Microsoft Windows VP Set To Take Control of Xbox One

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
but this whole thing still strikes me as sloppy.
Looking at every product launch Microsoft has had in the last ten years or so that wasn't Windows 7 or the Xbox 360, I'd say sloppy is their middle name.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
They just handed her the biggest PR disaster in Microsoft history and said "Good luck".

Jerks.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Wait... so /she's/ the jackass who designed the ribbon interface? Burn the witch! Burn her, I say! :p

redknightalex

Elusive Paragon
Aug 31, 2012
lacktheknack said:
They just handed her the biggest PR disaster in Microsoft history and said "Good luck".

Jerks.
Kinda what I was thinking. Who is in charge of the Xbox One at this point is meaningless: they've had their PR nightmare and very little will change the minds of consumers at this point. What they can "fix" is the future and what they can do to regain our trust.

That's if she lasts that long and isn't blamed for all of the problems her predecessor created.

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
Dear Gods! This is the twit that is directly responsible for the hideous Office Ribbon System and Windows 8! Who on earth thinks that this will be a good idea? She is like the polar opposite of thoughts like "Fun!" or "Intuitive Control Schemes". Does this woman even know what a Video Game is?

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Angelous Wang said:
It's good they openly advertise this.

So if this generation of Xbox's has a RRoD issue the same as the last (or another Hardware issue), at least the people know who to shout and scream at.

And Microsoft nicely have a patsy to fire.
Beat me to it. I shall note her name, as I'll clearly need to know i for when she, or one of her colleagues inevitably says or does something really, really stupid.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
JokerboyJordan said:
Well we can safely say: At least she didn't work on Windows 8.
Fan-fucking-tastic. Ok, I'm sold. So long as that's the case I don't give a fuck. The Xbone is in much safer hands than I first thought. Still not going to buy one, but hey. I can be happy that someone seemingly competent is in charge now.

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
Jamous said:
JokerboyJordan said:
Fan-fucking-tastic. Ok, I'm sold. So long as that's the case I don't give a fuck. The Xbone is in much safer hands than I first thought. Still not going to buy one, but hey. I can be happy that someone seemingly competent is in charge now.
Bad news bunkie. She was the person in charge of Windows 8.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
Gaming Comunity: It's a Woman, QUCKLY BEAT IT WITH STICKS BEFORE IT MULTIPLIES!

Captcha: Pea Brain. Jesus captcha you as well.

Epicspoon

May 25, 2010
Souplex said:
So they're putting one of the monsters behind Windows 7 in charge?
*Shakes head disapprovingly*
Hey at least she's not the person who thought the Xbone would be a good idea. Literally anyone would be a step up from that. A retarded snail would be a step up from that.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
I thought she was pretty darn young until they mentioned 1993 as the date she joined. Of course, I thought Don looked unusually young too. Heh, when going through that list I find it mildly funny that her involvement skipped Vista and Win8. I wonder why the skip.

A3sir

Mar 25, 2010
sigh. All I want is someone who understands their audience to be put in charge.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
MrHide-Patten said:
Gaming Comunity: It's a Woman, QUCKLY BEAT IT WITH STICKS BEFORE IT MULTIPLIES!

Captcha: Pea Brain. Jesus captcha you as well.
as always, noone ever blames her for beign a woman but for what she did at MS, yet still some white knights come out and moan about us blaming her for beign a woman. i think capcha was right after all.

A3sir said:
sigh. All I want is someone who understands their audience to be put in charge.
It is microsfot we are talking about, what you want would be equal to asking water to be dry.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Well, she certainly has some big shoes to fill?

lol, just kidding. All she has to do is fire the entire previous PR team and she'll do merrily.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
So, we've already called her a fox, a witch, and approved/disapproved of her work credits and shown hope/doubt for her ability to do whatever it is that she getting paid to in theory accomplish.

/thread?

I like windows 7, that is the only thing in Microsoft's entire Curriculum Digitae that hasn't outright sucked in my experience.

Now unless you can show that she personally coded it in her basement and Microsoft loved it so much they bought her out and made her an executive...I fail to see why its even relevant to her new position which is overseeing console hardware brand management if I deciphered her job title correctly.

As previously stated they are basically saying "You seem to have your act together, and no one else wants to touch this job with an ove glove. Good luck!"

Since I can only name one other female in the gaming industry that isn't a voice actress (Leslie Swan) I somehow doubt that any success will suddenly catapult her into becoming a gaming household name. Though I'm convinced that if the Xbone fails epically the blame will be laid at her feet. As previously stated.

It really sucks that Mattrick can essentially jump off a burning ship like that and leave them twisting in the wind (mixed metaphor ><), but at least he has to work at Zynga now.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
So this is the idiot that came up with the terrible UI that I have to use every day at work on office 07? Good to know.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
What M$ really need is a hotshot troubleshooter to fix all the crap thats been thrown (mostly justifyably) at the Xbone and i really hope Ms Larson-Green is that woman. Windows 7 was a great success Windows 8 less so, in general she seems competent but she is being handed quite a poisoned chalice.

Personally, though i currently dont plan on getting an Xbone, i would like her to succeed and turn this burning ship around before it reaches port and explodes.

Raioken18

Dec 18, 2009
I like the Windows 7 UI... and XP was awesome. Frankly it sounds like a good move, though the downside is who will take her place?

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
I dunno what good she will do to steer the Xbone back on track, this is one hot mess I wouldn't have someone else touch with a ten foot pole. All I can say is she's gonna be very sick and tired of hearing this phrase 24/7...

Good luck, lady. You'll need it. ^^;

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
faefrost said:
Jamous said:
JokerboyJordan said:
Bad news bunkie. She was the person in charge of Windows 8.
Why would you do that to me? Just why?