Minecraft and the Escapist

SteewpidZombie

Dec 31, 2010
Puzzlenaut said:
SteewpidZombie said:
Minecraft isn't a game considering it's still in BETA...and it's just a ripped off idea...and it's the only game Mojang has ever worked on...so remind me?...what qualifies Mojang to even BE in this tournament?

Like honestly...if anything Bioware DESERVES to win. Considering it is technically the ONLY game developer left in the tournament, and it has made like 100% more games then Mojang, plus Bioware makes 'GOOD' and 'Industry Changing' advancements to the trade. I bet voice acting in RPG games would've NEVER been where it currently is today if Bioware hadn't done so well, and the whole 'Dialogue choices being VOICED!' is KICK ARSE when you consider games like Oblivion, Fallout 3, and pretty much any other RPG still has you choosing text and then letting the NPC respond.
But god, the male shepherd voice was awwwwwwwwful: It got to the point where I was forced to spend 12 hours roleplaying as a woman to avoid it lol

But for the most part, I agree, Mojang has made ONE game. One very good game, but still, one game.
I don't think Bioware deserve to win particularly, but they are more worthy of the top-spot than Mojang.
Yeah my point wasn't that Bioware SHOULD win the tournament based on being the best, but rather that Bioware has made some huge contributions to the industry (Alongside companies like Valve and Blizzard) while Mojang hasn't proven themselves to be a competent developer. If anything, Mojang is more of a 'Indie' developer that is in the process of transitioning into completing it's first game. Thus Bioware 'Technically' should win.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
it was big on /v/ waaaaay before it was here.

A similar thread on 4chan has discussed the same, asking people if 4chan was responsible for Minecraft's popularity.

The answer is still no.

Cheesepower5

Dec 21, 2009
Everyone where I live who plays lots of games plays Minecraft, myself, two WoW addicts and the people who stick to CoD excluded.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
I got it today, I really like it. It's addictive! I like to just put it on Peaceful and have fun building things.