Miracle of Sound: Comin' For Your Tank (Battlefield 3)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
PureIrony said:
What genre would this song normally fall under? It sounds interesting.
The closest would be industrial metal I guess.

Proverbial Jon said:
Wow. Just totaly loving this!

Normally I find your voice to be very distinctive and easily recognisable throughout all your songs. This one was completely different.
I sang a bit more aggressively for this one and also used a distortion effect on the vocal track, it makes it sound crackly and dirty - in a good way. ;)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
meganmeave said:
Nice NIN sound to this. I really like it. Is this with the new equipment then?
Nope this is with the old gear! The next song uses the new equipment a little bit, but it won't be till January that I put one out 100% using it!

maxmanrules said:
Another great song. Can't say I have any criticisms about this one, the intro was odd until it hits the change point, but is this the first song where you swear? Cause those were a couple of choice ones ;)
haha that just came out when I was recording it. Wasn't planning it but it just felt right. It is about blowing up someone's tank after all :D

Detective Prince

Feb 6, 2011
Reminded me of old school NIN. Which is a really good thing. XD It's a sexy little number you've got here. Purrrr.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Cain_Zeros said:
GonzoGamer said:
Once again Gav creates a song that is far more entertaining than the game it's made for.
This one felt very Marilyn Manson.

Incidentally, I never felt the least bit threatened when playing the tank sections of Bf3.
I was thinking more Zakk Wylde-era Ozzy Osbourne, but I definitely see where you got Manson from.
It was the cadence that made me think of Manson. At the same time, I can definitely see where you got Ozzy from.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Sounds very... industrial. Definitely some NIN and Manson in there, and the staccato beat reminded me of Fear Factory.

Not one of my faves, but fun to listen to nonetheless. :)
I wonder what you'll have in store for us next... (on a somewhat related note: you still going to make that song about War for Cybertron..? ^^)

Oh yes, that reminds me: Are you going through with your plan of taking a break through December? The way you've been churning out tracks it wouldn't surprise me if you were headed for a burnout somewhere down the line. Be sure to take a rest from your creative work every once in a while, friend.

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
doggie015 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
The footage is Justin's... apparently he had a lot of fun making this video :D
I wouldn't be surprised. Using another vehicle as a bomb in basically a suicide attack proved to be quite an effective tactic.... then again so did strolling up to the tank like you own the damn place!
And he certainly did seem to like doing it. Never once used the engie with a rocket, which I find odd. They're usually the most useful class for me. Nothing says "up yours" like a couple AT mines to the underbelly.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Sonicron said:
I wonder what you'll have in store for us next... (on a somewhat related note: you still going to make that song about War for Cybertron..? ^^)
Will prob wait for the sequel. Had so much other stuff to do I never got a chance

Sonicron said:
Oh yes, that reminds me: Are you going through with your plan of taking a break through December? The way you've been churning out tracks it wouldn't surprise me if you were headed for a burnout somewhere down the line. Be sure to take a rest from your creative work every once in a while, friend.
yes I am. I have a song done for 2 weeks from now then taking rest of December off to recharge. Was a bit over-productive this year to the point that I feel some of the work may have suffered.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
MiracleOfSound said:
haha that just came out when I was recording it. Wasn't planning it but it just felt right. It is about blowing up someone's tank after all :D
Coincidentally enough the "motherf*ucker" kill was against an APC that was camping our spawn, so it actually was appropriate.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I want to go play Battlefield with this song in the background. It's awesome!

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
I really wish you cloud blare this song from loudspeakers on the gunships in this game, make all the tank gunners crap their pants X3

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
that was an excellent song ive listened to it at least 3 times now best bit was... well the whole thing

maxmanrules

Mar 30, 2011
SirBryghtside said:
maxmanrules said:
Another great song. Can't say I have any criticisms about this one, the intro was odd until it hits the change point, but is this the first song where you swear? Cause those were a couple of choice ones ;)
Only out of the Escapist collection, his old stuff has... 'colourful' subjects and a couple of his more recent CoD songs (Legend of the Thunder and Second Chance) too.
Oh yeah, forgot about those ones. And then there's that one he has on YouTube, the death metal screamy thing.

zvate

Aug 12, 2010
I played world of tanks for a while and this proved the perfect accompaniment (except that I would get too excited and get myself dead... but hey, as long as at least one tank had been blown up it was fantastic, even if it was only my own...)