Minecraft Explained Through Accidental Arson

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Lt. Vinciti said:
ma55ter_fett said:
So what is the purpose of this game?

What do you do in it?
Would appear from the trailer doodle....Survive...so like a single playerish Civ game...persay

This would be cool if they could also try and make like a handheld version (-shrug- i like the idea)
Not really, the game is more of a sand box style game. You can do a lot of things if you want to (explore caves, hunt wild life, build structures, ect.) but there is nothing you have to do.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
As always the good games like this I have to miss out on because I don't have any way to spend money online.

Hilarious video though.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
TraumaHound said:
It was serendipitous that Pandora was playing "Smoke on the Water" as I loaded up the video. I'd only heard of Minecraft after Penny Arcade made mention of it, doesn't necessarily look like my kinda thing but it's fun that something accidental like a housefire can occur within it.

Now, aside from building and razing houses what does one do in this "game"?
I think the most apt analogy people are giving, is that it's basically like Lego. Sprinkled with zombies and other beasties. So, there really is little more to it than that, but in this case, it's not a bad thing at all.

It's also a creepy creepy game once you start exploring caverns, you're always paranoid that there's going to be something nearby, and hope you've brought enough torches. Although, the enemy AI seems none too smart, and I've found you can kill monsters pretty easily by leading them onto lava floes because they won't stop to find another way around and just walk straight in and get vaporised.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
ZETTA FAIL!!

thats possibly one of the funniest things i've ever seen,a ndi dont even play the game.

TheEndlessSleep

Sep 1, 2010
I just love imagining what he was thinking as he hacked away at the bookcase, then turned round to see the ceiling on fire :)

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Wow, I haven't heard about this game. It looks AWESOME! I want to play it, lol. And poor guy. It's nice to know that he kept filming. I liked how every few seconds he'd say "...and" like he was still giving a tutorial, lol.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
the game is great, unfortunately multiplayer is missing a lot of the atmosphere because the monsters can't kill you and you can't drown

I'm mega excited about updates. Now that the dude who made it has a bankroll he can really start adding gameplay elements.

May 28, 2009
Sturmdolch said:
But watching videos on it again... Yeah, I just bought it anyways. It's an awesome game and it's only in beta.
Not even Beta. It's in Alpha, so I'm looking forward to everything else we have in store. Now that you've bought Alpha, all the updates (which means even when it comes out of Alpha and Beta and into "full") are free. The price for those that haven't yet bought it will go up as the game's development progresses.

Basically, getting it early saves money, and it's still fun as hell.

And one update will be flying machines!

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009

I want to get it, but it seems that

A) I need a credit card, which I currently lack, and
B) You need to pay in euros. How does that work for Americans? Is there an automatic conversion of currency?

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
"Annnnd...Seriously?"

Oh man. That was great. I love how he tries to throw water on it, then just decides to chop it.

BenzSmoke

Nov 1, 2009
Augh, I know how watching your house burn feels. Poor guy.

scotth266 said:
I want to get it, but it seems that

A) I need a credit card, which I currently lack, and
B) You need to pay in euros. How does that work for Americans? Is there an automatic conversion of currency?
It's about $10 in US Bills.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Watching that video, even before he lit the fire it was obvious that it wouldn't end well. That is not a fire place, that is a fire pit. Although it still seems rather weird that a stone block would light on fire like that. Funny stuff.

Although I hope nobody will mind if I save myself the time and bandwidth by not reading whatever unfunny trash Penny Arcade created this time.

Marsell

Nov 20, 2008
Lol, schadenfreude...
On a related note, My small uniteresting house is only defined by the fact that it's lit entirely with lava, and the roof is made of glass and lava, below a giant flaming arrow.

boholikeu

Aug 18, 2008
Varchld said:
Yeah, well worth getting, though if you hold off till it's more developed, like out of the Alpha stages, then you shouldn't get bored of it after the first 40 hours of play time like I have.
40 hours of play time for a $10 game seems like a damn good deal to me.

Especially since you also get all the later versions, too.

MangaVally

Apr 15, 2009
It is a fantastic game but I will warn you! It can turn you into a obsesive maniac faster than any MMO you care to mention!!

ender214

Oct 30, 2008
I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. Then proceeded to immediately download Minecraft.