Miller talking more about next Mad Max being a Furiosa prequel

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I'd say he is more like Clint Eastwood's "Man with No Name". The story itself revolves around others (like the town needing to escape the bad guys in Mad Max 2) but it is Max (and Clint) that is central to the action of achieving that aim. Yes, there are other strong characters in those earlier movies, but I'd argue Max was far more central then than in Fury Road, which I did like very much. I just really need much more Max.
That would result in a different story though. Max has the appropriate amount of presence that the story needs of him in Fury Road. In Mad Max 2 the people Max helps aren't really the toughest - the contrast between Humongous' pack of killers and Papa Gallo's community is pretty stark - so Max ends up doing most of the legwork. In Fury Road most of the characters are a lot more battle hardend, and there's a greater sense of war, and because of that Max doesn't feel like the one true badass. But even then, he's a major drive throughout Fury Road - the wild card that sets a lot in motion - and is pretty much the star of the climax.

Reactions: gorfias

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
To that idea I’ll have to echo an infamously franchise-specific speech from an actual “sequel”

I’m more interested in her doing an Atomic Blonde>John Wick crossover. Apparently they’ve worked well together in the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
To that idea I’ll have to echo an infamously franchise-specific speech from an actual “sequel”

I’m more interested in her doing an Atomic Blonde>John Wick crossover. Apparently they’ve worked well together in the past.
I heard about that idea just after seeing the film. Apparently it's supposed to be more of a master-student relation from what I heard. Lorraine as a master, and Wick as the student.