Miracle of Sound: Brothers Of The Creed (Assassin's Creed)

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Ursus Buckler said:
It was cool, but just for a challenge I want to see a Tetris one.
If anyone can make an awesome song for a Tetris game, it's Gavin.

OT: Awesome song as usual mate. Although, I think Normandy and Wasteland Soul will always be my favourites. Normandy has almost reached 140 plays on my iTunes. >.>

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
OK, not to say you're not trying or anything, or that its a bad song, but this really doesn't feel like an Assassin's Creed song.

Normally you're really good about this kind of thing, but the tempo, the style, even the lyrics a little bit, just don't evoke the kind of mood that Assassin's Creed does for me. It all feels...out of place.

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
Damn, that was odd, in an interesting way, I think I like it..... Yeah I like it.

Never played Assassin's Creed though.

I am kinda curious what the idea behind this song is.

OCAdam

Oct 13, 2010
Looks like a pretty mixed reception to this song... I can't really say if I like it or dislike it... Not your best song (The New Black Gold and Redemption Blues go there IMO!), but not horrific.

Darth Rahu

Critic of the Sith
Nov 20, 2009
Overall, Gavin, I enjoyed the song. Catchy, it has the feel of the Assassin's Creed games, and the lyrics are pretty good. I'm not exactly a fan of Assassin's Creed, playing most of 1 and a little of 2, yet I really dug what you were going for. Keep it up.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
Im seeing a theme but im not too worried as its more of a complement. A couple of people seem to have thought the same thing i did, being that Deus Ex was so marvelous that if ANYTHING went wrong with the next song it just wouldnt compare. That seemed to happen hear and so my final thoughts seem biased or swayed even to me.

My final thought being that the chorus seemed to take up an unbalanced amount of the song. Yeah the chorus is SUPOSE to repeat but that seemed lik 70% of the song(seemed not was). I liked the lyrics and found that they were very well worded and given good meaning, after READING them all. But when i first finished listening to the song it fealt like i only heard the opening and then the chorus for the rest of the song. ._.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE what your doing here and i already bought the CD to show my support :) but....yeah lol i guess it cant all be perfect and i sure as hell know i couldnt do any better.

Redem

Dec 21, 2009
For some reason I imagine the Eizo-centric song his all about the girls he seduce over the games :D

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Good but not that great. Sorry, but I think Assassin's Creed deserved better.
I honestly think you should've waited for Revelations and then just made an entire song about Ezio's life and his journeys. You don't have to make it a broad song about the whole series. I guess you still can. If you want to, that is.

Don't get me wrong it's still a good song.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
I think the problem here is that people compare this one to your last song (which was your best). I'm going to judge the song on it's own merits here:

I really liked how you captured the feel of the setting (you always do), mostly due to the melody + the chorus kicked ass.

I do have one criticism and that's the part in the interlude where it went really quiet: It may just be me, but i really felt like it didn't fit with the rest of the song. At all.

Overall another great song. How do you keep impressing me every time?

TheKwertyeweyoppe

Jan 1, 2010
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Ursus Buckler said:
It was cool, but just for a challenge I want to see a Tetris one.
If anyone can make an awesome song for a Tetris game, it's Gavin.

OT: Awesome song as usual mate. Although, I think Normandy and Wasteland Soul will always be my favourites. Normandy has almost reached 140 plays on my iTunes. >.>
Look up 'history of the soviet union arranged to the theme of tetris'. It's absolutely brilliant.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
I'm typing this from a web cafe, as I haven't been able to access the Escapist for the last two days from my laptop - now I'm wondering if my internet wasn't trying to tell me something, lol.

Anyway. As much as I appreciate the feedback as always, I am, for once, going to stand firm on this one as it is, has been, by far my favourite of my gaming songs since I made it 5 months ago.

All the comments in the world would not convince me to change one note or instrument in this song. It is exactly as I wanted it to be, exactly what I heard in my head playing the game, sounded exactly how I wanted when I mixed it and is the one song I love to listen to the most of all my songs because it simply makes my ears feel good when I hear it.

So sorry dudes, I'm being selfish this time - this song is for me and if you don't dig it that's tough, because I do! :p

The only other thing I'll say here is that for the people saying the Arabic, eastern sound does not suit the series... go play the first game, and think before you make statements like that. The entire series and story is rooted in it.

Talk to you when I get this internet BS sorted!

Sucal

Dragonborn Ponyeater
Dec 23, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
I'm typing this from a web cafe, as I haven't been able to access the Escapist for the last two days from my laptop - now I'm wondering if my internet wasn't trying to tell me something, lol.

Anyway. As much as I appreciate the feedback as always, I am, for once, going to stand firm on this one as it is, has been, by far my favourite of my gaming songs since I made it 5 months ago.

All the comments in the world would not convince me to change one note, lyric, instrument or line in this song. It is exactly as I wanted it to be, exactly what I heard in my head playing the game, sounded exactly how I wanted when I mixed it and is the one song I love to listen to the most of all my songs because it simply makes my ears feel good when I hear it.

So sorry dudes, I'm being selfish this time - this song is for me and if you don't dig it that's tough, because I do! :p

The only other thing I'll say here is that for the people saying the Arabic, eastern sound does not suit the series... go play the first game, and think before you make statements like that. The entire series and story is rooted in it.

Talk to you when I get this internet BS sorted!
When you get the time, any chance you can share why you believe this one is your favourite?

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Initially I quite liked it, and to be fair, New Black Gold was going to be a hell of a hard act to follow, but it's actually grown on me quite a bit with one or two more listens.

You nailed the Middle Eastern vibe coming from the first game, and, indeed the Assassin Order as a whole, and I really like the monastic hymn (have no idea what the technical term is) effect that frames the song.

Loved the references to the pieces of Eden in the lyrics as well- an aspect of the story that gets forgotten a little when you're dashing across rooftops in Venice or breaking into the Vatican like I'm fond of doing :p

Also, the 'zeros and ones I bleed' is a nice touch in getting the idea of the Animus in there too!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Sucal said:
]

When you get the time, any chance you can share why you believe this one is your favourite?
It's simple: I like the way it makes me feel when I listen to it, which is the only way I ever judge music.