Miracle of Sound: Comin' For Your Tank (Battlefield 3)

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Redlin5 said:
Tharwen said:
Pah. Real men only use misdirection and repair tools to take down tanks.
Real men jump into blimps and race them while shooting at the other blimps!
Also using repair tools!

...no?

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Redlin5 said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Another great song Gavin, good job. Can't wait to hear the song for Skyrim.
That's going to be awhile :p
Yes, I know, and I will wait patiently. But it better be worth the wait *stares at Gavin*

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
My first thoughts "this song seems wrong for the battlefield theme" my thoughts about 1 min in "holy shit this is awesome and a perfect battlefield song". Great song Gav :)

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Very dark and very angry, me likey.

It sounded like a cross between NIN and KMFDM, but all around awesome. It sounded like you were doing some lyrical experimenting, and I think you did a good job. I will be listening to this one a lot.

gCrusher

Mar 17, 2011
MiracleOfSound said:
Nyargh Sex Robot said:
I really like the vocals on this one. A lot darker and murkier sounding than usual, good good.
There'll be a lot more vox like that in future songs :)
I'm really looking forward to this news; if this song is any indication, we are in for some real future treats.

Keep up the good work!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Diablo2000 said:
Very good song you have there.. Though one wonders if you also suck at Battlefield.
The footage isn't mine but I can confirm that yes, I do. Very much so.

Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Very dark and very angry, me likey.

It sounded like a cross between NIN and KMFDM,
Gotta love that industrial <3

NightmareLuna said:
I liked it... But I seem to have been spoiled by Black Gold song. :( Now I compare every new song to that but they can never reach that height of brilliance. That is just my personal preference. :p
Lol that's what I kept hearing about Commander Shepard/Age Of The Dragon/Sweet L.A. before New Black Gold/Redemption Blues came out. Now I keep hearing it about them :D

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Wow. Just totaly loving this!

Normally I wouldn't like this sort of music at all but somehow this just really works for me.

Also, just by listening to this it wasn't immediately obvious to me that it was one of your songs (you know, aside from the fact that it SAYS so!) Normally I find your voice to be very distinctive and easily recognisable throughout all your songs. This one was completely different. Take that how you will, personaly I thought the change was nice, even though I have nothing against any of your songs normally! I know nothing about the composition of music but I'd say this style seems to suit your voice really well.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
That was pretty damn awesome.

What genre would this song normally fall under? It sounds interesting.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Nice NIN sound to this. I really like it. Is this with the new equipment then?

Awesome song, looking forward to buying it. :)

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
You just keep getting better Gavin. I'm not a big fan of BattleField games, so I wasn't expecting much, but I still enjoyed this song a great deal.

MiracleOfSound said:
There'll be a lot more vox like that in future songs :)
In case you needed any more thumbs up for more vox.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
Once again Gav creates a song that is far more entertaining than the game it's made for.
This one felt very Marilyn Manson.

Incidentally, I never felt the least bit threatened when playing the tank sections of Bf3.
I was thinking more Zakk Wylde-era Ozzy Osbourne, but I definitely see where you got Manson from.

maxmanrules

Mar 30, 2011
Another great song. Can't say I have any criticisms about this one, the intro was odd until it hits the change point, but is this the first song where you swear? Cause those were a couple of choice ones ;)