Microsoft Twitter-Zings Activision Over PC Gaming

T_ConX

Mar 8, 2010
As spotty as Microsfts support for GfW has been, I'll side with folks who let be collect Gamerscore from the PC version of FO3 over the side that deliberately crippled CoDs PC features so they could charge $15 for a map pack.

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
Activision is Activision-Blizzard. Blizzard. Makers of Warcraft. And Starcraft. And Diablo. So yeah. I think in this case, Microsoft doesn't have much of a leg to stand on, amusingly enough. Go corporate mergers and acquisitions! Victory by default!

LoganN

Jun 24, 2010
Woodsey said:
I guess this means that the guys over at GfW think they're doing a good job then.

Morons.
Sup, dog. I'm just here to let you know that Microsoft is doing plenty for PC gaming, more than the local favorite, Valve. Not only are they bringing Fable 3 to the PC, but they are resurrecting an old franchise as well, Flight Sim LIVE. In addition to that, the folks the used to work at Ensemble, Robot Entertainment, are working on at least one game with Microsoft, with the possibility of one more. The one we know about is called 'Spartan'.

In yet another addition to my previous points, Microsoft is also revamping the GFWL store. More and more games are being consistently added, along with more developers throwing in their support for GFWL. GFWL will be a top competitor to Steam, eventually knocking it off of its throne.

It only makes you look bad when you are uninformed like that.

TheComedown said:
Pebsy said:
doesn't GFWL have like... dawn of war II? at least it has some decent PC games in there. It not perfect but its pretty fun to see a predator tank blow a chaos space marine into fleshy bits. and at least MS is doing something decent, however small, cant say the same for that mw2 s*** that activision decided to f** up
Dawn Of War is steam.

OP. While Activision do have quite a few games out on pc i would not say they support the PC, they just port everything across quickly and cheaply and say fix it yourself once they have your $60.

And until microsoft actually does something i aint going to believe a word they say.

So they are both full of crap unless one of them actually steps up and puts their money were their mouth is sometime soon.
Dawn of War II uses both Steam and GFWL. Steam is only for activation, while GFWL is for all the multiplayer parts and community features, like achievements. As for the rest of your post, read what I said to the other guy.

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
LoganN said:
Sup, dog. I'm just here to let you know that Microsoft is doing plenty for PC gaming, more than the local favorite, Valve. Not only are they bringing Fable 3 to the PC, but they are resurrecting an old franchise as well, Flight Sim LIVE. In addition to that, the folks the used to work at Ensemble, Robot Entertainment, are working on at least one game with Microsoft, with the possibility of one more. The one we know about is called 'Spartan'.

In yet another addition to my previous points, Microsoft is also revamping the GFWL store. More and more games are being consistently added, along with more developers throwing in their support for GFWL. GFWL will be a top competitor to Steam, eventually knocking it off of its throne.

Fable 3, the skipped out on 2, what if you are one of many and like to follow the whole series? To little to late. On top of that, a flight sim, they already have their very niche audience and is generally irrelevant to the larger PC gaming community, and what? 1 maybe 2 more games coming out? so 4 games? if we are lucky and all of a sudden we are supposed to worship Microsoft again?

They wont knock of Steam for a very very long time, steam still has its users and most aint going anywhere soon, Valve didn't fuck off for a few years and say here use this piece of broken shit till we feel like we need your money again.

And all that revamping and stuff? yeah the steam store has been working fine for years, imo again its another matter of too little WAY too late.

LoganN

Jun 24, 2010
TheComedown said:
LoganN said:

Fable 3, the skipped out on 2, what if you are one of many and like to follow the whole series? To little to late. On top of that, a flight sim, they already have their very niche audience and is generally irrelevant to the larger PC gaming community, and what? 1 maybe 2 more games coming out? so 4 games? if we are lucky and all of a sudden we are supposed to worship Microsoft again?

They wont knock of Steam for a very very long time, steam still has its users and most aint going anywhere soon, Valve didn't fuck off for a few years and say here use this piece of broken shit till we feel like need your money again.

And all that revamping and stuff? yeah the steam store has been working fine for years, imo again its another matter of too little WAY too late.
Are you saying you would rather them release nothing and do nothing for the sake of PC gaming?

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
LoganN said:
Are you saying you would rather them release nothing and do nothing for the sake of PC gaming?
No. What I am saying what they are not doing enough and they are doing it too late.
They have taken a step in the right direction, but its not going to be anything big or major that is going to "save" PC gaming(not that it needs saving) and it certainly wont knock steam down, they aren't doing anything that hasn't already been done by Valve/Steam or another distribution service such as impulse.

LoganN

Jun 24, 2010
TheComedown said:
LoganN said:
No. What I am saying what they are not doing enough and they are doing it too late.
They have taken a step in the right direction, but its not going to be anything big or major that is going to "save" PC gaming(not that it needs saving) and it certainly wont knock steam down, they aren't doing anything that hasn't already been done by Valve/Steam or another distribution service such as impulse.
Not doing enough? I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about. DirectX alone is enough to blow that out of the window(s). Sure, they lag behind in the digital distribution field, but they have done more for PC gaming than Valve can ever hope to. The most iconic franchises ever created are because of Microsoft. Age of Empires, Flight Sim, Mechwarrior, ect. Don't forget the free development tools like XNA and Visual Basic. LIVE Anywhere is another step, and that isn't just for PC gaming. It is for social networking overall.

I think you are upset because Microsoft is actually serious about PC gaming again, and that is bad news for Valve.