Minecraft Explained Through Accidental Arson

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
ma55ter_fett said:
So what is the purpose of this game?

What do you do in it?
Would appear from the trailer doodle....Survive...so like a single playerish Civ game...persay

This would be cool if they could also try and make like a handheld version (-shrug- i like the idea)

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
My friend built a castle ingraved into the side of a mounataion that flows lava waterfalls and this guy burns his house down in less than a minute? LOL! But seriously the WOODEN wall behind the fireplace caught first. He should've either put that fireplace away from any walls or built a stone wall over that part of the house.

strum4h

Jan 3, 2009
I love looking through the pictures of the amazing things people make. I am not that advanced at it yet.

NooNameLeft

Sep 15, 2009
strum4h said:
I love looking through the pictures of the amazing things people make. I am not that advanced at it yet.
My current project is to make lava walls to my house.
Ok ok not REALY lava walls more like glass walls with lava behind them
but its going to look awesome though.

ShadesOfGrey84

Feb 16, 2010
This minecraft thing looks cool and kinda reminds me of dwarf fortress somehow?
Still have no clue what the hell it is though.. online or offline? free or paid game? or something in between?
Yeah, I checked the website but it didnt have any info or anything. Just a few download links =/

Evil the White

Apr 16, 2009
It caught fire because the floor was wooden, so the fire spread from the block directly into the floor, so into the surrounding wood.

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
It was serendipitous that Pandora was playing "Smoke on the Water" as I loaded up the video. I'd only heard of Minecraft after Penny Arcade made mention of it, doesn't necessarily look like my kinda thing but it's fun that something accidental like a housefire can occur within it.

Now, aside from building and razing houses what does one do in this "game"?

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Fenring said:
Tdc2182 said:
Good God.

Overkill much? Great fucking trailer, but jesus on the overkill.
It's not overkill, he still needs to go deeper.
Im kind of ashamed of that message, I was in a drunken stupor. Yeah, that was a really great trailer.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Zeromaeus said:
@Trogdor: Its really good. Ten dollars well spent in my opinion.
Ten dollars?
They had the full game for free download on their main site...

Proof link [http://www.minecraft.net/]

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
PoisonUnagi said:
Zeromaeus said:
@Trogdor: Its really good. Ten dollars well spent in my opinion.
Ten dollars?
They had the full game for free download on their main site...
The free-ness only lasts until the site comes back up. I assume it'll lock you out as soon as the "free-weekend" (read: crashed server maintenance) is over.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
Hilarious. I loved the game when it was free to play the last few days... Too bad it's $15 now. Guess I won't be playing anymore.

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
Sturmdolch said:
Hilarious. I loved the game when it was free to play the last few days... Too bad it's $15 now. Guess I won't be playing anymore.
A pity you'd let $15 stand between you and a game more fun than most current $60 games.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
Aethren said:
Sturmdolch said:
A pity you'd let $15 stand between you and a game more fun than most current $60 games.
Actually I made a deal with my friend to buy it if it's $10 or under.

But watching videos on it again... Yeah, I just bought it anyways. It's an awesome game and it's only in beta.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did at that video... I felt bad for the guy, too, because he starts the video talking about how hard he'd been working on it and stuff.