Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
"What we gunna do today Bob?"
"Well let's follow Activision's lead and totally fuck over the British!"

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
Torque669 said:
Wow ... Seriously wow. At Microsoft meetings do they just bang their heads against bricks for the first 30 minutes?
Technically they had to do this since when the price was £130 it was less then the cost to make the conesole meaning they would lose money but since the 360 was selling so well it didn't matter, but now that it's all settled down and the sales have slowed down they are now losing alot more money so the only way to stop it from losing money is to raise the price.

still it was a dumb move to raise it and also to lower it because when they lowered it they lost around a billion dollers but this I can not be entirley sure of.

Bottom line.
Sony waited till they can afford a price cut (Good and Bad)
Microsoft rushed into their price cut (Again Good and Bad)

Uncompetative

Jul 2, 2008
Maybe it comes with the new Jasper motherboard. It may have a 20 Gb HDD just so Microsoft don't lose out on NXE downloads. Even if users don't pay for old Xbox and new 360 games to download they would be making it possible to play demos and demos sell games (sometimes).

It may even be > 20 Gb. Like 40?

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Syphonz said:
What is this? An Escapist Article that isn't bashing Sony's marketing ploys?? but their competition?!!? I've been on this site for almost a year, I dare say this might be only the second time I've seen this.
Let's be fair, here.

Sony has some really stupid marketing at times. :p
there are times that Sony has done some brilliant things and the Escapist has missed reporting on them conveniently or if they do slanting it another way

Zac_Dai

Oct 21, 2008
cleverlymadeup said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Syphonz said:
What is this? An Escapist Article that isn't bashing Sony's marketing ploys?? but their competition?!!? I've been on this site for almost a year, I dare say this might be only the second time I've seen this.
Let's be fair, here.

there are times that Sony has done some brilliant things and the Escapist has missed reporting on them conveniently or if they do slanting it another way
Yeah there really is massive bias against Sony on this site. I don't even own a PS3 and even I think its a bit too much sometimes.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Zac_Dai said:
cleverlymadeup said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Syphonz said:
Let's be fair, here.

Yeah there really is massive bias against Sony on this site. I don't even own a PS3 and even I think its a bit too much sometimes.
A media outlet with a biased viewpoint? Stop the presses!

I challenge you to find one media outlet that doesn't have bias in it in one form or another.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Amnestic said:
Zac_Dai said:
cleverlymadeup said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Syphonz said:
Let's be fair, here.

I challenge you to find one media outlet that doesn't have bias in it in one form or another.
The Sony Defense Force! [http://www.sonydefenseforce.com/]

.....wait.....

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
I love the hate and the accusations of bias flying around in here.

Two things: first, we have NO IDEA why this has happened. It's quite possible that there's some unannounced change on the way to accomodate for this, but people seem to prefer getting swept up in a Hate Wave rather than wait for an explanation (which will surely be on the way. You don't raise prices on something without a good reason, especially not in this economy.)

Secondly, with regards to the "bias" that some people claim that they see: I've seen stories for both Sony and Microsoft done, in both positive and negative lights. About the only things that I think I can saftely say that the News team IS biased about are Jack Thompson and piracy, and in both cases they sort of have a right to be that way.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
It's due to the Euro/Pound exchange rate. Stop getting your panties in a bunch.

Zac_Dai

Oct 21, 2008
Amnestic said:
Zac_Dai said:
cleverlymadeup said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Syphonz said:
Let's be fair, here.

So because thats the Status Quo I'm suppose to find it acceptable and be quiet about it?

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
Im still using the hardrive and rechargable wireless controller I got with my first 360 way back when it first came out. Although I do believe I have went through 5 of them so far. The price increase doesnt seem like an astronomical amount and with the removal of the pro I am sure there is going to be more added to the arcade.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Zac_Dai said:
Amnestic said:
Zac_Dai said:
cleverlymadeup said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Syphonz said:
Let's be fair, here.

So because thats the Status Quo I'm suppose to find it acceptable and be quiet about it?
Actually you should find it acceptable because it's impossible to change since media is written by people and people are naturally biased.

daz_O_O

Click me I'm here!
Aug 27, 2008
It seem's unfair, but mostly because we're losing something that was a little too good to be true anyway. A next gen games console for £120 is dirt cheap, £160's probably a fairer price, but its like them teasing the horse with the carrot, then beating it with the same carrot.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Aren't they cancelling the 60 GB and lowering the price of the Elite though?
Just seems they're trying to balance it out. It's been £120 for a while now, if you wanted one that bad it wasn't exactly going to take you long to save for one was it?

Zac_Dai

Oct 21, 2008
Amnestic said:
Zac_Dai said:
Amnestic said:
Zac_Dai said:
cleverlymadeup said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Syphonz said:
Let's be fair, here.

Actually you should find it acceptable because it's impossible to change since media is written by people and people are naturally biased.
I realise now you're one of those people.

Feb 13, 2008
Syphonz said:
That's unfair. I bashed Micro$oft every chance I got. ;)

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
LOL at the UK..

see what happens when you release the Lockerbie bomber from jail on "compassionate grounds"?

this is what happens..

not to sound too patriotic..but Im proud to be an American ... ;)