Microsoft Believes Peripherals Are Old News

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
This coming from the same company that's been hyping up Natal, which is a PERIPHERAL, for the last year or two.

Sephiwind

Darth Conservative
Aug 12, 2009
Am I the only one that finds this piece kind of ironic. I'm not sure if ironic is the correct word but at 3:30 in the morning it is the closest that can come to mind.

Seriously though the article contradicts their whole Natal project. First they damn thing is a peripheral.

Second they say by being able to touch the screen it brings a whole new level of interactivity. I find this rather humorous since the whole bloody point of Natal is that you don't have to touch a fucking thing.

The Infinite

Mar 30, 2009
The Surface is an amazing piece of tech I have to say. It's real interaction and no need for annoying wires and cables. But as most people point out. It's freaking $12k Holy crap.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
UltimatheChosen said:
Well, on the bright side, this thing probably isn't a regular shitty touchscreen.

On the downside, it's TWELVE GRAND. Yeah, I'm sure you're gonna get "a Surface on every surface" with that price tag.
Yeah...we all just happen to have that much money just lying down the back of our sofas, heh.

Come on Microsoft, if you want us to have stuff at least make the price tag realisitc!