Middle-Aged Gamer Assaults Teen Over Black Ops Beatdown

-|-

Aug 28, 2010
10 pages of immature teenagers acting all tough and saying a 13yo boy deserved to get a beating from an adult because he said something "offensive" whilst playing a video game. Respect for escapist community drops several levels.

luke kozlowski

May 17, 2008
"He was baiting me and baiting me and just would not shut up,"

mute button anyone?

i usually mute everyone as i join the game. mainly cuz i play like an asshole.

albear

May 18, 2009
I find this immensly funny and especially at the daily mail quote making the kid seem all innocent, balls to that :D

if he was a loosly connected friend of the family i would have though a well timed mum joke would have been appropriate to make it all the more personal :D

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
At least the kid wasn't tea-bagged. That'd probably far harder to explain...

I suspect that the guy will get some community service for his little act of misguided rage. Restraining order and some rehab at worst. 'Tis just conjecture though.

r0binh00d

Jun 28, 2009
just wanted to point out that the Daily Mail (or Daily Fail) is our equivelant of Fox News.

Just so you know ;)

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Considering this scenario to be true, I think all three of them got what they deserve. (Yes the neglecting and uncaring mother too) Well done, good job everyone!

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
bit_crusherrr said:
Kid probably deserved it.
???
Words mean nothing, But being so psychologically messed up to the point where you TRACK PEOPLE DOWN JUST TO ASSAULT THEM- That's a fucking problem. Regardless if the kid deserved it or not.
I'm not saying video games do this to you, I'm saying someone should put that guy in a mental institute.

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
Because it's soooo difficult to just simply change servers/game lobbies.

Kid shouldn't even have the game for starters and rightfully deserved a good smack to the head for being a prick, but not a throttling.

Old man shouldn't have flipped out over a stupid kid yelling down the line. Mutes exist for this reason.

And chances are the media is going to jump all over this like hobos with a piece of food claiming Video Games cause violence and shit.

mfeff

Nov 8, 2010
What do people expect from the COD community?
http://bf3blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/cod.gif

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Kid shouldn't have been constantly taunting him.

Older guy shouldn't have lost his shit, and when he did, he sure as hell shouldn't have decided a visit was in order, as that's way past 'heat of the moment'.

However, no real damage done, apology accepted, and they're even playing each other again.

It's pretty much a step up from punching your mate in the leg for getting a kill streak. (As I'm thinking throttled is probably an extreme term, probably grabbed him by the neck for a couple of a seconds then came to his senses.)

As has been repeated tho, it's the Daily Mail, so 'vidya games are evil'. who'da thunk it?

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
While reading the news post, I couldn't take this image off my head.

I can't take this news seriously, sorry for not commenting something more intelligent.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
"Apologize now and I will let this go, however if you do not apologize then I must warn you, I have a very special set of skills and I will find you."
"Suckit, Noobzor!"
*click*

FaceFaceFace

Nov 18, 2009
If the mom hadn't stopped him and the man had killed the kid, would you all still be supporting him? He didn't just go over to backhand him, he CHOKED him.
GestaltEsper said:
Let me get this straight, going to Facebook Memorial pages to talk shit about the deceased to the grieving family is perfectly alright and within freedom of speech, but apparently talking trash in an online match is grounds for getting your ass kicked?

...Stay classy Escapist.
This. And also what the guy who got warned for the other post said. Someone talks smack in a video game, kill them. Someone torments a dead girl's family, it's the internet man grow thicker skin. It's like you people are the Joker or something.

Grospoliner

Feb 16, 2010
"It's pathetic that a grown man would attack a defenseless child like this," his mother added. "If you can't handle losing to a child then you shouldn't be playing games."

A tenner says the woman is a hypocrite who yells and screams in rage just like any other mother. If she's ever spanked her kid (well if she did maybe the little snot would be better mannered and wouldn't go around trash talking people) in anger then she's a self-righteous twit that doesn't have a single right to complain.

Cause the brat sure doesn't.

Rabid Chipmunk

Nov 11, 2010
There's definitely something very, very wrong with attacking a 13 year-old because he was being a dickhead on CoD. Now, with that said, I want to shake Mr. Bradford's hand.

No, I can't take this story seriously, as a matter of fact.