Microsoft Edge is now garbage

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
My main browser is Firefox and I would just fire up Edge if I wanted to view a site without an ad blocker or noscript blocking all the scripts. I noticed after an Edge update (where you get a new right bar thingy) that Edge will set itself to startup with Windows and when you close Edge, it doesn't actually close and stays in memory. And it just doesn't sit in memory as it's actively doing shit as I noticed the mouse cursor doing the blue circle thing when I was just sitting on a static web page and low and behold Edge is doing shit in task manager. Time to uninstall Edge and install Waterfox as the backup browser.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
My main browser is Firefox and I would just fire up Edge if I wanted to view a site without an ad blocker or noscript blocking all the scripts. I noticed after an Edge update (where you get a new right bar thingy) that Edge will set itself to startup with Windows and when you close Edge, it doesn't actually close and stays in memory. And it just doesn't sit in memory as it's actively doing shit as I noticed the mouse cursor doing the blue circle thing when I was just sitting on a static web page and low and behold Edge is doing shit in task manager. Time to uninstall Edge and install Waterfox as the backup browser.
I use Firefox and Edge the same way. I haven't had a problem with it. I have Chrome too, which I use for a number of job related purposes. Never heard of Waterfox before. Reviewing.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I use Firefox and Edge the same way. I haven't had a problem with it. I have Chrome too, which I use for a number of job related purposes. Never heard of Waterfox before. Reviewing.
I use it on the work laptop since they blocked installing Firefox (even with admin rights). It's just a fork is Firefox.

Florime

Sep 22, 2021
Country
USA
If you compare the browsers Edge and Firefox, then I will choose Edge. In general, I will choose any browser but Firefox!

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
If you compare the browsers Edge and Firefox, then I will choose Edge. In general, I will choose any browser but Firefox!
Why?
Never added extensions to Edge. Are they available?

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Firefox is what I use at work, but chrome is what I used when I am bored.