Microsoft Reveals the Most played 360 Games of 2011

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Amazed thar Cod4 and Halo 3 are still on this list.
I think we Need more online games that don't include shooting people.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
So the best selling games of the past few years are the most played. Who would have thought?

BiscuitWheels

Jan 10, 2009
I'm just happy to hear Pinball FX2 sold well. I love that game to death and I want more tables to be released. And I think I own two games on that entire list. Never saw the appeal of the realistic war shooter. Give me something outlandish any day.

TheEndlessSleep

Sep 1, 2010
Scrumpmonkey said:
And they wonder why people hate the XBL community... Playing many of those games online was a CHORE because of the consistant ass-hattery by their respective communities. If i wanted profanities, racial slurs, homophobia and death threats shouted at me by a group of mal-ajusted 13 years olds i would go teach in a US public school.
Oh yes I see, you met some annoying internet kids who happened to be playing xboxes, and suddenly the ENTIRE Xbox community are 'mal-adjusted 13-year-olds'.

Thank you sir, I'm sure that the PS3 and PC online communities are completely idiot-free zones...

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
Can someone please explain to me why people play video games based on sports?? I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS!! (and no, it's not because I suck at those 'games')

Especially soccer. I love me a good game of soccer. Outside.

Other then that, I'm not surprised. At all.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Jadak said:
Erm...What was the point in releasing a list like this based on unique users? Wouldn't that be practically identical to the "copies sold" ranking? Which I was under the impression isn't new data?

Would much rather see one involving total playtime.
My thoughts exactly. I'm sure we wouldn't see the likes of gta on there if this was the case.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Jadak said:
Would that really make much difference to the overall statistics either way? I honestly have no idea on the numbers for that, just not under the impression it's significant enough to be relevant. In any case, copies solid would still be the better number anyways although I suppose that only applies to games that were release in the same year, doesn't do much good for the older stuff.
You'd be surprised. On PSN, it's a greater volume as the accounts are free. On 360, it's typically sham accounts with 30-day or weekend trials etc., and they are certainly more numerous than you'd expect.

Thing is, the usual result of cheating/modding etc. is a temporary or sometimes permanent ban from the service. LOTS of people run a 2nd, 3rd account and so on to be able to cheat/mod/glitch without fear of reprisal. CoD is the main target for that these days.

Then there's also new accounts for those who wish to abuse TrueSkill, to boost, to glitch achievements etc.

For those who are surprised at GTAIV being on there, remember that there was a drastic decrease in price for the expansion packs in the middle of last year, and the GOTY edition was cheap in shops too.

pope_of_larry

Oct 18, 2009
you have to keep in mind that you need your x-box connected to the internet to be able to keep track of this, something that is almost required for the call of duty games but no so for skyrim.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Skyrim would also be a lot higher if Xbox players had access to the same Mods that the PC crowd does. As it is, I bet a few are waiting until the DLC comes out.
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Wow. You guys loves yourself some Call of Duty, don't you?
What can I say? We just can't always be bothered to think...
http://i.imgur.com/lM1XU.png
outside the box
You made that same joke twice in a day!
make a new one dammit!

OT: Im worried that they have spent more time on mw3 which came out a couple of minths ago, than they have MW2 that came out a year ago.
It's unique users, rather than time spent on the games, and it sold spectacularly well.
The thing that surprises me is that MW2 is 3rd on the list, given that BlOps came out in November 2010.

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
To be expected. Shame on anyone who actually thought that there would be diversity in a list like this.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
I know there a company out there that does measure the time played for the Xbox sorta like the Nielsen Ratings for television. They had Skyrim locked at number 1, with player playing on average almost twice as long as any other game per week.(I know Raptr does it too, but there was a company specifically for the Xbox 360)

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
DeanoTheGod said:
That does only talke into account people on live right? How do they know how much I have played my games bearing in mind I am not connected to the net on my xbox! So that figure is slightly off... I wonder how many people are playing Skyrim without connection, or a lot of the other single player games!?
That's actually a really good point. The games above Skyrim are pretty much only purchased for MP, so we can assume that ~95% of the purchasers are online and thus included in this list. Skyrim isn't the same. There could be hundreds of thousands with offline 360's playing Skyrim and other SP games only.