Minecraft Explained Through Accidental Arson

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Xzi said:
Just goes to show you that some of the best games need the least advanced graphics to thrive. Looks fun as hell. Can't wait to give it a try when the website is back up.
Noooo! I tried it once. I lost days to it. It took being banned from my favourite server to get me to go and eat something!

kingmob

Jan 20, 2010
Xzi said:
Fenring said:
I need to get around to joining a server, all the cool stuff happens there.

Also, it seems no one has posted the best trailer so far.

Just goes to show you that some of the best games need the least advanced graphics to thrive. Looks fun as hell. Can't wait to give it a try when the website is back up.
Now imagine this game with good graphics...

minus_273c

Knackered Old Shit
Nov 21, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
That's really quite upsetting seeing all the work destroyed. Can you save in Minecraft? I doubt it somehow.
You can save when you exit basically (or hit escape). This means that if t happens, it really happens and you have to live with it. If you die you can respawn, but without the stuff you were carrying, which means you need to go and get it, which might be a bloody long journey sometimes.

You (at least I) spend the nights mining, and the days working outside.

Best E10 I've spent in a long time. Great fun,

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
It would be an Irishman that burned his own house down. xD

Though oddly, doesn't seem like alcohol was involved.

Mantonio

Apr 15, 2009
I saw what he did wrong. He built the fireplace fine, but the bit where he put the log had no stone underneath it.

So he was lighting a log on fire ON A WOOD FLOOR.

zwober

Nov 20, 2009
so, building houses out of stone was a good choice for me then `?
Havent tried multi yet, but im enjoying my current house.
the funny thing is, i have zombies in my basement, but what im really afraid of
is herobrine.

the thought of him having built some weird structure on the map makes me.. worried.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
I dug deeper and deeper and then fell out of the map and died 0_O

EDIT: Now on about my 5th attempt. Finally survived a few nights...made a mini castle. This game is so addictive.

Wait...I missed lunch. I've been playing this all afternoon 0_O Damn.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
Fenring said:
I need to get around to joining a server, all the cool stuff happens there.

Also, it seems no one has posted the best trailer so far.

oooooo what exactly is at the bottem? I just started playing it today, and the deeper i get, the more weird noises and music keeps playing? explanation please?

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
been playin this game for a few days now, and I really feel for him. That house = MANY HOURS OF WORK.

Still, funny as hell though.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
tombman888 said:
oooooo what exactly is at the bottem? I just started playing it today, and the deeper i get, the more weird noises and music keeps playing? explanation please?

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
I'm trying to decide what portion of Persson's 700k came from the fan-made trailer that Fenring posted. Maybe, 10 people?

Can I still get Minecraft for 10 dollars?

Amnestic said:
tombman888 said:
I would not be surprised.

chaos order

Jan 27, 2010
i just started playin it and unfortunately i lack the creativity to make anything fancy. lol so far i only got a "bunker" like shelter that i made with what i thought were bricks, but it turned out to be half steps (meh they work just as well)

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
Xzi said:
It's having a free weekend while the servers are down. If you get the exe, you don't enter any account info or something like that and you'll be able to play for free; however, I think the sound files are removed because so many people were dl'ing it.

tombman888 said:
He went too deep without placing any torches, so a zombie spawned in a dark part of his mine. Mobs will spawn in any dark area, so lighting things is important.