Middle-Aged Gamer Assaults Teen Over Black Ops Beatdown

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
o_o ... yeah, totally sane! of course he should be loose in our society.

What's that? lock him up?! ... nha such a bother

MajorDolphin

Apr 26, 2011
Seriously. He shouldn't have choked that poor kid. He should have spanked him. Would have been funnier.

Can "Don't make me pull a Bradford" be a new meme now?

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Is there a free cell in any jail nearby? care to take out some random person whose offense is minor and shove this man in there. That's where he belongs. If you can't handle trash talking online, you should stick to single player games.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
TheBelgianGuy said:
Prof. Monkeypox said:
GiantRaven said:
I'd wager it equally pathetic for a 13 year old to throw insults at a grown man through a videogame.
Eh... No. 13-year-olds are allowed to be stupid (which is good, because they generally are). Assaulting a 13-year-old, on the other hand, when you are old enough to know better and should be aware of how bratty 13-year-olds are is just sad.

Plus, assault is always worse than trash talking.
Maybe if we'd call it "disciplined" instead of "assaulted"... assault is such an ugly word :D
Oh, you kids and your semantics...

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
This story makes me very happy. PSN and XBL are both cesspools full of these little twats. It's good for them to find out what happens when your actions have consequences.

sheah1

Jul 4, 2010
Okay, kid didn't deserve it, the dude had problems, he shouldn't be playing games, it's not the game's fault, yada yada......
Who the hell trash talks an adult who knows your mum?

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Id send the mother to court for neglect for using an 18 rated game as a baby sitter for her 13 year old spawn.

OT there is too much hate for this guy who clearly has problems.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Xanthious said:
This story makes me very happy. PSN and XBL are both cesspools full of these little twats. It's good for them to find out what happens when your actions have consequences.
Right, because a adult male assulting a child is clearly proportional retribution for trash talk.

/snark

OT: Bad parenting as well. The kid is a bit too young, don't ya think?

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
No, you guys need to understand, you do this trash talking and trolling in real life, this is what happens, people abuse the fact that they can't be reached over the internet, and they do what ever they want to get their jollys.

I say good job, and we need to show this to everyone so that people will think twice before talking trash, because that internet tough guy just may be able to get you, and if you wouldn't tempt fate in real life, why should you on the internet?

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
why can,t people act normal online?
BOTH of the are in the wrong
the kid for lack of manners
and the guy for not controlling himself.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
GiantRaven said:
I'd wager it equally pathetic for a 13 year old to throw insults at a grown man through a videogame.
Pathetic yes, equally pathetic, sorry, not by a long shot.

cjbos81

Apr 8, 2009
This is the greatest news I've ever heard.

The greatest news...I've ever heard.

GestaltEsper

Oct 11, 2009
Let me get this straight, going to Facebook Memorial pages to talk shit about the deceased to the grieving family is perfectly alright and within freedom of speech, but apparently talking trash in an online match is grounds for getting your ass kicked?

...Stay classy Escapist.

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
On the one hand, I'm glad the man held his hands up and admitted that it was wrong to assault the kid...

...On the other hand, I'm glad that kid got throttled! Assholes like him deserve a bit of comeuppance occasionally! Plus; why is the kid playing the game in the first place? 18 certificate for a reason! /hypocrisy.

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
FogHornG36 said:
No, you guys need to understand, you do this trash talking and trolling in real life, this is what happens, people abuse the fact that they can't be reached over the internet, and they do what ever they want to get their jollys.

I say good job, and we need to show this to everyone so that people will think twice before talking trash, because that internet tough guy just may be able to get you, and if you wouldn't tempt fate in real life, why should you on the internet?
I was gonna write basically what you said but you wrote it better,so QFT.

nixonsnow

Mar 23, 2011
bit_crusherrr said:
Kid probably deserved it.
Exactly. Not to sound old, but kids these days have 0 respect, and think that they are entitled to do whatever they want. Situations like this are good, to remind kids that this isn't the case. When kids get older, they're going to lip off the wrong person, thinking they'll get away with it, and they're going to get hurt.

Not to say I endorse this, but let it serve as a warning to lippy little bastards out there.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
A 13 year old CoD player screaming while he plays? A walking stereotype! He deserved it. But, couldn't the man simply mute the idiot? If he could, then he deserves a beating for being stupid.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
"He's actually a decent kid," he said.
Sure, anyone's pretty decent when you're choking them like a chicken.

Here's a tip to all you people with rage issues: Mute!