Microsoft: Xbox One Is Perfect For Your Small Business

Outline

Jun 22, 2013
Yeesh. There are neither enough faces nor palms in all the world to respond appropriately to this move. Still, bring on November... I'm keen to see what the figures will say about the idea of selling Xbones to business.

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
When I read this I asked my self why Microsoft would want anyone to buy their sold at cost console if they were not likely to buy games for it. Then I realized, its to have a bigger advertising audience.

Be prepared for lots of ads.

captcha: face the music -I think we all know that means

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
MorphingDragon said:
Yet a small business will already have all of these features available on their existing infrastructure.

I honestly don't know if this is trolling.
Nah, it's just standard marketing. "look at all these things you can do! So what if you can already do it, buy our stuff!"

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Most baffling. Are they trying to push their gaming console into their PC market? I don't see the Xbox One as the most appropriate system for a business to purchase. As interesting as the features are, wouldn't it require a HD (since X1 won't use SD) TV to display those presentations? It doesn't have MS office either so you're not going to make said project on the Xbox One, you'll need to transfer the files. There are cheaper projectors. Heck you can get papers printed or make posters for cheaper. Most small businesses can find other products that can meet their needs. It's not something they should invest in. If this is MS intention for this system, it may not be something gamers should invest in either.

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
why do i get the feeling that in there tos its going to state that everything that's broadcast with a xbox one console is copyright of microsoft.

just making a prediction there.

Zero Serenity

Nov 21, 2009
The profound ignorance is that you can buy a cheap PC and do the same thing.

Anybody know the cost of a good teleconference peice? $50? $60?

No. Be ready to drop $1,000 IF YOU'RE LUCKY. That isn't even including the cost of the computer. So, this is actually much cheaper than buying all the telecommunications hardware alone. I have worked for a company (Bank of New York-Mellon) where this hardware is used and their specific hardware now costs about $3,500 retail. (Polycomm)

Yeah. This actually is appealing.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Can you connect it to a printer? Nope. Then get the fuck out. Small businesses already have a device for all that stuff. It's called a PC. You should know. You make the OS for it.

Sneezeguard

Oct 13, 2010
The prospect of having microsoft office on my games console only depresses me. The xbox one is still a games console right?

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
This seem to fall for the same logic pitfall that has plagued the Xbox One for as long as it has been public. The idea seems to be to make a product that does everything that lots of people do. Lots of people watch TV, lots of people follow sports and do fantasy sports league stuff, lots of people store document digitally, lots of people use voice command and video recording, check, check, check. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have occurred to anyone early in development that although lots of people DO like all of these things, everyone in the price range to buy an Xbox One already has the ability to do each of these things through a service or product that they already own. This all in one mindset has a very fundamental flaw that no one is interested in, for the most part, redundant products unless they are somehow much more convenient, such as the advent of smartphones giving computing, filling, gaming, calling and web browsing power in a portable format.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Alternatively businesses of any kind can just use their existing hardware that they need anyway to function.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
"The Xbox One is perfect for your small business. It'll give people something to laugh at besides you calling yourself an entrepreneur because you sell a few crates of copy paper on the internet."

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
Man, they are seriously pushing this "no guy's it's totally not just a gaming console" thing. It's a little bit pathetic, like they're so embarrassed about having made video game consoles that they want to pretend it's something else.

Anyway, I'm sure all of those small businesses will love how the Xbone was, as MS said, built for advertising. When they get ready for big conference calls they can enjoy all the latest Mountain Dew and Madden 2014 adverts.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well thank god for the 180, heavens knows PCs are something companies really can't afford or know how to use.