Who? What? Why should I care?

WHO IS THIS MAN?!
I have no idea but he appears to be important...somewhere...some...how?

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
if there's one thing that gamers really like, it's schadenfreude.
That can apply to almost everyone with an internet connection, really.

And yes, I absolutely love it.