Miracle of Sound: Beneath the Black Flag (Assassin's Creed IV)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Beneath the Black Flag (Assassin's Creed IV)

YO-HO! YO-HO! We row beneath the black flag.

Watch Video

DavidTheWise

Oct 27, 2009
I always thought there should be more high-energy Pirate Metal, Loved it!

Keep up the kickass work!

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
You must really look forward to that game if you make a song about it after just a few trailers and a quarter hour of gameplay.
I know I do.

Also, this is by far my favourite song out of the last months.

The Scollard

Aug 10, 2010
Another great song, Gavin. I personally think this is your best since Level 3 came out. There is a fantastic energy to the song. By the way, good job for making me even more excited for the game.

Keep up the good work.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
I did quite enjoy that, though unfortunately Gavin, as much as I always love your work, I do have to say there's no beating Alestorm at their own game.:p For they have Keelhauled!:

The song does heavily remind me of a softer version of them though. :D

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Still as awesome as when I listened to it 50+ times last week on youtube! :D

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
elvor0 said:
I did quite enjoy that, though unfortunately Gavin, as much as I always love your work, I do have to say there's no beating Alestorm at their own game.:p For they have Keelhauled!:

The song does heavily remind me of a softer version of them though. :D
I do think Gav has cited Alestorm as one of the influences in making this song, tho. Also, since it's a pirate video game metal song, I found it to be closer to the other pirate video game metal song:

colostomizer

Jun 7, 2011
Eeeexcellent! A video to go with the song!
Reminds me of the theme tune for Crimson Skies (in a good way)

Loremaster P

Nov 23, 2009
Listened to this 20+ times, this coupled with the demo demonstration has got me so pumped for the game :)

Namechangeday

Aug 13, 2012
I want to share this with everyone I know, but none of the play Assassin's Creed(or like metal in any way) :(
Also, nice use of a callback :)

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
This is a great theme for the game, well done Gavin. Out of curiosity, being one of the big video content makers on this site, how is it you put them up on YouTube early? Wouldn't that detrimental to the site?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
chozo_hybrid said:
MiracleOfSound said:
This is a great theme for the game, well done Gavin. Out of curiosity, being one of the big video content makers on this site, how is it you put them up on YouTube early? Wouldn't that detrimental to the site?
It's kind of the other way around really. My songs themselves are 100% independent, as is the MOS brand and name - I own them and all the rights to them.

Certain songs are Escapist focused, such as the next one (Pacific Rim) and the video is made by Justin and posted here the same day as YT or before YT. Some of the videos I make independently myself, such as this one.

But because we have a good relationship together and because more shares/views is always a good thing for us both, I also send over my Youtube-first videos to the Escapist to post on the site too if they like them and feel they'd be a good addition to the regular content.

My relationship with the Escapist is less 'Let's be totally exclusive and restrictive together' and more 'hey let's share content & generate lots of extra views together because it benefits us both'

Hope that answers your question!

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
That does, thanks for taking the time to answer that one :D I figured it must be something like that, but you can never be sure until you ask. I look forward to the Pacific Rim one, I take it you liked the film then :D

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Is it me, or does this new assassin just not seem to give a fuck compared to the previous ones? Everything he does just seems so nonchalant, that casual step from one mast to another, the double assassination of the two snipers in the crow's nest... just another days work for a pirate-ninja-assassin?

mastermerrick

Bored. That is all.
Jul 7, 2010
Great song. The only thing I'm waiting on now is a Spotify release so I can listen to it at work.

acer840

(Insert Awesome Title)
Mar 24, 2008
Country
Australia
Seriously Gav, your songs get better and better and catchier and catchier. I don't know why companies haven't approached you for you to advertise their products as this makes me want to play the game (and I will be disappointed as this song is not in it). Keep up the excellent work.