Microsoft Executive Replies To Xbox One Negativity

ModReap

Gatekeeper
Apr 3, 2008
362
0
0
Karloff said:
He went on to claim that new, as yet unannounced content would persuade consumers to shell out the extra $100 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124815-PS4-Will-Not-Block-Used-Games-or-Require-an-Online-Connection] to buy an Xbone, rather than a PS4.
Because we all want so desperately to pay for things we don't know about.
 

mokes310

New member
Oct 13, 2008
1,898
0
0
Yeah, it's not the price that bothers me, Microsoft. The fact that I can't simply share my games with friends, and the fact that I need to, much like E.T., phone home, is what I take issue with. Plain and simple, the PS4 won't require me to do that.

I was a big fan of the 360, but sadly (for you), I'll be spending my hard-earned coin on a Tron-esque-looking PS4.
 

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Apr 10, 2020
16,957
1,030
118
Country
Argentina
Karloff said:
"We always knew that our story would play out over time,"
Bahaha, Mr. Spencer. He has no leverage whatsoever on Sony. "This isn't a sprint"? Oh, so Sony's big mistake was announcing games for their game console at a game convention, is that it? And your strategy is to do the exact opposite of that? What a tactician.
 

The_Scrivener

New member
Nov 4, 2012
400
0
0
DVS BSTrD said:
Microsoft thinks it's still teasing us. In reality it's already blown it's load, thrown-up on our backs and passed out on the floor with it's pants around it's ankles. All thats left is to take a shower and go through it's wallet for the bus fare to Sony's house.
This is the most brilliant thing I've ever read in my life.
 

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
24,759
0
0
TimeLord said:
So instead of dealing with the problems that consumers have with Microsoft and the Xbox One, they are going to stick their heads in the sand and claim everything is a-ok until November?
History will vindicate them!

It worked for George W Bush!
 

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
15,489
0
0
Zachary Amaranth said:
TimeLord said:
So instead of dealing with the problems that consumers have with Microsoft and the Xbox One, they are going to stick their heads in the sand and claim everything is a-ok until November?
History will vindicate them!

It worked for George W Bush!
So, we are then mimicking the Obama/McCain election here? I like where this is going.
 

008Zulu_v1legacy

New member
Sep 6, 2009
6,019
0
0
chiefohara said:
Whats interesting here is whats not being said.

Considering the response to the DRM and used games fiasco microsoft (especially after the PS4 E3 conference) is going to have a few serious quiet meetings and see what/if they can roll back on certain things before november.
My impression is that a lot of the stuff people are hating on is hard coded in to the console. Which would require a major re-design to get rid of.
 

MrHide-Patten

New member
Jun 10, 2009
1,309
0
0
VanQ said:
He probably isn't. It was marketed as a CoD and Battlefield machine. So take a guess who exactly it was that ordered all those XBox Ones. That's right, it's foulmouthed li'l Timmy's mum from two doors down.
At least now all the Timmy's in the world will have to shout obscenity's at each other whilst everyone else can share a tea over a more sophisticated network. Like a sir.
 

MrHide-Patten

New member
Jun 10, 2009
1,309
0
0
Riff Moonraker said:
Gearhead mk2 said:
VanQ said:
He probably isn't. It was marketed as a CoD and Battlefield machine. So take a guess who exactly it was that ordered all those XBox Ones. That's right, it's foulmouthed li'l Timmy's mum from two doors down.
I knew the Xbone was marketed to that particualr kind of fratboy who does nothing at all and is yet somehow incredibly rich, but I didn't expect there to be so many of them.
Please allow me to shred this stereotype you seem to be trying to pidgeonhole me into... I am a father of two with a job. Nothing more, nothing less. Also, I have played very little CoD, and have never touched Battlefield. I favor RPGs, with Mass Effect being my absolute favorite game trilogy of all time, and the Elder Scrolls titles being a close second. I am quite happy with my purchase, and I am completely bonkers about playing Elder Scrolls Online next spring.

Sure, I also feel like Microsoft didnt handle things the way they should have, but they are not going to stop bringing the games, and I really do not think the used games part is nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. Their conference Monday was the best they have done in YEARS. (The last few years have been terrible, so no, they didnt have to reach far, but still...)

I play on the Xbox. I love games. I will continue to have that need fulfilled on the Xbox One. Thats the most important thing to me. Tell you what, let me return the treatment back to you folks... Sony had a great conference too!! You guys look like you will be busy playing a bunch of awesome games, too!! Cheers to you! Oh, wait, sorry.... I came off sounding pleasant. Geez... I couldnt even get that stereotype right. /sigh

Hate all you want, I am not going to hear it in the land of Tamriel. :)
I think people would be jumping up your butt less if Elder Scrolls Online was exclusive to the Xbox One, but it's also going to the PS4... and PC. It's just pre-ordering is a sign of aprovement of Microsoft's ham handed attempt at next gen.
 

MeChaNiZ3D

New member
Aug 30, 2011
3,104
0
0
It's not a race, it's a competition. You are competing with Sony, mainly. This means that in order to win, you have to be better than Sony. Has no-one explained this yet? You can't have a console that is more restrictive and more expensive at the same time, that's silly. In any case, it really doesn't matter how sure Microsoft is of itself, we'll see what happens. If it were up to me, no Xbones would be sold anywhere, but apparently some people are willing to buy them. You never know.
 

Shamanic Rhythm

New member
Dec 6, 2009
1,653
0
0
To sum up the dialogue so far:

Gamers: Your overconfidence is your weakness.
Microsoft: Your faith in your friends is yours.
 

FoolKiller

New member
Feb 8, 2008
2,409
0
0
The 100 dollar difference might be that waste of space that is the new kinect. Are there any games for it yet?
 

ArithianFlame

New member
Jun 11, 2013
32
0
0
I'm confused, at what point was this ever a race? All I saw was Microsoft's pants falling down around their ankles, and them falling on their face at the start line.

But that's ok, guys. We should all go spend that extra $100 for content they won't tell us about yet.

I feel better already.
 

Gormech

New member
May 10, 2012
259
0
0
Calling it now

1. Hackers are gonna make torrents of all of the exclusives out of pure spite.
2. That thing that was supposed to be the new halo is just halo 5 with a different name.
3. Motion controls still buggy. (use the magnet thing already. It works better)
4. Eventually get pay-to-win online multiplayer. (IE: CoD Buying extra points over your standard max to use more perks than non-payers)
5. System overheats.
6. Something about a warranty going bad.
7. System thinks it's at a different house every time your router's ip resets. (using up the trade limit on games)
8. Kinect uses facial recognition to keep others in your house from being able to play on your file. (even if you want them too to prevent having to buy more passes)
9. Short battery life on controllers. (recharge cable sold separately)
And finally: The MS servers crash like Diablo did.

Let's see how wrong I am. x3
 

grey_space

Magnetic Mutant
Apr 16, 2012
455
0
0
luvd1 said:
I have my preorder for the ps4... And so does the staff in my local Game store, for them it's the eye or saron that was the last strew.... As well as the price.... And that you have to ask permission to play your games. But even though I am heading Sony way, I can't help but feel a loss and oddly enough it's for fable. With all it's faults for there as many, it is that gamei will miss the most.... You can stuff halo, master chief smells too much like sonic the hedgehog.
Ya I'm in the same boat. But apparently they are still supporting the 360, so with a bit of luck it'll come out on that as well.
 

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
24,759
0
0
FalloutJack said:
So, we are then mimicking the Obama/McCain election here? I like where this is going.
Well, considering the age of mediocrity we've entered, I think it's apt. I'm not sure I LIKE it, though. Following the analogy, the PS4 will win on strong promises and then cave 60 days into its run as top console. People will continue to vote fore buy it only because the batshit crazy people running the other console manage to double down on the worst possible decisions.
 

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
24,759
0
0
Gormech said:
Calling it now

1. Hackers are gonna make torrents of all of the exclusives out of pure spite.
2. That thing that was supposed to be the new halo is just halo 5 with a different name.
3. Motion controls still buggy. (use the magnet thing already. It works better)
4. Eventually get pay-to-win online multiplayer. (IE: CoD Buying extra points over your standard max to use more perks than non-payers)
5. System overheats.
6. Something about a warranty going bad.
7. System thinks it's at a different house every time your router's ip resets. (using up the trade limit on games)
8. Kinect uses facial recognition to keep others in your house from being able to play on your file. (even if you want them too to prevent having to buy more passes)
9. Short battery life on controllers. (recharge cable sold separately)
And finally: The MS servers crash like Diablo did.

Let's see how wrong I am. x3
1. Hackers would make torrents of all the exclusives anyway.
2. Probably.
3. Kinect 2.0 will be like Wii Motion Plus. It will do about what the original was supposed to do a few years late. :p
4. Probably going to happen with all consoles.
5. The things like 95% airflow. How can they...Oh, right. Microsoft.
6. Well, there tends to only be one shitty console a gen, so I'm giving it even odds.
7. Given the way Microsoft ran their last consoles, probably.
8. That's absurd! That's insane! That would mean they actually got poart of Kinect to work right!
9. Sounds like this will be par for the course this gen.
10. I'm calling bullshit here. Mostly because Microsoft will make the D3 launch look well-planned.
 

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
1,181
0
0
DVS BSTrD said:
Microsoft thinks it's still teasing us. In reality it's already blown it's load, thrown-up on our backs and passed out on the floor with it's pants around it's ankles. All thats left is to take a
shower and go through it's wallet for the bus fare to Sony's house.
I.... Wow. Surprisingly poignant, despite being so gross.

Hashtaggameindustry2013 anyone?
 

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
15,489
0
0
Zachary Amaranth said:
FalloutJack said:
So, we are then mimicking the Obama/McCain election here? I like where this is going.
Well, considering the age of mediocrity we've entered, I think it's apt. I'm not sure I LIKE it, though. Following the analogy, the PS4 will win on strong promises and then cave 60 days into its run as top console. People will continue to vote fore buy it only because the batshit crazy people running the other console manage to double down on the worst possible decisions.
I think the analogy loses its footing around there. Nobody EVER approves of a national recovery president, even if they voted for 'im.
 

Goro

New member
Feb 16, 2021
234
0
0
Country
Australia
Microsoft is promising us cake, $100usd of cake.
And we know about cake, don't we?
I may be (most definitely am) behind, but are Hulu and Netflix and all their ilk available in Australia? Why would I buy a cable box if it doesn't support the services in my country? Nope, not buying a Xbone.