Mighty No. 9 Confirmed For PS4, Xbox One, 3DS And Vita

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Mighty No. 9 Confirmed For PS4, Xbox One, 3DS And Vita

Fans have pledged in droves during the final hours of Mighty No. 9's Kickstarter, smashing through several stretch goals.

In the final day of Mighty No. 9's Kickstarter, fans have pledged in droves to smash through two very important stretch goals: PS4 + Xbox One versions, and 3DS + Vita versions. That's right, Keiji Inafune's Mega Man spiritual successor is now coming to every current and next-gen console and hand-held (with the exception of the Wii).

When the Kickstarter for Mighty No. 9 was first announced [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127371-Update-Mega-Man-Creator-Kickstarts-Mighty-No-9], fans threw money at their computer screens as hard as they could, smashing through stretch goals so fast, the developers had to add several new ones. Unfortunately, the pledges slowed from a gushing hose to a dripping tap, and it seemed that the next-gen stretch goals would not be reached before the end of the campaign.

But contrary to what Capcom may believe, people apparently really like Mega Man! So much that Mighty No. 9 has become the 3rd most-funded Kickstarter video game in history. Two new goals have been added in order to satisfy the insatiable appetite of Keiji Inafune fans: a Retro Chip-Tune style soundtrack at $3,800,000, and an online battle race mode at $4,000,000.

Earlier, the team announced that they would be going with the Unreal Engine 3 for the game, and produced a short 13 second engine test [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128308-Mighty-No-9s-First-In-Game-Footage] of what the game could potentially look like.

As of writing, you have but 10 hours to contribute to the game's Kickstarter [http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts]. The team is aiming for a November 2014 release date, at least for the PC version of the game.

Source: Kickstarter [http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts]

CTYR

Mar 25, 2012
WE DID IT!
WE HAVE DESTROYED ALL MISCONCEPTIONS OF DOUBT IN THE GENRES OF OLD AND BROUGHT ABOUT THE NEW TIMES!
WE ARE THE MIGHTY NUMBERS!
YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

(In all seriousness, I am so happy that this project has succeeded in such an astounding way. I hope that more people will look upon old games and bring back some of their concepts and try to use new ideas with them like how Inafune wishes. Can't wait November 2014, guys~!)

Zer0Saber

Aug 20, 2008
going to be on my vita WOOOOOOOOOOOOT. Can't wait. Maybe Capcom will beg for forgiveness and ask him to come back.......if they don't try to sue him.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Sweet, this game will eventually find its way to my psvita. Strangely, I find platformers more enjoyable on vita than on home console.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Hooray!
Two things though:
1. Why wasn't the 3DS the first thing they made it for? The 3DS audience loves this kind of thing.
2. What's the most backed kickstarter ever?

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
I would be getting concerned at this point. As in, very concerned. Yes, it has a budget of 3.3 million now, but how much of this can wait until after the intended game is complete?

Demand that they get the base game done first on one platform, and then afterwards they can move on to other platforms. Trying to develop them all simultaneously will drain their funds faster than they think; you may not want it on PC, but if you can be patient with later releases to consoles and handhelds (if it reaches that goal), this game might actually be able to be completed without a hitch.

Ultimatecalibur

Sep 26, 2010
Souplex said:
2. What's the most backed kickstarter ever?
The Pebble smartphone watch with 68,928 backers for $10.2 million. (~$150 per backer)

In comparison the current top 3 video game Kickstarters are:

Torment: ToN with 74,405 backers for $4.18 million. (~$56 per backer)
Project Eternity with 73,986 backers for $3.98 million. (~$53 per backer)
Double Fine Adventure with 87,142 backers for $3.33 million. (~$38 per backer)

Current Mighty no. 9 has 60009 backers for $3.44 million (~$57 per backer) plus an addition $135 thousand from paypal donations.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
This makes me very excited.

I will eagerly await for this game to be on the eshop.

I will buy it along with Gunman Clive, and Dillon's Rolling Western 1 and 2 when I have the money.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Well now we have to wait...for 18 months. Better than no release dates I guess.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
Souplex said:
Hooray!
Two things though:
1. Why wasn't the 3DS the first thing they made it for? The 3DS audience loves this kind of thing.
Probably licensing costs. Still, despite owning a PC, I'm buying this for the 3DS. Just seems like a better fit.

Apr 28, 2008
I was hoping one of the stretch goals would be Keiji Inafune photo-copying his but and sending all the copies to Capcom.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
This game will definitely be a lauch day buy for me to make up for not backing the kickstarter (no offence but I just don't donate to any kickstarter in general).

jaymiechan

Jun 27, 2012
Adding in Paypal funds (that haven't been updated in 9 hours), only 7K away from the Single Player Call stretch. @_@

Alfredo Jones

Jul 1, 2013
jaymiechan said:
Adding in Paypal funds (that haven't been updated in 9 hours), only 7K away from the Single Player Call stretch. @_@
Update on that: Single Player Call stage has been reached! That pretty much does it for all the stretch goals I've been hoping for, though it would be awesome if we could hit at least the retro soundtrack before things wrap up.

I'm looking forward to the wrap-up livestream to see the top three from the Call's design poll. I know Calls E and F are pretty much set but I'm not sure what the third one will be.

In other news, reports have come in of a flood of tears and the sounds of cursing coming from Capcom HQ.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
the campaign has finished

the final count has exceeded 4 million dollars

jesus christ

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
I put $20 into it, a small amount, but enough to get the game when it comes out. I just hope they manage their funds well, I know the goup is experienced as devs, we'll see if they know how to properly take care of the cash too.

Legiondude

Jan 21, 2012
Ultimatecalibur said:
In comparison the current top 3 video game Kickstarters are:

Torment: ToN with 74,405 backers for $4.18 million. (~$56 per backer)
Project Eternity with 73,986 backers for $3.98 million. (~$53 per backer)
Double Fine Adventure with 87,142 backers for $3.33 million. (~$38 per backer)

Current Mighty no. 9 has 60009 backers for $3.44 million (~$57 per backer) plus an addition $135 thousand from paypal donations.
It's now around 4.03 million total