Microsoft Reveals the Most played 360 Games of 2011

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Wow. You guys loves yourself some Call of Duty, don't you?
I cant, ******* stand it. Neither can a lot of my friends on console but hey: Someone's got to enjoy the games you absolutely distaste for a multitude of reasons.

Noble_Lance said:
I'm pissed off the sports games are on there. I'm not a Xbox guy, just pissed off that people can be suckered to spend enough money on a new game for what should be a DLC with the roster changes.
The same could be said for some other higher scoring games on the list, but instead of roster changes, a few tweaks here and there to the online arsenal and killing fields - once again something that I would assume to be nothing more than content pack back in the early millennium - a time when games were cheaper anyway. It pains me, it really does. I don't even know why, it doesn't effect me if I just ignore it. Probably has something to do with my little brother falling foul of this trap each and every year, with my parents money. Now I'm self-sufficient I jsut take pride in knowing that not a penny of my money is going towards those (what I see as) crooked cash cow products.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
Skyrim would also be a lot higher if Xbox players had access to the same Mods that the PC crowd does. As it is, I bet a few are waiting until the DLC comes out.
Raiyan 1.0 said:
What can I say? We just can't always be bothered to think...
http://i.imgur.com/lM1XU.png
outside the box
You made that same joke twice in a day!
make a new one dammit!

OT: Im worried that they have spent more time on mw3 which came out a couple of minths ago, than they have MW2 that came out a year ago.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
That does only talke into account people on live right? How do they know how much I have played my games bearing in mind I am not connected to the net on my xbox! So that figure is slightly off... I wonder how many people are playing Skyrim without connection, or a lot of the other single player games!?

Helloo

Jan 6, 2012
Reaper195 said:
As for the top five.......I am actually surprised Black Ops is the highest COD game there. Although I guess a lot of people play Zombies as well as the multiplayer the MW games only have.
Well, it did have 9 months of play time before MW3. I knew it would be Black Ops before I even saw the list; Xbox live had something like 2 million unique players on the first day of Black Op release date.. luls.

I'd love to see the Ps3 and PC list (which, I presume, would be quite impossible to produce. Hell, a Facebook game might top the list). Judging from my 50/60 PSN friends, the most frequent games I see being played on the Ps3 is Uncharted 3 and Skyrim. So I would think they'd be No.1 and No.2 on that list.

What's that about my sample size being too small? Haha.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
Hardly surprising, especially considering the amount of people like my dad who bought an xbox purely for CoD multiplayer and disregard even the notion of other games.

Nice to see Skyrim in there, and GTA IV and Red Dead. But 17/20 games either shooters or sports?

I am disappoint.

Trololo Punk

May 14, 2011
Slightly surprised by World At War still being there (since it's so incredibly hard to find a game without god mode, quick fire players). But other then that exactly as expected.

Cgull

Behind You
Oct 31, 2009
Why oh why must intelligent commenters on here persist in making and spreading generic assumptions on the mental capacity of CoD/FIFA/Madden gamers? It would be no different to someone calling all players of Skyrim basement-dwelling, WoW-playing geeks or GTAIV players latent psychopaths just waiting for the chance to go murder happy. Both untrue, both unreasonable.

Regardless of the games that people enjoy surely we should all just be happy that gaming itself has become more mainstream, after all, it's a pastime we (presumably) all enjoy...

If that doesn't convince; I'm a FIFA player and I've typed this without dribbling, I'm a CoD player and I've not been a sweary 12 year old for a while now, I'm a Skyrim player and basements concern me, I'm a GTIV player and I don't currently have plans for any funtime murder sprees.

TL:DR; Stop sneering at others habits, we're all gamers, enjoy what we have in common rather than revel in what we don't.

On a less ranty and more on topic note; If only there was a way of seeing an average of how long each gamer has spent playing each of those top ten, I suspect Skyrim would be higher though probably not top...

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Cgull said:
Why oh why must intelligent commenters on here persist in making and spreading generic assumptions on the mental capacity of CoD/FIFA/Madden gamers? It would be no different to someone calling all players of Skyrim basement-dwelling, WoW-playing geeks or GTAIV players latent psychopaths just waiting for the chance to go murder happy. Both untrue, both unreasonable.

Regardless of the games that people enjoy surely we should all just be happy that gaming itself has become more mainstream, after all, it's a pastime we (presumably) all enjoy...

If that doesn't convince; I'm a FIFA player and I've typed this without dribbling, I'm a CoD player and I've not been a sweary 12 year old for a while now, I'm a Skyrim player and basements concern me, I'm a GTIV player and I don't currently have plans for any funtime murder sprees.

TL:DR; Stop sneering at others habits, we're all gamers, enjoy what we have in common rather than revel in what we don't.

On a less ranty and more on topic note; If only there was a way of seeing an average of how long each gamer has spent playing each of those top ten, I suspect Skyrim would be higher though probably not top...
You know, there are times where I wish this site had a like button. Not a dislike button though cause that would just be mean.

Anyway, yeah, I also play Call of Duty from time to time, haven't bought a copy since the fourth since my cousin gets them every release and I just play them on split screen online at his house. However neither I or my cousin are frat boys who like to yell at people and swear like fucking 12 year olds... I actually play DnD and mostly enjoy RPGs than anything else.

The stereotyping is annoying and the whole no true Scotsmen "Your not a real gamer if you play COD" fallacy gets on my nerves. I can understands peoples dislike in it however... Its just a game, you don't like it fine, write a review, hate on it... What ever but don't insult the players or lump them into one big stereotype.

madster11

Aug 17, 2010
This list is exactly why i only keep a 360 for Forza 4.

All the 12yo kids playing CoD are a ******* disgrace to the rest of us.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Jadak said:
Erm...What was the point in releasing a list like this based on unique users? Wouldn't that be practically identical to the "copies sold" ranking? Which I was under the impression isn't new data?

Would much rather see one involving total playtime.
Unique users also factors in duplicate/new/sham accounts.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Joshimodo said:
Jadak said:
Erm...What was the point in releasing a list like this based on unique users? Wouldn't that be practically identical to the "copies sold" ranking? Which I was under the impression isn't new data?

Unique users also factors in duplicate/new/sham accounts.
Would that really make much difference to the overall statistics either way? I honestly have no idea on the numbers for that, just not under the impression it's significant enough to be relevant. In any case, copies solid would still be the better number anyways although I suppose that only applies to games that were release in the same year, doesn't do much good for the older stuff.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
It's sad that I already knew what people in this community were going to comment, '*sigh* CoD is top', 'Yay Skyrim is up there, somewhere', 'Surprised at X game for being there'.

Jesus people everyone knows these things already, good job adding to the 'discussion'.

Jadak said:

But then the games that came out earlier would have an unfair advantage, MW2 might even be above MW3 for example.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
imnotparanoid said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Skyrim would also be a lot higher if Xbox players had access to the same Mods that the PC crowd does. As it is, I bet a few are waiting until the DLC comes out.
Raiyan 1.0 said:
What can I say? We just can't always be bothered to think...
http://i.imgur.com/lM1XU.png
outside the box
You made that same joke twice in a day!
make a new one dammit!
Sorry! Ryan quoted me with a glasses joke on the News Thread about the giant headed ants, so I was just responding in-kind.

Also, wow someone is actually following my posts! Did I pass the initiation period of something?
You have a very recognisable avatar :3