Militia Plot to Kidnap Michigan Governor and Overthrow Government

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I didn't say I didn't care for them, I 100% agree with them defending themselves. I just don't think they can get very far with violent revolution, and they didn't. That isn't saying I don't care for them, it is I see they are out gunned and I don't want the to lose their lives needlessly and still not accomplish their goals. You are drawing inaccurate conclusions. The end goals should be to be alive AND accomplish your goals. I am not seeing that leads to either.
Yeah, I think you want to read up on Feminists from when they were abandoned by men in the 1830s leading WW1. Include some British ones too.

They deliberately formed violent militia to get their idea across. Because they knew that being nice about it gets you no where

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
What the fuck happened to this thread? Its all over the place.

I feel like I should hijack it with something.
720487__safe_solo_pinkie+pie_animated_upvotes+galore_simple+background_transparent+background_...gif

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Soooo......working as intended for the escapist?
Yeah kinda seems like it. Like I finally catch up with it and a few hours later there are 4 new pages and the argument has gone to mars.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I am worried though that groups like that 22,000+ member militia here in Texas and their Rhetoric on preparing for war on "Urban Liberals" to stop the " Green new deal" very well may have plans for the election if things don't got their way as well. Not just this group, but the many that have popped up in recent years working together.

" When I asked Rhodes and other people on the militant right to name concerns beyond gun rights, they mentioned how history is taught in schools, or how the Green New Deal would threaten land use, agriculture, single-family homes. They stressed that America is a republic, not a democracy. Liberals, Rhodes told me, want to see “a narrow majority trampling on our rights. The only way to do that is to disarm us first.” "

Oh and Revnak, even these guys see liberals as the progressives BTW. Most do here in Texas. Bill Clinton was viewed as a Southern Democrat here in the south, a Conservative, not a Liberal. Here they view Liberal= progressives=Green New Deal.
These militia guys sound like this guy, but dumber than him. Even he would nor be fooled that easily by Trump's bullshit.

Their philosophy nearly matches the lyrics in this song.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I feel like I should hijack it with something.
I've been trying to keep it focused, but certain people are full of idiotic pride wanting to ignore obvious problems, make excsues, like to suck the president's dick, or downplay terrorism. If I have to do it by myself, I will keep this thread on fucking point! Especially when miliant assholes want to harm people in MY! HOME! STATE!

Tireseas

Plaguegirl
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Seattle
Country
United States
Yeah kinda seems like it. Like I finally catch up with it and a few hours later there are 4 new pages and the argument has gone to mars.
To be fair, this thing went off topic on page 1, which is faster than even most Current Event Topics.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Especially when miliant assholes want to harm people in MY! HOME! STATE!
I wonder how that feels.
To be less snarky, go find a group that will stand by you and yours. Hopefully that wants a world worth surviving for. Get a first aid kit. Start going out with like-minded people and yelling about these problems. Get a gun if you think it’s safe for you and learn to use it (this is the lowest priority). Keep your ear to the ground, these guys will come back. Since you’re in Michigan, get packed to get the hell out of dodge on Election Day, and vote early enough that you can avoid polling places on the same day. I’d avoid government buildings for the week around Election Day too. Not saying to not vote (the only political activity less meaningful than voting in the US is not voting in the US), just saying that appears to be the target at the moment.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Well, we had some people desperate to distract from the fact that the man they helped elect President is telling terrorists to kill those of us who didn't elect him, and we had some people using the ol' "a pox on both their houses" argument to cajole people into revolution.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well, we had some people desperate to distract from the fact that the man they helped elect President is telling terrorists to kill those of us who didn't elect him, and we had some people using the ol' "a pox on both their houses" argument to cajole people into revolution.
Showing themselves like the true cowards they are. That is why you do not put a b$tch-in-the-boxstand power. You will live to regret it rather you admit or not.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I really do despise the use of the "both sides" arguments.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Because you're perfectly fine with how America was going during Clinton and Obama?
During Clinton I was a teenager so I gave very few fucks about politics other then not liking republicans since they were jackasses. During the start of Obama's pres I was so burned out on politics from the shitshow that was Bush Jr that I stopped paying much attention outside of the bigger things such as the aca, at least till the first midterm. And generally things ran pretty decently during both Clinton and Obama, republicans seem to like to make things much more... interesting.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
CNN has a very interesting point.

Where is the Law and Order President who promised swift punishment to protesters who dared to not be civil as more deaths were swept under the rug... People planned an armed kidnapping of an elected official. Where are the proclamations of Force? Where are the calls for the police "not to be gentle" with them?

Why, it seems like the President only calls for violence when it will hurt people not aligned with his political beliefs...

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

Where is the Law and Order President who promised swift punishment to protesters who dared to not be civil as more deaths were swept under the rug... People planned an armed kidnapping of an elected official. Where are the proclamations of Force? Where are the calls for the police "not to be gentle" with them?

Why, it seems like the President only calls for violence when it will hurt people not aligned with his political beliefs...
I would hope they wouldn't make too much about this to trump since I would expect him to tell the doj to go easy on these guys or pardon them.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020

They were arrested so doesn't that mean that Law and Order is being provided?
What do you want? For them to be arrested twice?

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
They were arrested so doesn't that mean that Law and Order is being provided?
What do you want? For them to be arrested twice?
The point hes making is this is kind of like when that black guy was shot after he told the cop who pulled him over that he had a conceal to carry license and a firearm. Then the cop freaked out and shot him like 11 times in front of his wife and daughter. While this was a clear case of a police officer infringing on someones second amendment (among other things), the NRA was very silent about it. Its the hypocrisy of a group only going after something when it suites them.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
You can reply to me, and I’m sorry I called this happening a while ago and realized there’s no time to “vote” this problem away. Oh, and I am still fucking voting for Biden.

Edit: honestly, just fucking quote me rather than trying to passive aggress.