Microsoft Defends Halo 3: ODST Pricing

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
oliveira8 said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
oliveira8 said:
Still not as expensive as the inFAMOUS copy selling for 74 euros at a store where I live...
But does Halo 3: ODST have Yahtzee saying its a great game?

I'm kidding. That sounds pretty unfair, you might want to check another store - might just be a problem on their end.
Who knows. He might end up liking it!(not a chance.) And yes its the store problem. Which happens to be right now the only store in town.

There was a old store that sold geek stuff but it close down. I had customer privalages and everything!
Why don't you just use Amazon?
I probably will. But when I buy my PS3 sometime betewen today and christmas, inFAMOUS is not one of those games that I will buy right away.

Uncharted, LittleBig Planet, Batman:Arkham Asylum, Brutal Legend and MSG4(. Which by now are pretty cheap apart from batman and Brutal Legend which aren't still relesead). My buyers list doesn't only resolve around games, I also have books to buy!

Wafflestomper99

May 14, 2009
I don't really see a need to charge a full amount. It is an expansion pack for all intents and purposes. I'll try it, but I'm not gonna buy it till the price drops. And if that means waiting a while, I will.

It's just a cash cow.

May 17, 2007
Lord Krunk said:
$60? But that's tiny!

Oh wait, you guys are American. Oh well, I suppose I'll have to make do with my $120 price tag.
Tell me about it. For all their complaining, $60 USD = $74 AUD. They complain about paying significantly less than two-thirds of what a full-price game costs here. And what reason do they give? "It's a small market" or "Localisation costs". Oh yeah, it's so hard to translate a game from English into English (and they never bother to make it UK English) or to ship games to a nation of 20 million people. It's shameless price-gouging.

gmer412

Feb 21, 2008
Fraser.J.A said:
Lord Krunk said:
$60? But that's tiny!

Oh wait, you guys are American. Oh well, I suppose I'll have to make do with my $120 price tag.
Tell me about it. For all their complaining, $60 USD = $74 AUD. They complain about paying significantly less than two-thirds of what a full-price game costs here. And what reason do they give? "It's a small market" or "Localisation costs". Oh yeah, it's so hard to translate a game from English into English (and they never bother to make it UK English) or to ship games to a nation of 20 million people. It's shameless price-gouging.
Yeah, you guys have it rough. Still, this the cost of a whole game for an expansion pack. The actual number price is irrelevant; the fact that it costs double what it should is.

Jsnoopy

Nov 20, 2008
Lol hell no i'm not buying this! The d*cks at bungie still haven't made the legendry maps free a year after they have dropped and I mistakenly bought the mythic maps thinking they would become so. No more money for you, Bungie!

smithy1234

Dec 12, 2008
Microsoft and Bungie know that people will buy any FPS with the Halo brand name slapped on it and will pay full price for it. So they are going to do that because they are a business and just want to make money, not quality or fair priced titles.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
as long as its longer then halo 3 we wont have a problem

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
I've noticed a strange trend. Collector edition games keep rising in prices, with the occasional skyrocket, like Gears of War 2, with it's replica Lancer.

Now, I'm all for getting collector editions, I have several myself, but I see them keep going up and up and up... all I say is it better be worth the price.

oblivionenigma

Jun 2, 2009
Halo 3 was your typical FPS... Certainly not bad, but not great either. I would not have bought that for $60. Now an expansion pack is asking the same amount as the original game? No thanks :p

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
People paid for more older games..

StarFox 64 was way more expensive,yet people still paid for it.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
Keane Ng said:
pantsoffdanceoff said:
Keane Ng said:
[b/]Are[/b] Bungie and Microsoft hurting for cash these days just like the rest of us? "At the time of those statements, the overall scope of Halo 3: ODST was not yet finalized,
I believe it's fixed.
Grammar Nazi awaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Gah. To be fair, that wasn't really a grammar mistake, I just kept the wrong word after I changed the sentence. So it was just negligence. MY GRAMMER ARE FLAWELESS.
YES. IT IS FLAWLESS.

Besides, dont try correct him, where would we be without Keane? he brings us THE NEWS so we can get angry as THE NEWS is usually developers doing evil things becuase this is THE NEWS to only gamers and this site is packed with gamers who want THE NEWS.

Sorry, I wanted an excuse to type in caps.
Hail Newsman.

Edit: On topic, I am going to buy this. I enjoyed the flexibility of the Halo 3 multiplayer.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Jsnoopy said:
Lol hell no i'm not buying this! The d*cks at bungie still haven't made the legendry maps free a year after they have dropped and I mistakenly bought the mythic maps thinking they would become so. No more money for you, Bungie!
...why should they be free anyway?

LaughingSade

Jun 13, 2009
Tch, Microsoft is always trying to bring in as much money as possible. Just look up their idiotic auto-renewal Xbox live billing fiasco. Can't cancel it online..no...you must call their support center. So..this move doesn't surprise me at all. Who knows though..MAYBE the game will warrant the price change, I have yet to play it.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Lord Krunk said:
$60? But that's tiny!

I thought something much the same when they said the new tony hawk game would be $120. There needs to be a universal unit for wealth.

Gormers1

Apr 9, 2008
Boycotting is such a strong word....

Anyway, I can see now why they think it is worth full-price, since it looks like a completely different game. I still think it should have been cheaper (runs on the same engine etc), but Ill probably buy it anyway.