Minecraft: what is the Ender Pearl?

TheFrost

Feb 4, 2011
when the minecraft 1.8 update was realeased it came with a brand new mysterius mob, "the Enderman". Known to drop a new and at time of writing purely decorative item, the Ender Pearl. My question is: what does it do? Is it the Endermans soul? What is it? Where does the Enderman come from?

I must apologise for my english as it is not my native language and grammar is not my best subject.

Dec 14, 2009
Some speculate that it effects how quickly Endermen notice you staring at them.

I don't think that's the case, I reckon it's just a material that has no purpose yet.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
The enderpeal?
It is all that is and all that will ever be it is the past the future and the present it has breought chaos and order to every dimension and has torn reality apart in every moment of its existance.
It's also usless.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
I read somewhere that it halves the distance Endermen will respond to you looking at them just by having it in your inventory, not sure if that's true though.

Come 1.9, it will be usable in tool construction, though I don't know in what capacity.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
well, just speculation from my part...but maybe later you need 9 pearls to make 1 block, and you need 12 blocks to make a portal to the aether, or sky realm as it's called :p

Sounds like something Notch would do tbh, to make it a challenge to get to sky realm. I've killed dozens of endermen, but only gotten 2 pearls, so low rate, atleast for me :<

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Disaster Button said:
I read somewhere that it halves the distance Endermen will respond to you looking at them just by having it in your inventory, not sure if that's true though.

Come 1.9, it will be usable in tool construction, though I don't know in what capacity.
Ya, pearl doesn't help against Enderman. There's a list on the wiki stating what it doesn't do...and that is one of them xD

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
Disaster Button said:
Would be cool if it were some kind of proximity sensor. You could set up traps and stuff using it. Or perhaps us it instead of flint to make fire/magic arrows?

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
therandombear said:
Disaster Button said:

Ya, pearl doesn't help against Enderman. There's a list on the wiki stating what it doesn't do...and that is one of them xD
Ah okay, I wasn't sure if it did or not. Thanks for the tip.

Avaholic03 said:
Disaster Button said:
Would be cool if it were some kind of proximity sensor. You could set up traps and stuff using it. Or perhaps us it instead of flint to make fire/magic arrows?
A proximity sensor would be a really cool idea. I was thinking maybe something like a limited ability to teleport with some kind of downside, like limited charges or it alerts nearby Endermen to your presence. Or maybe it let's you possess an Enderman.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Ender_Pearl
The Ender Pearl is a new item in the 1.8 update and is sometimes dropped by Enderman upon death. Currently this item is purely decorative and all future uses of the Ender Pearl are currently unknown.
So yeah, it doesn't do anything.

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
I hear that when you touch it, you get a vision of other wielders of the Ender Pearls.
Places of these Seeing Stones include Minas Tirith, Minas Morgul, and Isengard.

GrimGrimoire

Aug 11, 2011
Bassman_2 said:
I hear that when you touch it, you get a vision of other wielders of the Ender Pearls.
Places of these Seeing Stones include Minas Tirith, Minas Morgul, and Isengard.
Good one!

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
The wiki said they're going to add a use for it in 1.9, but it's basically like the Slimeballs of yesterday (AKA, pre-1.7): It has no use.