Microsoft Twitter-Zings Activision Over PC Gaming

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Doesn't matter what Microsoft does, the response is still valid. As far as I can see they didn't claim to be doing a better job of supporting PCs. Also, the list of titles Activision has put out may be impressive, but the list of stuff they did to fuck PC gamers over is even more impressive.

Also, I will never connect my PC to a TV!

Jun 11, 2008
Well even though GFWL is completely pants Activision has been an utter disgrace to PC gaming lately and I couldn't believe it was doing it at the time.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
I'm glad that this Microsoft guy is there to tell us what real windows gamers really think in a official manner rather than reading the disreputable words of unofficial, soi-disant pc gamers on the rest of the net.

Saerain

Mar 24, 2009
Microsoft does more to support PC gaming than Activision simply by being responsible for Windows, as far as I'm concerned.

Never mind Games for Windows Live.

And even if they didn't, it doesn't make any criticism of Activision any less valid. Accusations of hypocrisy and implications of its effects on credibility are so irritatingly fallacious. Nintendo could have tweeted the same just as well as Intel. What does it matter what the source of the tweet has done for PC gaming?

Also, TVs make terrible gaming displays unless you're blind to everything but size....

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Tension between Activision and Microsoft seems high these days. With Activision trying to weasel their way into Microsoft's XBox Live subscription profits, and now with Microsoft taking cheap shots, it's turning out to be quite a show.

Hang on, just gotta make some popcorn.

kibayasu

Jan 3, 2008
The only reason Activision wants to support games on a PC is so they can create their own version of Steam/Impulse/whatever and charge people to play Activision's games (read: Call of Duty) online. Microsoft's getting all that sweet, sweet cash from Live subscriptions and Activision wants a piece.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
sunami88 said:
If "Twitter-Zing" becomes a real term, I will find you Andy Chalk...
Won't be hard. Just follow the trail of review scores :D

So does this mean they will scrap the "always on" DRM?

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
GamesB2 said:
I really want GFWL to start kicking off already... streamline the client, add cross platform party support, get a good list of games and developers signed on then you're ready to go and my GFWL client won't sit there with 3 games overall.
I'd rather it died and went away. At the time of writing I've not been able to play anything online that uses GfWL in about two months, and I'll be buggered if I can fix it. Add to that a terrible client, Microsoft Spacebucks(TM) for buying stuff and a broken system in general. Yea, it should just die.

Pebsy

Jun 12, 2008
doesn't GFWL have like... dawn of war II? at least it has some decent PC games in there. It not perfect but its pretty fun to see a predator tank blow a chaos space marine into fleshy bits. and at least MS is doing something decent, however small, cant say the same for that mw2 s*** that activision decided to f** up

pyrus7

Mar 16, 2010
Activision does have the biggest PC game out there: World of Warcraft, with Starcraft 2 soon to be released.

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
Pebsy said:
doesn't GFWL have like... dawn of war II? at least it has some decent PC games in there. It not perfect but its pretty fun to see a predator tank blow a chaos space marine into fleshy bits. and at least MS is doing something decent, however small, cant say the same for that mw2 s*** that activision decided to f** up
Dawn Of War is steam.

OP. While Activision do have quite a few games out on pc i would not say they support the PC, they just port everything across quickly and cheaply and say fix it yourself once they have your $60.

And until microsoft actually does something i aint going to believe a word they say.

So they are both full of crap unless one of them actually steps up and puts their money were their mouth is sometime soon.

Deadman Walkin

Jul 17, 2008
Yeah, sure they "support" PC gaming, especially with MW2, that really really did. I think the only reason they want to "support" PC gaming is because they bought Blizzard, and Blizzard right now is making them lots of moola.

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
Microsoft first killed Ensemble Studios, the makers of some of my favorite PC games of all time, but not before forcing them to make console-only Halo Wars. Strike 1.

Then Microsoft made Halo 3+Reach (the others are bollucks and matter not) Xbox360 exclusives, especially Reach. Strike 2.

Then, they stopped being on the radar for games period which is kind of a set back, so strike 3.

Activision has its own problems. Up to the early 2000s they were a respectable company, but then turned evil. Everything they PUBLISH is console aimed now and are ported from there, which will make Crysis 2 and Portal 2 fun since they are ports of PC games for a change, and WoW does not count since those are not gamers, they are slaves.

matt87_50

Apr 3, 2009
well seeing as how MS's vision of "supporting PC gaming" is creating a dodgy Steam knock off with an irritating drm system, that sometimes has to be used ON TOP OF steam...
well... they can hardly talk...