Miracle of Sound: All As One (Dragon Age: Inquisition Music Video)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
All As One (Dragon Age: Inquisition Music Video)

Stand side by side. Carry all as one.

Watch Video

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Until this one your Dragonage 2 song was my favourite. Now this one is. Very well done.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Good fucking show! Caught it on Youtube a few days back, but felt the need to comment on here too.

I thought I was perhaps going a little cold on MoS for a while there. Not wanting to be harsh, I mean it's not like I thought your stuff was getting specifically worse. It was just beginning to feel like a long time since I'd felt the need to listen to any of it over and over again, as I have with some of my earlier favourites, the last one for me probably being Forever Blue, or perhaps even Dream Of The Sky.

This though, this is going right up there with Sovngarde Song and the rest of that calibre. I love how it calls back to Age Of The Dragon, but keeps building on it over and over again. :D

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Excelent job as usual. I think this may be one of my all time favorites. Also on a side note really enjoying the podcast you have been doing with Jim.

Another side not if anyone reading this post has yet to download patch 2 for the PC DON'T. It screws with your graphics so that even if you have verything on Ultra, you get medium instead. Biowear say they are working on it.

Guy from the 80's

Mar 7, 2012
Very nice!

In case you read this....would you please consider making more tunes like you did with Fallout 3 and Beauty Bleak? You seem to have a very good ear for atmosphere and would love to have more music to add to my playlist :)

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
Great. Now every time my Inquisitor talks I subconsciously dub it over with Peter Cullen from Transformers Prime. XD I have this mental image now of my Qunari Inquisitor, in Optimus's voice, yelling "Inquisition! Transform and roll out!" and everyone staring in confusion as he runs off making truck noises. Except for Cole, who follows while mimicking a motorcycle.

Great song, very well done, Gavin. :) The only part I didn't like was the solo in the middle, but then, I've never liked guitar solos for some reason. Personal taste and all that, I'm not asking you to change nothing.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Very nice follow-up to Age of the Dragon. Did you write this song specifically to counterpoint that one or merely reference it? I suspect the latter, the harmony and synchronization of the two recordings isn't perfect as-is, but I bet it could be with some fiddling... In fact, I suspect these songs could blend to make one hell of a rock opera or ensemble piece... hm...

Dammit, now I have to learn how to engineer music videos...

zerragonoss

Oct 15, 2009
Amazing song, love the calls back to age of the dragon, and that it highlights my favorite part of the game so far in the uncertainty of the origin and nature of the mark.

Guy from the 80 said:
In case you read this....would you please consider making more tunes like you did with Fallout 3 and Beauty Bleak? You seem to have a very good ear for atmosphere and would love to have more music to add to my playlist :)
He has an album called Vistas on his band camp that I think is just what you are looking for.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Great stuff yet again Gav. Age of the Dragon is still one of my favourite MoS songs and this is a great followup. It's a great track for a great game in Inquisition.

Also the shout out to Age of the Dragon is fantastic, I love it. Can't wait for Level 5!

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Pretty similar to the last DA song, even had the same lines at the end, which is a good thing ;D
Good song, like the slow starts which then build up to a bit faster and ties this song together with the the DA2 one at the end.

Gav, next is smash bros!
50 characters in 5 minutes, GO!

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Gizmo1990 said:
Excelent job as usual. I think this may be one of my all time favorites. Also on a side note really enjoying the podcast you have been doing with Jim.
Dude, I didn't know this was a thing. Now I do, and I love it.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
I feel like the refrain could have used more passion. Don't get me wrong, I prefer these songs that lean towards metal, but your performance never really feels invested in the lyrics (which I love, btw). Then again, I'm as layman as you can get, so these are just my impressions.

Pepsik

Aug 30, 2011
So Hawke was hope in previous Dragon Age? Probably used for the similiar pronunciation so it would fit the music, but very nice analogy none the less :)

Steve Waltz

May 16, 2012
I bet BioWare loved this song; I know I did! That solo at 3:20 was so thoroughly bad-ass I could barely contain myself. The editing on the video was brilliant also. Seriously, I could watch the video all day.

Guy from the 80's

Mar 7, 2012
zerragonoss said:
Amazing song, love the calls back to age of the dragon, and that it highlights my favorite part of the game so far in the uncertainty of the origin and nature of the mark.

Guy from the 80 said:
He has an album called Vistas on his band camp that I think is just what you are looking for.

I just had a gander, but its not what I'm looking for. I was thinking ambient.

JennAnge

May 15, 2012
I should not have listened to this during my coffee break at work. Your music makes me want to go home and play the game NAOW!
Great lyrics; brings out the theme of whether the inquisitor is chosen by the Maker in an extremely backhanded wa;y or whether it was all chance and now you have to stand with your friends with the burden of everyone's hopes on your shoulders and fix the mess anyway :p

Kerethos

Jun 19, 2013
I was trying to replay all of Dragon Age, even got to doing Broken Circle (in Origins), the Fade part.

Then you released this song and - aside from a strong desire to play it on repeat while I made my way through the Fade - I could not help but sing along and feel an overwhelming desire to play Inquisition.

So now I'm like 9 hours into Inquisition, and this song is still fantastic after many repeated plays.
I hope you get what ever you want for Christmas Gav, because this is one hell of an early Christmas present to all of us.

Truly, all the hugs. You are one hell of a musician and the video is awesome :)

maxmanrules

Mar 30, 2011
The first minute and 20 seconds of this song seems quite sad and slow to me. I haven't played the game, so I'm not sure if this is intentional or not. And my head autocompletes the rhyme for "reach into the fade" with "wake upon a blade".
Also, I'm not entirely sure if "stand side by side..." followed by "hold on...", followed by "woah oh ho ho oh ho", followed with yet another "stand side by side" is the best lyrically. I'm tempted to replace all "woahs" in songs with the monk chant from Age of Empires, to point out how silly they are. It seems to be a person singing just for the sake of a person singing. Wouldn't it be better to have lyrics or let the listener focus on a really neat instrumental piece? And speaking of neat instrumentals OH YES THAT THROWBACK GAV YOU BEAST. You made that this time (give or take a month or so) 3 bloody years ago :D

I haven't commented on any of your songs for awhile, so uh, thoughts.

I was singing the chorus from Shadow of the Ash under my breath for like a week. That song such a great rock piece to sing along to.

I'm in two minds about My Revolution. It's an example of what I think is probably your biggest issue (don't hate me pls), you have too much chorus. There are 8 lines in that song that you don't repeat. On the other hand, holy crap, that last section with just the piano and your sexy goddamn french.

Into the mind is another recent song with lots of chorus, but my god, what a chorus. Your delivery of that chorus is amazing.

It's kinda understandable that your songs are lots of chorus though, considering the sheer number of tracks you put out. From a rough count, you put out 30 songs, and the 'Vistas' album. That's a lot of goddamn content to make.