Minecraft Getting Scarier After Halloween Update

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
THIS I AMAZING! Really looking forward to it. Gunna start a game without hacks now in preperation for this. And before falming the hacker- I dont always hack- jsut for cooler houses

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
you do know you can get more than one flint per block as in if you pick up a gravel block and put it back you can get another flint when you resmash it :p

StephenRogers713

Pastry avenger
Jan 8, 2010
Wolf Devastator said:
So when the final game is finished (after many months), did I hear that the price will increase and people who have already payed will have to pay the difference? Kinda unfortunate, I'm pretty sure he's already covered the extra development cost a few weeks ago... >.>
No, if you buy it in alpha you never have to pay again.

As for the whole torch thing, It kind of sucks that torches will die, but everyone seems to be ignoring the whole lantern thing, admittedly we have no idea what it takes to make them, but still. Whats scaring me are two things, what are these new mobs that are scarier than a silent sneaky creeper? and how will this whole, you need more light the deeper you go, work, and will my habit of building giant mine shafts and letting the sun kill mobs for me suddenly start failing?

fKd

Jun 3, 2010
this game is amazing, im playing with a group of friends, so much fun... but the odd thing is i find myself going why is this fun? i dont know why, but my god... its stealing all my free time. epic respect to the guy and yay for indy dev success!

people who make games for the love are so much better than this new sequel based cash raping that big publishers are exacting against the poor junkie like gamers

win!

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Delock said:
I wonder what could be SSSSSSSSSo SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSScary in Mincraft. It'SSSSSSSSSSSSS not like the game haSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS anything really SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSStartling in it now.
I HATE YOOOOOOUUU.

AC10 said:
Tom Goldman said:
torches will now die, though they can be reignited with flint.
I just died a little inside.
IMO flint is much more valuable than a cheap torch, not worth the cost of re-lighting it.
You'll be able to make lanterns which are permanent.

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
StephenRogers713 said:
Whats scaring me are two things, what are these new mobs that are scarier than a silent sneaky creeper? and how will this whole, you need more light the deeper you go, work, and will my habit of building giant mine shafts and letting the sun kill mobs for me suddenly start failing?
Methinks you answered your own question. I really hope there are more dangerous monsters lurking underground, I hardly go outside during the night unless I get bored of constantly digging downward.

Arikuza

Apr 21, 2009
Don't forget the multiplayer fixes!
They're unnamed but I'm having fingers crossed for working monsters and health... and a lot of bugged features. My friends and I have just been building castles for no reason.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
More scary? The game as it is once kept me up at night, the cave below my building is feckin possessed, the cave keeps on spawning creepers BEHIND ME in FULL LIGHT. And then the cave just decided to burn me a few times, when there is no fire nearby. Worst of all is how the cave seems to spawn about 3 times as many enemies as a normal cave even though I fill the place with torches and destroyed the spawn point they STIL KEEP COMING. The cave is evil, the game is evil, and now they are going to make it even more terrifying. Fare thee well bowl control.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
You know what. That's creepy. The idea of "actually difficult" monsters is kinda frightening, but I was actually complaining to a friend a few days ago that exploring is a *****, there needs to be shortcuts. I said either be able to craft teleporters, or travel through a paralell universe where distances are relatively longer. Kinda what is happening now, only without scary monsters...
As for torches going out, that's all well and good but it means my nice safe mine fucking filled with torches isn't so safe... Crap. And all that time spent exploring that nearby cavern to reduce the danger, wasted?
EDIT: Forgot the lanterns... Which means my mine can become safe once more... That cavern is gonna be a *****. Things massive, I keep finding more and more tunnels. Still haven't fully explored, and I've been at it for hours in total.

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
While this probibly won't be it, I can take a wild stab at the crafting recipy for Lanterns and watches,
A=Air, S=Steel, C=Coal, L=Leather, M=Compass, R=Redstone
ASA
SCS
ASA

ASA
SMS
LSL
or
ASA
SRS
LSL

ragecandybar

Dec 4, 2008
Knife-28 said:
While this probibly won't be it, I can take a wild stab at the crafting recipy for Lanterns and watches,
ASA
SCS
ASA

ASA
SMS
LSL
or
ASA
SRS
LSL
If that was the recipe for lanterns, that would be ridiculous. Please no.

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
ragecandybar said:
Knife-28 said:
ASA
SCS
ASA

ASA
SMS
LSL
or
ASA
SRS
LSL
It would make sense if the lanterns are going to burn forever.
I also hope you'll be able to hold lanterns in your hand.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
ragecandybar said:
Knife-28 said:
ASA
SCS
ASA

ASA
SMS
LSL
or
ASA
SRS
LSL
Why ? Steel is so abundant and easy to get...or rather, the iron.

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
Love ALL of these updates. Although the current monsters make me their little ***** still so I dunno wtf I'm gonna do unless I find some serious diamond deposits soon.
The watch is incredibly awesome.