Microsoft: We Lost Our Way With Recent Halo Games

Norris IV

Aug 25, 2010
imnotparanoid said:
Norris IV said:
Funny how they say they're 2 mistake games are my favorite ones of the series, ODST felt like metroid whereas halo reach had much better characters that didn't seem untouchable
Just wondering how is it like metroid?
Never played metroid so dont yell at me XD

And Reach was my favourite, with ODST/Halo 2 being joint second.
Although Halo 2 was my first xbox game, so it could be nostalgia talking.
It was the atmosphere while playing as rookie, The fact that youare completely alone in a hostile environment brought me back to the days of metroid prime :)

AdumbroDeus

Feb 26, 2010

Whatever microsoft's smoking that makes em think reach wasn't amazing both as a game and commercially, I want some of that ****!

Frankly this also shows how they really lost their way, a major part of the appeal of halo was the fact that you could actually BELIEVE you were master chief. It isn't necessary to actually play master chief to capture that magic, merely an equally compelling protagonist.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
I disagree.
ODST wasn't great, but it was still a decent game.
The fact that Master Chief wasn't in Reach didn't bother me at all, and it was still a very good game.

Volafortis

Oct 7, 2009
I enjoyed all of the Halo games. I'm inclined to disagree. From Combat Evolved, 2, 3, ODST, to Reach, all of them rank among my favored FPS games.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
the only 'miss step' as such with ODST was turning it from an add-onn to a full price retail release, when it had nowhere near the length to justify that price

ServebotFrank

Jul 1, 2010
I think Microsoft should know that Master Chief is boring. This is reminding me of how Capcom is re-releasing Dead Rising 2 with Frank West. That's different however seeing as Frank has a completely different personality and back-story compared to Chuck. Frank also has gameplay differences such as different Martial Arts moves and different ways of attacking with weapons then Chuck does. (Baseball bat comparisons?)

Alucard788

May 1, 2011
I really don't understand the appeal of Master Chief. Really he has no personality at all....and I mean that literally...he has no emotive quality. Hell we cant even see his face so we have no real basis for his emotions or reactions.

He's just a prop to shoot the fancy guns.

I can't see how that is appealing. o_O

May 28, 2012
I love Master Chief he is a cool and iconic character (albeit lifeless hopefully 343 follows their promise to give us more insight into his personality in the new trilogy) but just because he wasn't in ODST or Reach doesn't mean they were bad I mean Reach was the best game in the franchise over all in my opinion (though CE had the best campaign) Halo Wars was pretty fun too (I feel the hate comin)

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Yoru Azenia said:
I love Master Chief he is a cool and iconic character (albeit lifeless hopefully 343 follows their promise to give us more insight into his personality in the new trilogy) but just because he wasn't in ODST or Reach doesn't mean they were bad I mean Reach was the best game in the franchise over all in my opinion (though CE had the best campaign) Halo Wars was pretty fun too (I feel the hate comin)
Dude you have 3 post and two are necros and the other is a warning. Lurk more.

May 28, 2012
TehCookie said:
Yoru Azenia said:
I have 3 posts because I just got here, this was one of the three and its harmlessly stating an opinion so I don't see why you felt the need to respond to this post with that unless my opinion somehow offended you and your trying to invalidate it through that. As for the other two I correcting someone who I thought was in the wrong. If I decide to hang around here and I like the community the number will grow either way I don't see hows its your business.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Yoru Azenia said:
TehCookie said:
Yoru Azenia said:
I have 3 posts because I just got here, this was one of the three and its harmlessly stating an opinion so I don't see why you felt the need to respond to this post with that unless my opinion somehow offended you and your trying to invalidate it through that. As for the other two I correcting someone who I thought was in the wrong. If I decide to hang around here and I like the community the number will grow either way I don't see hows its your business.
You just got here so you don't know that a lot of people don't like others going around necroing threads. Same reason you got a warning for insulting someone. If you lurked at all you would know better. Mods are pretty strict here so you should probably look at the rules if you want to stay here longer. Oh and I don't care about your opinion.

May 28, 2012
TehCookie said:
Yoru Azenia said:
TehCookie said:
Yoru Azenia said:
You just got here so you don't know that a lot of people don't like others going around necroing threads. Same reason you got a warning for insulting someone. If you lurked at all you would know better. Mods are pretty strict here so you should probably look at the rules if you want to stay here longer. Oh and I don't care about your opinion.
Honestly I hope they got a warning as well because they insulted me several times i'm fine with getting the warning because I knew full well the consequences going in but they insulted me a good number of times just in a cleaner way if they didn't that would make the Mods a joke. I haven't had time to look around a lot because I have other hobbies besides posting on forums. Oh and good for you