Middle-Aged Gamer Assaults Teen Over Black Ops Beatdown

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
believer258 said:
I'm sorry, but the kid should have shut his motherfucking mouth.

Not that I agree with what this fellow did, not at all. But I hold no sympathy at all for the little shit that got throttled, and his mother should have been paying attention to what he was saying anyway.
pretty much this. he might get off completely if the conversation was recorded and it sounded like the pro ban video

Kingpopadopalus

May 1, 2011
RaikuFA said:
believer258 said:
I'm sorry, but the kid should have shut his motherfucking mouth.

Not that I agree with what this fellow did, not at all. But I hold no sympathy at all for the little shit that got throttled, and his mother should have been paying attention to what he was saying anyway.
pretty much this. he might get off completely if the conversation was recorded and it sounded like the pro ban video
Wrong, pretty much this ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUmJDVRDRTQ&feature=BFa&list=PL03D72B7E3938AEF5&lf=mh_lolz

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
You know, I'm not surprised this happened. 13 year old kids are extremely annoying.

That being said, it's called "mute."

He should have used it.

Raesvelg

Oct 22, 2008
cainx10a said:
Again, where did I say I believe "kids should be free to be as obnoxious and disrespectful as they like". You actually support violence on a KID by an ADULT who is 3x older than him, an Adult with three kids under his charge who cannot control himself, and barge into the house of another family to hurt their kid. This is not about a little brat who deserves a spanking (hell, that would have been funny), but an adult man strangling a child because he couldn't handle comments made in a video game, comments he could have easily ignored with the MUTE feature.
First off, the "kid" was 13. Not 6. By the age of 13, I was bigger than a reasonable percentage of grown men, I'd held down several different jobs, traveled to a different continent, and read more books than many people will read in their lifetimes. This is not an instance of "Well, kids will be kids, and you should just put up with their pesky shenanigans". At the age of 13, he qualifies as a young adult.

Attempting to literally murder the kid would be out of line. Choking someone is a relatively inefficient way of going about that; I admit, I'd have been considerably more approving if he'd just walked in, punched the kid in the mouth, and walked out, but sometimes, I'll take what I can get. If the kid had been 6, sure, a spanking would have been in order.

13 is entirely too old to spank.

Control was missing on all sides of this equation. The man could have controlled his urge to choke the punk out, and the punk could have controlled his urge to talk shit on the internet, and the parents could have controlled their urge to think that putting the fear of pain into their child at an early age qualifies as child abuse.

In a way, I approve of his actions not because they were the "right thing to do", but rather because it was an instance of someone acting out against a set of societal rules that increasingly coddle people who actively abuse the protections that society affords them.

Given my druthers, I'd be ecstatic to see the practice of dueling revived.

AlphaEcho

Jun 16, 2010
Kid is a brat and should not be trash talking.

What guy does was wrong, beats kid over video game.
What man did was wrong, snipes president over movie.

Ban video games.

Atheist.

Overmind
Sep 12, 2008
If only this happened more often, we'd have less annoying children screaming profanities on these games.

TroubleMaker411

Jan 18, 2011
This was an interesting read.
Right up until I read "DAILY MAIL"

All interest, gone.

Slightly more on topic.
This proves a similar point I use about driving. You should be careful who you cut up/inconvenience/swear at, because you never know what kind of psycho you are going to piss off.

I love how, when the daily mail are ragging on the guy who attacked a 13 year old kid, call of duty "carries an 18 guidance certificate"
However, if it was the other way around, you know full well that it would read "call of duty carries a legally binding 18 certificate and this childs mother should not have allowed him to play it"

Interesting and possibly informative news article losing all it's credibility by being published by the daily mail.

Fuck you Daily Mail. Fuck you up your stupid asses!

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
A 13-year-old boy Black Ops

I just had to bring up those two parts... Because I'll bet they get outright ignored.

Why was a 13 year old playing Black Ops?

Also, the mother's quote "if you can't handle losing to a child, you shouldn't be playing games?", the fact that NO child should be playing Black Ops is tragically lost here.

weker

May 27, 2009
I know one thing that won't get mentioned by the news THE KID IS PLAYING A 18 RATED GAME, I always hate articles like this that try point at video games, and say they cause violence.
The kid was on a game he shouldn't have been on and to further bait the guy only make me say "serves the kid right" I doubt that he wasn't giving shit at all as bradford said he was baiting and the kid is most likely trying to play all out victim.

Eccentric_Jon

Jun 20, 2010
Kid shouldn't be playing Black Ops, he's only 13. Everything else is a by-product, and therefore moot. Also, I hate those kids who get cocky when they get a kill.

That said, the guy needs a padded room. That S**t isn't normal!

I hate how this will reflect badly on games & gamers, rather than on the imbeciles who take them too seriously, or let mentally ill/under the age rating play them.
All because of the news, and how it portrays these situations.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Jakub324 said:
Does he know there's a mute function? Does he know his headset isn't sewn to his head? Does he know CoD's ONLY A GAME?
I get royally annoyed when people trash me, especially in the rare cases they're beating me! Whether it be Halo or CoD or BF etc. etc. But I just mute after a while or better yet, quit out to a new group.

CoD: BO & MW2 are really, really poor games as a whole. The devs host no servers, went through little testing, pumped each out in less than a year, do little maintenance on the game post-launch and only ever mention the community when a new map pack or CoD is due for launch.

The games have now become truly awful and every single one of you buying MW3 are being played at by the money-game. They're borderline rogue traders. Tricking you with this "new product" that barely differs from the previous, but cost the same/more. I honestly could spend hours composing a boring report, or make a good hour long film on how CoD barely changes overall each game despite looking different each time (here's a good reference, ever changes the layout/look of your desktop colours, fonts etc?). Sometimes they even try to sell their game with features it doesn't even have!

*cough* "Dedicated" sniper lobbies *cough* is a good one to start with, my brother almost screamed with joy when he heared IW mention this. then I had to explain that what he said actually translates to a playlist of TDM/SnD with snipers. therefore the "lobby" is dedicated to snipers, not this "dedicated lobby" we'd all assume as being a multiplayer server.

Do the world a favour, die-hard CoD fans, try a different game. You'd be surprised how much different and fun some of the other genres are...

Rage over.

Salvatore Notarmaso

May 9, 2010
Funny, even though this was wrong and charges were pressed. How many times I have seen fights break out on basketball courts and back yard foot ball games, with the same demographics in play.

Valdus

Apr 7, 2011
Hard to feel sympathetic for the kid. Every time some whiny kid shouts down the head-phones at me I'm wishing someone would strangle him. Kid's like that need to learn that their actions have consquences.

LiftYourSkinnyFists

Aug 15, 2009
Kid probably sucks at the game was carried by his team, the man reserved every right to do it... now understand children this what happens when attempting to troll somebody who lives near to you.

CoDzombieDude

Apr 23, 2010
I'm reminded of the fable of the Tortoise and The Hare from Scrubs:

There was once a race between a tortoise and the hare. Now the hare kept jumping out in front of the tortoise so, I'm sure you remember who it goes... The tortoise bit clean through the hare, and then all the other tortoises devoured the hare right there on the race track.

UBERfionn

Jun 7, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
"If you can't handle losing to a child then you shouldn't be playing games."
Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't COD: Black Ops an 18's game?
Lady don't let your son play a game that was not suited to his age.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
So if a guy was calling you repeatedly and badmouthing you, would you be wrong for going around and punching him in the head? Hell no. Why should YOU have to turn off your phone?

It's the same here. Why should the guy have had to mute the kid? Why should he have had to put the game down? Why should he have had to take off the headset? Why couldn't the kid just shut the fuck up? I don't think we have a full story. We're told he has mental problems - can somebody specify what kind of mental problems? We're told the kid trash-talked him. For how long? Did the guy leave the game and the kid send him messages? If I know my mouthy little shits, and I think I do, then this is most likely the case.

People will love to say "You can't just hit people for saying things to you."
I love to ask "Why the fuck not?"

Okay, so a friend makes a bad joke. Don't punch him in the mouth. So a stranger shouts at you from across the road. You're well within your rights to go over and gut punch him. This whole anti-violence culture is offensive. I'm not a violent person, but I don't see why I should have to listen to people talking shit. It's not that easy to block out. Not if it's persistent. And if you don't fight back, or can't, then other people join in. I would feel bad if the kid was actually hurt, and I'm ashamed that the parent couldn't put some bloody manners into the shit, but hopefully now he'll learn to behave like a decent human being.

And don't give me this shit about 13-year old kids being intrinsically annoying. That's like saying that everybody between 17 and 21 drinks, smokes, and mugs pensioners. My brothers were raised with a quick smack to the head whenever they started going over the top. Or waking me at 9am by shouting at the screen.

kwagamon

Jun 24, 2010
Is it bad that knowing this kid was a smack-talking 13-year-old kid makes me instantly lose all sympathy for him? I mean, had the kid died, which he didn't, THEN I would've had sympathy. But as is all that happened was he got manhandled as a direct result oh his being a douche, so every fiber of my being is actually a little happy about it.