Miracle of Sound: Gordon Freeman Saved My Life (Half-Life 2)

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Xenowolf said:
So, anyone else feel like playing HL2 right now?
Actually, this song makes me want to go and see what all teh hubbub is about. If the game is anywhere near as fun as the song....

Dammit, I was hoping to wait until I got some sign the series would be continued...

OT: It's seriously been a year already since I've been singing badly along with Age of the Dragon. What a wonderful year of music it has been then. Not so much for my wallet though...

Xenowolf

Feb 3, 2012
CleverCover said:
Xenowolf said:
So, anyone else feel like playing HL2 right now?
Actually, this song makes me want to go and see what all teh hubbub is about. If the game is anywhere near as fun as the song....

Dammit, I was hoping to wait until I got some sign the series would be continued...

OT: It's seriously been a year already since I've been singing badly along with Age of the Dragon. What a wonderful year of music it has been then. Not so much for my wallet though...
Well at least you'll have loads of time to play through the series before Episode 3 or HL3 is released, I suppose. =P

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well, a year passed quite fast, and now we have a load of great songs about video games on the Escapist. Awesome job, Gavin, awesome job indeed. And the Gordon Freeman song? Still kicking as much ass as ever, great stuff.

Squidbulb

Jul 22, 2011
Don't kill me, but I still haven't played this game. I'll get round to it eventually, but Psychonauts comes first (another supposedly great game which I have yet to play).

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
celebration of one year of Miracle of Sound being on The Escapist
...time passes so quickly in the company of nice people.
Stay as you are Gavin : creative, witty, sharp tongued rascal that one can't help but like. :]
I hope you'll surprise all of us with new, wonderful songs in the future and finally you'll gain fame and recognition, even if it would mean to leave The Escapist Magazine.

Sláinte

ljackstar

Mar 17, 2009
And I still put this song up there with Stairway to Heaven and Bohemian Rhapsody... Well Done

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
Congrats on a year of great music. I've loved this song for long time and it sounds great here.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
It's a great song (and awesome on Rock Band) but it's a shae we couldn't have something new to celebrate the first year. I'm not going to complain because I don't have to pay for these (I do but I don't have to) and you've been doing a load of content recently so I guess I'll just say thanks for all the great songs over the last year and I hope to see more in the coming year.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
Caramel Frappe said:
I still remember the first video ever introduced to us by you... based on Dragon Age, was it? Yep.. already a year old and walking like a pro (wait.. that's from Fallout 3, scarp that sentence.) It has been over a year and you've been making videos like a pro (there we go!)

This song was good, sadly I never played Half-Life 1 or 2 so.. couldn't get into it as much as I could with your other songs (like Dead Space.. still beating to it, loving it daily on my MP3.) Still, congrats and here's to you for being just awesome at what you do MiracleOfSound!

Cheers~
Yes the first song on the escapist was based on da, called Age of the Dragon. I am actually listening to it right now, It is a rather brilliant song.
OT: I wasn't a big fan of this one. I prefer you others. I probably don't like it because I haven't played hl.
captcha: helter-skelter what the heck does that mean?

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
And one again I have the theme from Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills stuck in my head just because of like FOUR similar notes.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
*sniff* I remember when this first came to my attention as an article about a nerd with wonderful pipes and a desire to spread his nerdness and love for games.

Our little man is growing up so fast! X'] *cries*

*isn't crazy I swear*

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
That Chorus is as badass today as it was the day I linked to your youtube channel from the Commander Shepard video you posted here and realized: "Holy Shit! This guys is fucking talented!"

You've come far in a year Gav. So have I and, I'm sure, everyone else here. I'm glad that I had your songs to come back to the whole time. It's been a source of comfort and it really does mean a lot dude. Congrats and keep up the great work! -Borno

Lexxicator

May 3, 2011
Congratulations! Great year it was, wasn't it? Oh yes it was. So many excellent songs. So much joy and happiness has been spread. More than once I had a reeeeally bad day, then came back home, listen to your music and then it's was all good again. So very much thank you for all this year. And I hope you keep it up comin'!