Microsoft: Natal Won't Divert Core Gamer Focus

hebdomad

May 21, 2008
with half-a-decade left in the Xbox 360's lifespan isn't it possible that this could happen with software for Natal someday too?
It will be if M$ commits fully to Natal for the Xbox 360 and the next-box they make. ( Extra points if you can plug your Natal into your next-box )

Unlike their poor effort with their webcam attachment...

Njaard said:
Nintendo can't take responsibility for what other people make for their console.
Yes they can. They have the exclusive power to say what goes on their machine and what does not. Surly some one remembers the "Nintendo Seal of Quality"?.... worth it's weight of gold in the 64 era, but pretty much worthless now.

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
hebdomad said:
Njaard said:
Nintendo can't take responsibility for what other people make for their console.
Yes they can. They have the exclusive power to say what goes on their machine and what does not. Surly some one remembers the "Nintendo Seal of Quality"?.... worth it's weight of gold in the 64 era, but pretty much worthless now.
*clears throat*

Mr. Fister said:
The Nintendo Seal of Quality never meant that the game was good. What it was meant to say was that the cartridge was up to scratch and the game will run as it should without doing any damage to your system. It was made to put an end to faulty cartridges that could do irreparable harm to the system as well as establish some kind of regulation for companies to adhere to, something that was severely lacking in the days of the Atari 2600 and Intellivision.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
Njaard said:
MR T3D said:
Njaard said:
I'm really laughing quite hard about how narrowminded people on this forum are; Nintendo are releasing their hardcore AAA titles at the same pace that they always have, they've only split their focus a bit now. In stead of releasing one hardcore title a year like they used to they're now releasing one to two hardcore titles per year plus a casual game a year. Gamers simply complain because Nintendo because they're widening their borders, and 3rd party developers that have no association with Nintendo other than developing for the big N's console releasing shovelware to cash in. Don't hate Nintendo, hate the people abusing their console.
still, because the wii is so much weaker than xbawks and ps3, that means most 3rd party devs make cool games that use the power of them, and they simply cannot run on the wii without looking like shite.
the lack of power at the expense of mostly shovelware IS reason to hate on the N
The only limitation of the Wii is graphical power. Graphical power does not make a game good; that's what gameplay and story are for. As stated, Nintendo can't take responsibility for what other people make for their console.
Graphics do matter, to an extent, to allow for the creation of a BELIEVABLE story and the like, as well as to offer a more interactive experience, and at least look decent on a modern TV.
by being too different from from competitors, it naturally can expect different treatment from third parties.
developers try to take best advantage of a console, often following what the first party does:
when the best selling and one of the best recieved games on your console is a collection of 5 minigames (wii sports, which IS great) then the other devs will try to emulate it and its success.
like xbox and halo, then the large number of console shooters seen now, we have wii and its minigames, and then large number of similiar titles.
plus, devs can't, because of said lack of power, port their xbox and ps3 games over to the wii.

Njaard

Sep 17, 2009
MR T3D said:
Njaard said:
MR T3D said:
Njaard said:
I'm really laughing quite hard about how narrowminded people on this forum are; Nintendo are releasing their hardcore AAA titles at the same pace that they always have, they've only split their focus a bit now. In stead of releasing one hardcore title a year like they used to they're now releasing one to two hardcore titles per year plus a casual game a year. Gamers simply complain because Nintendo because they're widening their borders, and 3rd party developers that have no association with Nintendo other than developing for the big N's console releasing shovelware to cash in. Don't hate Nintendo, hate the people abusing their console.
still, because the wii is so much weaker than xbawks and ps3, that means most 3rd party devs make cool games that use the power of them, and they simply cannot run on the wii without looking like shite.
the lack of power at the expense of mostly shovelware IS reason to hate on the N
The only limitation of the Wii is graphical power. Graphical power does not make a game good; that's what gameplay and story are for. As stated, Nintendo can't take responsibility for what other people make for their console.
Graphics do matter, to an extent, to allow for the creation of a BELIEVABLE story and the like, as well as to offer a more interactive experience, and at least look decent on a modern TV.
by being too different from from competitors, it naturally can expect different treatment from third parties.
developers try to take best advantage of a console, often following what the first party does:
when the best selling and one of the best recieved games on your console is a collection of 5 minigames (wii sports, which IS great) then the other devs will try to emulate it and its success.
like xbox and halo, then the large number of console shooters seen now, we have wii and its minigames, and then large number of similiar titles.
plus, devs can't, because of said lack of power, port their xbox and ps3 games over to the wii.
You don't have to go for realistic graphics, the Wii has one of the best looking games to date, Muramasa. As you stated, the Xbox and the PS3 has the same amount of shovelware; the main difference lies in the target audience of it. A crappy game for "hardcore" players is much more respected than one for the casual crowd, even though the quality of the games are just about the same. The Wii has given developers a chance to make exciting games with intuitive controls. Games like De Blob and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories prove that 3rd party developers can create magnificent control schemes for the Wii. I'll quote myself once again: Nintendo can't take resposibility for theshovelware on their console, nor can they moderate it. Don't blame the big N.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
Njaard said:
MR T3D said:
Njaard said:
MR T3D said:
Njaard said:
You don't have to go for realistic graphics, the Wii has one of the best looking games to date, Muramasa. As you stated, the Xbox and the PS3 has the same amount of shovelware; the main difference lies in the target audience of it. A crappy game for "hardcore" players is much more respected than one for the casual crowd, even though the quality of the games are just about the same. The Wii has given developers a chance to make exciting games with intuitive controls. Games like De Blob and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories prove that 3rd party developers can create magnificent control schemes for the Wii. I'll quote myself once again: Nintendo can't take responsibility for theshovelware on their console, nor can they moderate it. Don't blame the big N.
*checks own post for saying shooters are awful shovelware*
*nope*
*what the hell is meramasa?*
*searches youtube, looks at new gameplay trailer for wii instalment*
*2D jumping hack&slash with Japanese cartoon art style*
*not my taste*
2D is very easy to have look decent, but i for one MUCH prefer to play 3d games.
*looks at silent hill and deblob*
*silent hill: mildly impressive, but the environment, while nice, being the level of fidelity i am happy with, isn't terribly interactive. not much goes on other than a flashlight. and random activities with objects that often take their own time. it being on ps2 and psp suggests that its not a game that needs the wii's innovation, and was plenty possible 5 years ago.
*be blob: oh, its a free PC game ported to wii. looks kind of fun, but when this is considered one of the best for the console, when it was basically ported from the PC, that doesn't make it a shinning example of 3rd party support. hell, one might say that the wii is so weak, a free PC game can be considered better than most of its stuff.*
*both of the wii'ss best games are not games that required its innovation, they just were well afdapted.*

still, for choosing to be radically different from both competitors, nintendo can be expected to expect different 3rd part support, and would be delusional to expect the 3rd party to give it same effort as a ps3/xbox/PC game, which has a far bigger gamer market.
*the wii is much more of a novelty, most people not playing it for video games, but for that fun bowling/tennis/golf thing*
for the record: i do own a wii, and its occasionally fun, but many games i've rented for it are ugly on an HD tv, and really not too good.
hell, i like and play SSB more than SSBB(because SSB feels faster and more responsive, SSBB has a certain sluggishness in its characters, i suspect its for online play)
I shall blame nintendo for choosing a different path for the sake of doing so, they should accept responsibility for most results of said path.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
What i'm hoping happens next generation is full backwards compatability. I hate having a fucktonne of worthless games after one generation.
Microsoft will probably end up doing this. Gamertags carried over, Gamerscore piling up, new games, 360 games still playable... just to appease consumers.
Nintendo, I dunno.
Sony, not sure.