Minecraft Players Get Blocky Yet Adorable Pet Wolves

madman485

Apr 10, 2009
FredTheUndead said:
Blah blah blah blah entitlement blah blah demands blah blah
seriously? It's two guys (used to be one) programming a high profile game after just throwing a company together to handle it at the last minute. Alpha was for content addition, Beta is for bug fixes and speed/memory upgrades.

OH WHAT'S THAT? THAT'S WHAT HE'S BEEN DOING FOR ALL OF BETA? WELL GEE LOOK AT THAT!

Azulito

Jan 1, 2009
Ivan Torres said:
I think it should work like this.

When you are right clicking on a wolf with something that doesn't effect them, like a sword or block, he stays; right-click on him again, he follows. Wolves will only attack hostile mobs that hurt you.
The problem with that is that the wolf commands should have their own 'section'. The mouse is the main control and adding other uses ontop of that will annoy some players.

FredTheUndead

Aug 13, 2010
madman485 said:
FredTheUndead said:
seriously? It's two guys (used to be one) programming a high profile game after just throwing a company together to handle it at the last minute. Alpha was for content addition, Beta is for bug fixes and speed/memory upgrades.

OH WHAT'S THAT? THAT'S WHAT HE'S BEEN DOING FOR ALL OF BETA? WELL GEE LOOK AT THAT!
http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2730532961/minecraft-beta-1-2

Oh yeah, no new content in Beta, that's for sure.

I love how daring the level any criticism against the game instantly slams me with "HURR YOU'RE JUST AN ENTITLED SHIT HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE THE GLORIOUS OVERLORD OF BEING SLOW" accusations from the Notch Defense Force.

madman485

Apr 10, 2009
FredTheUndead said:
madman485 said:
FredTheUndead said:

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2730532961/minecraft-beta-1-2

Oh yeah, no new content in Beta, that's for sure.

I love how daring the level any criticism against the game instantly slams me with "HURR YOU'RE JUST AN ENTITLED SHIT HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE THE GLORIOUS OVERLORD OF BEING SLOW" accusations from the Notch Defense Force.
I never said there was NO added content, but that's what the focus of beta is.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Awesome!! You can train a pack of wolves and release them at night! Are the house trained? Are there werewolves? This sounds awesome, I long to see huge fights between wolves and their prey!

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
After watching the vid a bit more, I start to think that if you don't have a bone to offer a wolf, it may decide to go after your internal ones.

And that's cool.

DaHero

Jan 10, 2011
I want a mod that changed it into a pet tiger, preferably a Siberian white tiger, kthxbai.

Ivan Torres

Sep 27, 2010
rembrandtqeinstein said:
FredTheUndead said:
Bunch of hating
To that all I have to say is:

[/quote]

Like I said, he jelly.

FredtheUndead why u no be smart?

If anyone is wondering why I am talking like this, it's because the only way to talk to someone on the internet who is
A. A troll
B. An idiot
or C. A Hater is by COUNTER-TROLLING!

D4rkLigh7

Feb 12, 2009
Uszi said:
luckycharms8282 said:
They look pretty funny. That's cool that they attack other animals for you. Maybe theyd defend against spiders and other such things? Cant wait until fortress craft comes out. It's gonna be sweeet
I want to sic them on the other players in the server.

How would you defend against an army of wolves?
Dynamite, but back on topic. I have been off Minecraft for a while actually but to have a pack of wolf at my beck and call would be awesome. Here's hoping that they can kill creepers without dying and that they attack hostile mobs on there own without you having to hit them first.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Finally I'll be able to make the most badass home defense ever. Wolf moat, hell yeah!

bbad89

Jan 1, 2011
Ivan Torres said:
rembrandtqeinstein said:
FredTheUndead said:
Bunch of hating
To that all I have to say is:

[/quote]

Like I said, he jelly.

FredtheUndead why u no be smart?

If anyone is wondering why I am talking like this, it's because the only way to talk to someone on the internet who is
A. A troll
B. An idiot
or C. A Hater is by COUNTER-TROLLING![/quote]
And boom goes the dynamite. Can we end this fight now?

zohmbee

Feb 21, 2008
I wasn't all too interested until they started shaking off water and cocking their heads. Damn my weakness to adorable box-shaped animals.

Figures I can't play Minecraft until I get my damn computer- that will actually run it without a religious sacrifice first -fixed.

CanadianWolverine

Feb 1, 2008
FredTheUndead said:
"A bunch of various posts of ignoramus (see: ignoranus) didn't read the contract self entitled horse pucky hater talk"
Say, there is this little game called Game Dev Story, while very abstract, it might help you gain a slightly better understanding of game development, like for example, occasionally doing other things so you can be better at game development. Of course, if you choose not to train your devs with vacation time or classes and ignore them when they ask to roll with a awesome idea to improve an area of the game, you are going to get the points you deserve.

If Notch taking scuba lessons makes for a better experience in Minecraft, I say pull your head out your ass and give the artist some respect. And while I don't expect you to actually listen to a single point I have made, seeing as you have flung poo like a chimp at everyone else's valid points, I bothered to hit post on this bunch of text in the hopes that others who read it may learn from your embarrassing example negative and empty head space and gain a better understanding of game development, even in the abstract.

I say good day to you sir (see: cur), good day.

minarri

Dec 31, 2008
D'AWWWWW PUPPIES! <3

OK you should not be throwing such cute things at me when my hormones are in their current state. It just isn't fair.

I'm going to sit here and squeal a bit while watching that video again.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
FredTheUndead said:
Modders aren't millionaires thanks to an UNFINISHED PRODUCT. Notch has slowed to a crawl with releasing now content, and often when he DOES release it, the new content is specifically stated to be mod content added to the main game (literally everything but beds in the last update were mod content).

Mojang needs to
A: Hurry the fuck up, or
B: Just release proper mod support because clearly modders can do better things with Minecraft anyway despite not being professionals with millions backing them.
Well it's actually the communities fault things aren't moving along.
When this was a garage project Notches only concern was how to push it forward, but now with millions of people playing it hes got to deal with the entire world, he may have a company but he is still the only real developer on Minecraft and a public spokesman at the same time, this just can't work out.

Mojang actually needs 5 or 10 extra programmers so Notch can stay as the public figure while his minions implement some new stuff.

qwertyz

Mar 19, 2011
Can't wait until these wolves come out, I've been wanting a new mob! Hopefully dragons are up next.

Wolfbane_Daoine

Mar 2, 2011
Quaxar said:
Finally I'll be able to make the most badass home defense ever. Wolf moat, hell yeah!
Why stop at a moat filled with wolves? Why not get all dwarf fortress and construct a floorplate that releases a flood of wolves into a moat, And you could have grates at the end so you could drain out all the wolves once they're done and then collect the loot they've aquired. Fur-real! Also, I need to get minecraft now that there will be cute cuddly wolves. I had resisted, but I must relent :p

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Wolfbane_Daoine said:
Quaxar said:
Why stop at a moat filled with wolves? Why not get all dwarf fortress and construct a floorplate that releases a flood of wolves into a moat, And you could have grates at the end so you could drain out all the wolves once they're done and then collect the loot they've aquired. Fur-real! Also, I need to get minecraft now that there will be cute cuddly wolves. I had resisted, but I must relent :p
I like your style!
Now all I need to get this plan going is a wolf valve.

sounds funny... wolf valve...