Minecraft on the PS4, good or bad?

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Simple enough question, I know the XBox 360 version of Minecraft was a bit limited (map size, crafting & UI etc) compared to the PC release and when I played it on a family members 360 I didn't think much of it but that was last gen. Is the current gen console version, specifically on the PS4 better?

I wouldn't go out and buy it but there is a PS4 bundle that includes it so as a pack in game I was wondering if its worth it.

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
As far as I know, the console versions are all pretty much the same. They're all based on a much older version of Minecraft with limited map space and no modding capabilities. Basically the only real reason to have it for console is for local co-op. PC can always be played multiplayer if you have more than one system though.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Supposedly you have 3 world sizes

Small - 1 map
Medium - 9 maps (3x3)
Large - 25 maps (5x5)

Past that, I do not know but I would assume it would be the same build as the PS3 version otherwise. World size probably is added due to increased memory.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
It's not BAD for a console port, but removes all possibility of modding which is a great deal of the appeal of the real PC version.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Okay, I think I will leave it then. The bundle wasn't that great and there where only two games I kinda wanted, Minecraft and a game I really have no interest in.

I will see what offers come up over and after boxing day, thanks for the input.