Microsoft Sues Datel Over 360 Controllers

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Are you fucking kidding me? What? Are you going to go after the hundred something 3rd party companies that make controllers for the 360 after that? What a bunch of cunts. Come up with good reasons to sue or don't sue at all for the love of God.

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
I can see why Microsoft is "pissed" but come on all the profit now you're just being silly

Fail Microsoft

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
BigEaZyE said:
The real reason is probably to combat the 'Turbo Rapid Fire' function on the controllers that give players an unfair advantage in games like Modern Warfare 2. Frankly I agree with that completely

'Programmable Turbo Rapid Fire

The Wildfire controller?s secret weapon is its programmable Turbo Rapid Fire that can be enabled on any one or more of 8 buttons, giving you a firepower advantage that can make all the difference. Just start the programming, choose which buttons you want to use Rapid Fire on and set the Turbo Rapid Fire mode. The WildFire controller has three selectable speed profiles ensuring usage of Rapid Fire with the widest range of games. With rapid fire enabled, weapons like single shot pistols in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, become lethal, fully automatic weapons that can empty a clip on an enemy in a second!
Explain how MadCatz got away with the MW2 official controller then.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Captain Pancake said:
Microsoft are a bunch of snivelling little children, crossed with a greedy fat old man. Dear god, sometimes I look at my xbox and I see what's wrong with the world.
God only knows what you see when your Xbox 360 gets the RRoD. :p

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
buy teh haloz said:
Captain Pancake said:
Microsoft are a bunch of snivelling little children, crossed with a greedy fat old man. Dear god, sometimes I look at my xbox and I see what's wrong with the world.
God only knows what you see when your Xbox 360 gets the RRoD. :p
Nothing but a red blur. Then I forget what happens next.

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
I'm guessing Datel somehow made a good 360 D-pad for their controler, and microsoft is just hateing on them for it.

L34dP1LL

Mar 6, 2010
"We believe that with the power Microsoft enjoys in the market for Xbox accessories this conduct is unlawful"

well, it IS their console.
you dont see burger king suing mcdonalds for not letting them sell their burgers at their place.

JaymesFogarty

Aug 19, 2009
That's yet another reason to support Sony and get a PS3! Seriously though, I don't really understand what Microsoft has against Datels' controllers. Aren't third party controllers supposed to be similar to the official ones?!

jasoncyrus

Sep 11, 2008
MurderousToaster said:
They deserve it. They made CoD4 a living nightmare when you ran into one of those rapid-fire using pratbags.
You realise they can simply change the physical look of the controller, like shape of it and you'll still have to deal with them right?

EDIT: In all honesty you shouldnt be legally allowed to patent peripherals like controlelrs. It's the same as sony patenting a dvd player model and sueing everyone who makes a dvd player that works with their sony tv.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
jasoncyrus said:
MurderousToaster said:
They deserve it. They made CoD4 a living nightmare when you ran into one of those rapid-fire using pratbags.
You realise they can simply change the physical look of the controller, like shape of it and you'll still have to deal with them right?

EDIT: In all honesty you shouldnt be legally allowed to patent peripherals like controlelrs. It's the same as sony patenting a dvd player model and sueing everyone who makes a dvd player that works with their sony tv.
I realise they can simply change the look. But I said they'd deserve to have their monetary supplies sapped by Microsoft.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
SharedProphet said:
On another note, everything on that controller looks to be lower quality than the Microsoft ones... except the D-pad.
Any D-Pad is an improvement. ANY.

Enzeru92

Oct 18, 2008
Man Microsoft is getting to tyrannical with its business seriously WtH Microsoft

jasoncyrus

Sep 11, 2008
MurderousToaster said:
jasoncyrus said:
MurderousToaster said:

I realise they can simply change the look. But I said they'd deserve to have their monetary supplies sapped by Microsoft.
Tbh its the devs fault for not putting a firing rate limit on weapons so things like this would be automatically nullified

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I never thought that maybe the reason so many 3rd party controllers are 'wonky' is because that can't ape the original design to closely or they'll get sued. This makes sense though.

drkchmst

Mar 28, 2010
Msoft needs to shrink massively. This is just major payback for the suit about 3rd party memory. Does Msoft think that allowing USB flash memory support is going to compensate for that? hahaha bs i still want to be able to mod my hard drive with like a 1TB drive and have it work. but thanks to msoft...thatll just get me booted from xbox live. we go ahead and buy their console with a legitimate expectation to be able to do what we want with the hardware (within reason and not trying to reverse engineer for profit) and yet they put the clamps down to make it no more useful than a fricken arcade game.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Actually I can totally understand that. I mean, if they blatantly infringed on Microsoft's patents, then yes THEY SHOULD BE SUED.

I mean, I'm all for "down with the man" or whatever, but if someone's taking a patent without permission or copying at all, then they should expect to be sued.