Militia Plot to Kidnap Michigan Governor and Overthrow Government

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
"Charged in the U.S. District Court in the western district of Michigan are: Adam Fox, Barry Croft, Ty Garbin, Kaleb Franks, Daniel Harris, and Brandon Caserta, according to a criminal complaint. They are charged with conspiracy to commit kidnapping, according to the complaint.

All are residents of Michigan except Croft, who is a resident of Delaware, the complaint alleges.

More than a dozen people from several states met in Dublin, Ohio on June 6 and talked about creating a society that followed the U.S. Bill of Rights, in which they could be self-sufficient. After that meeting, a militia group in Michigan was contacted.

The FBI used confidential informants as part of the investigation and has paid one of them more than $14,000, according to the affidavit.

On July 18, at a meeting in Ohio that was secretly audio recorded, Garbin suggested shooting up the governor's vacation home, which he said he would prefer over trying to go to the Capitol in Lansing.

Fox said the best opportunity to abduct Whitmer would be when she was arriving at, or leaving, either her personal vacation home or the governor’s official summer residence on Mackinac Island, according to the affidavit.

Fox described the plans as, "Snatch and grab, man. Grab the f----n governor. Just grab the b----. Because at that point, we do that dude, it's over."

Once kidnapped, Whitmer would be moved to a "secure location" in Wisconsin, for "trial," according to the affidavit."

"Members of a militia group purchased weapons, conducted surveillance, and held training and planning meetings, but were foiled in part because the FBI was able to infiltrate the group with informants, according to charges officials planned to detail Thursday.

The FBI became aware early in 2020, through social media, that a militia group was "discussing the violent overthrow of certain government and law enforcement components," and "agreed to take violent action," according to a sworn affidavit.

Members of the group talked about "murdering ... tyrants" or "taking" a sitting governor, according to the affidavit. One of the relevant meetings the FBI monitored was held June 20 in Grand Rapids. the affidavit alleges. Another meeting was held at a home in Luther, Mich., and in Munith.

Discussions included using 200 men to "storm" the Capitol Building in Lansing, kidnap hostages, including, Whitmer and try the governor for treason, according to the affidavit.

The group met for field exercises and training this year and conducted surveillance of the the governor's vacation home on at least two occasions in late August and September, the affidavit alleges. They also purchased an 800,000-volt Taser and night goggles for use in the kidnapping plot, according to court records. Members of the plot said they wanted to complete the kidnapping before the Nov. 3 election, according to the affidavit."

Pretty much what I was worried about Militias doing by targeting Democratic officials. Hopefully they will be able knock out more of these groups before they are able to hurt anyone.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
But I'm overreacting when I say Conservatives are getting ready to go to war. I'm the one whose gone too far for suggesting it.
Lets hope this was the only cell of terrorists.

Reactions: Buyetyen

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Not the first time right wing crazies have been caught planning something like this.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Not the first time right wing crazies have been caught planning something like this.
And it won't be the last before the election, I'm afraid. Trump has been calling on his followers to commit violence in his name ever since the polls started showing him losing. Since the American right's only guiding principle is, "Win, no matter the cost," expect more of this shit to bubble to the surface in the next few weeks.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
I'm afraid it will become the point where Republicans will have to face the labels hoisted upon them by the fringes of their community.

As Known As: What their mainstream representation have been trying to do for every other political and cultural body that is not them.

This is also the line in the sand. Until anyone uncovers and arrests Antifa members doing the exact same thing, Right-Wing terrorists have become the most serious worry in the United States. Far outstripping even Islamic Terrorists.

Why? Those very, very few Terrorists who do want to kill Americans will want to do it out of a misguided idea that hurting and killing Americans will change mindsets and make us Cower.

These Right wing extremists are actively trying to remove parts of democratically elected representatives and government officials.

This is NOTHING compared to what you might think Antifa is doing. This is real. This happened. You have speculation, we have action.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
I'm afraid it will become the point where Republicans will have to face the labels hoisted upon them by the fringes of their community.

As Known As: What their mainstream representation have been trying to do for every other political and cultural body that is not them.

This is also the line in the sand. Until anyone uncovers and arrests Antifa members doing the exact same thing, Right-Wing terrorists have become the most serious worry in the United States. Far outstripping even Islamic Terrorists.

Why? Those very, very few Terrorists who do want to kill Americans will want to do it out of a misguided idea that hurting and killing Americans will change mindsets and make us Cower.

These Right wing extremists are actively trying to remove parts of democratically elected representatives and government officials.

This is NOTHING compared to what you might think Antifa is doing. This is real. This happened. You have speculation, we have action.
Hey look, thre were good and bad people on both sides of this fbi sting operation.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Well yeah but these are white conservatives. Its not terrorism and treason when they do it, its patriotism and that rebellious American spirit.

Can you imagine what would have happened if some Panthers were caught plotting to kidnap the governor of Alabama? There would be marshal law, Trump could cancel the election, Democrats would be labeled a terrorist group and the military would be deployed, black season would be open again...

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Can you imagine what would have happened if some Panthers were caught plotting to kidnap the governor of Alabama? There would be marshal law, Trump could cancel the election, Democrats would be labeled a terrorist group and the military would be deployed, black season would be open again...
Hey look, thre were good and bad people on both sides of this fbi sting operation.
Speaking of the FBI...

Beginning in 1969, leaders of the Black Panther Party were targeted by the COINTELPRO and "neutralized" by being assassinated, imprisoned, publicly humiliated or falsely charged with crimes. Some of the Black Panthers affected included Fred Hampton, Mark Clark, Zayd Shakur, Geronimo Pratt, Mumia Abu-Jamal,[18] and Marshall Conway. Common tactics used by COINTELPRO were perjury, witness harassment, witness intimidation, and withholding of evidence.[19][20][21]

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Oh so Conservatives do have a long history of illegally trying to sabotage, violate and assassinate liberal/progressive/civil rights groups.
I mean I always suspected but its good to know regardless.
The FBI are conservatives?

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Oh so Conservatives do have a long history of illegally trying to sabotage, violate and assassinate liberal/progressive/civil rights groups.
I mean I always suspected but its good to know regardless.
You’ve as little right to claim the Panthers as Houseman does. I hesitate to do so given I’m white, but at least I’m a Marxist.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
You’ve as little right to claim the Panthers as Houseman does. I hesitate to do so given I’m white, but at least I’m a Marxist.
Can a noted black revolutionary such as myself give Cultural Appropriation Passes, or will it suffice to hand wave Sanctify you all with the Power my Melanin Count endows me?

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I dont think its a push of history to say the Panthers are not a far-right militant group
You had liberal in there.
Can a noted black revolutionary such as myself give Cultural Appropriation Passes, or will it suffice to hand wave Sanctify you all with the Power my Melanin Count endows me?
Bro I’m just saying calling the fucking Panthers libs is insulting. Fight the state until it kills you and fifty years later they’ll give you a stamp and say you were one of the good ones.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
You had liberal in there.

Bro I’m just saying calling the fucking Panthers libs is insulting. Fight the state until it kills you and fifty years later they’ll give you a stamp and say you were one of the good ones.
People often tend to confuse what the word "Liberal" means:
lib·er·al
  1. open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values.
    "they have more liberal views toward marriage and divorce than some people"
      • (in a political context) favoring maximum individual liberty in political and social reform.
        "a liberal democratic state"