Miracle of Sound: Higher Tonight (Saints Row IV)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Higher Tonight (Saints Row IV)

I?m going higher tonight yeah. I?m gonna set this city alight.

Watch Video

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
I just saw a digitized Gavin with superpowers powerbombing gang members and using a guitar case as a bazooka to the power of dubstep. My life is now complete. And I don't even like dubstep! But yeah, this is probably my favorite one in a while. WUB WUB, MOTHERFUCKERS!

Oh hey Gav, quick question: how many songs are you planning on having in Level 4?

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
lol, you said you're "higher" lol

The publisher should pay you; I didn't really feel like playing SR4 until now. Love the ElMariachi guitar case.

Can you still drive cars and motorcycles in the game or is it all UFOs and superpowers...not that that's a bad thing.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
GonzoGamer said:

The publisher should pay you; I didn't really feel like playing SR4 until now. Love the ElMariachi guitar case.

Can you still drive cars and motorcycles in the game or is it all UFOs and superpowers...not that that's a bad thing.
You can, but it's almost always easier just to super run, jump and glide your way to where ever you want to go.

crazy_coug99

Official Representative of WSU
Sep 17, 2012
While I am not one that listens to dubstep, this does sound good. Keep up the great work Gav.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
This song is crazy XD

The parts seem to be going in several different directions at once yet still fit with each other.

And this is a game I've finally gotten to before you made a song about it! Hooray!

It's amazing. The moment my character was doing that perky 50's cartoon walk I knew I'd love it.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
bandit0802 said:
Awesome work, Gav! Is it gonna be on Bandcamp soon?
They almost always show up on bandcamp before they do here, pretty sure this one went up yesterday, if not the day before.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
This is as close as I have ever been to enjoying the entirety of a dubstep song. I really liked the chorus. <3

Good job Gav.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
The ONLY acceptable dubstep is The Dunnestep. Good song. As crazy and funny as the game.

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
GonzoGamer said:
I understand, intellectually, that he probably only brings in a comparatively tiny amount of customers. But the amount of times he has made me interested in a game i never gave a shit about still makes me feel they should be paying him.

I hope they at least send him stuff.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Eric the Orange said:
GonzoGamer said:

You can, but it's almost always easier just to super run, jump and glide your way to where ever you want to go.
It is always easier to just run & jump in SR4. It's a hell of a lot faster, you can go anywhere with ease, and you don't have to worry about your ride blowing up.

Anyway, I expected this to be goofier, but it's still nice and fun.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
As much as I really enjoyed the song, it kinda shows the problem with dubstep for me. When the bass was dropped, it just broke up the song, and was actually the least interesting part of it. That being said I did still enjoy it.

bandit0802

Dec 24, 2008
JaceArveduin said:
bandit0802 said:
Awesome work, Gav! Is it gonna be on Bandcamp soon?
They almost always show up on bandcamp before they do here, pretty sure this one went up yesterday, if not the day before.
You're right. I'm blind.

Thanks

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
Now this need to be modded into the game, has a custom track for the Dubstep Gun.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
This song is perfect for Saints Row!

So much joy! So much dancing! So much WUB WUB!

Well done Gav!
=w= b (<- Thumbs up face)

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Thanks for that warning at the beginning, Gavin. It was funny to watch that digitized version of you get down and funky. This video (and the dubstep gun in particular) reminded me of one of the Deadpool trailers defining "dubstep" as "the sound of a computer being lobotomized put to a beat." Man, it's been a long time since I've seen a game just have this much fun in it.

Larcenist

Apr 22, 2011
It is great to see that you manage to renew my faith in the fact that all musical genres can be good if there is an actual love for the art rather than seeing it as a means of earning "easy" money. I don't listen to a whole lot of wub and I don't really like the genre, but as a musician I can really appreciate the passion and effort put into making something like this.

Not having played the game should not be a problem in getting the essence of this song I presume, seeing as how the game it pretty much just a product of all the designers goofing around as much as they possibly can. I bet you had a smile on your face most of the time while making this song.