Microsoft for President!

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
I think conflicts among share holders and the board of directors would make a corporation effectively holding office impossible. If Microsoft was president our government would red-ring, then we would need to rebuild it from scratch.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Zac_Dai said:
Souplex said:
A human being can hold pretty much any elected position in the U.S. so long as they are over 35, were born in America and have never been convicted of a felony.
How did Arnie get elected as governor then? Is there some loophole?
The born in America only affects the office of president, I was referring to all public offices.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
4guy5montag1 said:
the people are supposed to be the ones running the country, not the elite.

/fight the power man!
assimilation, submission, the elite, all of which are american dreams, all of which are american dreams...

/RAM tangent

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
Would be interesting if a corporation tried, but it would have to be a corporation with a large fanbase because so many people are scared of those "big, evil" corporations.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
j0z said:
Would be interesting if a corporation tried, but it would have to be a corporation with a large fanbase because so many people are scared of those "big, evil" corporations.
I am sure that at least some companies are seen as benevolent and friendly. Does anyone hate Hallmark?

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
I don't really see how multiple people could hold a single position; the heirarchial chain of a corporation would result in the chief executive officer taking responsibility for the role, unless they delegated...

I'm too tired to think straight.

skcseth

May 25, 2009
It wouldn't be allowed... would it? Wouldn't that be like a.... monopoly over the country??