Minecraft Explained Through Accidental Arson

silentsentinel

Mar 16, 2008
My Laputa: Castle in the Sky project is still under construction in Minecraft. If it was ever lit on fire I would die.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
Poor guy =S

At least he seemed to be taking it philosophically though. Although he might have gone nuts after he stopped recording ;-P

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
scotth266 said:
I want to get it, but it seems that

A) I need a credit card, which I currently lack, and
B) You need to pay in euros. How does that work for Americans? Is there an automatic conversion of currency?
You pay through Paypal, which has the option to be linked to a bank account for money transfer. I know this because that's how I paid for mine, and I lack a credit card.

It's roughly 13 USD, the conversion, also through Paypal, is automatic.

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
THis game if far too addictive, playing for 8 hours to build a floating castle even though i knew i couldnt save it

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
HAHAHAHAHAHA
it was all good until he forgot that fireplaces should be fireproof. A bottom made of wood is a bad move XD

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
Kuchinawa212 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA
it was all good until he forgot that fireplaces should be fireproof. A bottom made of wood is a bad move XD
Apparently it's not because of the floor, apparently fire can spread to any wooden surface within 3 blocks.

I know this because I had a wooden bungalow with a sand basement. I put a fireplace in, it spread to the roof because it was only two blocks away. It's also the same if you put stone between the wood and the fire, and also if you have lava in the basement... On another note, sprinkler systems don't work. They just set fire to stuff through water.

[roof][rooof][roof]
[glass][water][glass]
[space][wood][space]

[sub]That hut burnt down 3 god damn times yesterday[/sub].

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
I'm always tempted to try this game, but I'm very worried that it will take me over.

I also think it's a precursor to something very, very bad. It might be decades before it arrives, but there will someday be a game that swallows minds. Minecraft will have been its beginning.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
I still don't know what it is. Is it some kind of MMO or like a first person version of Age of Empires?

It looks to be quite fun though, despite heavy pixelating.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I'm tempted to purchase Minecraft now, but something is keeping me from doing so. I'll probably will up some willpower and cave in, but for now I'll just gaze from afar, taking in the sights of what could possibly be...

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
He said he didn't find it funny, but I think his inner Minecrafter was giggling at this, knowing he would have to rebuild it.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
if you pause the video at 1:16 you can see that the moron has a wooden base where he put the wood it to burn. if it was stone it wouldn't happen.