Miracle of Sound: Joker's Song (Batman: Arkham City)

Detective Prince

Feb 6, 2011
Well fuck me sideways. No. Don't. Actually. That'd be weird.

That was awesome. I wasn't expecting it to be quite as good as it was!!! I loved your Joker voice and the lyrics were perfect for Joker and Batman. Read Killing Joke recently? XD It does remind me of a Nightmare Before Christmas song as well. Except. Ya know. Better. Because it's the Joker.

I'm rambling again. -.- This song is going to be stuck in my head now.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
This one was just damn fun. Not musically brilliant like usual, but FUN. In caps. Which is a good thing.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
I was grinning with amazement all the way through this one.
Great job, Gav.

Also, i imagine you had fun writing down the lyrics for the actual laugh.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
While I know it was kind of the point (being Joker and all), but that laugh for the Catwoman part went on a bit too long for my tastes (though I got used to it).

Otherwise, you did amazing with this, especially with the Joker voice, not just the way you sounded, but also your pacing and subtle changes while doing it where you raised your voice or coughed during a verse. It also helps that it really sounds like something that I'd have heard Hamill himself singing in the Animated Series.

Also, you seriously have to update your bandcamp so I can give you my money for your newer songs. These need to get on my iPod right now.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Now your just toying with me Gav! Every time I'm sure you've reached the peak of what you're capable of you surpass it once again. You must be hacking!

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
That was awesome. Loved the kind of musical/Disney villain song feel to it. Very good!

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Love this tune and especially the singing: the perfect mix of a little Mark Hamil and a little Tom Waits.

I'm starting to wonder what Gav would do with a game that isn't heavy on narrative like Tetris or CluClu Land.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
of course great voice work. the song was really refreshing. it felt really odd for me in the beginning because you last songs were all pretty serious and/or epic. (which is good, don't get me wrong) but then to hear this song that is a bit more "fun". which felt really refreshing and only shows how good you are with this stuff.

impressive.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
IamQ said:
Great song. It's not that genre, but I really find that this voice would fit in a power metal song.
Hmm, yeah, I could see it there. I noticed Sovngarde Song reminded me of Blind Guardian.

Good song yet again Gav, keep up the good work and try out for the Joker next time to see what happens ;)

walsfeo

Feb 17, 2010
therockdemon said:
this song sounds like its from batman the musical but it captures the spirt of the joker perfectly
Parts of that were pure awesome. I don't think I'll watch/listen too it over and over again like I have some of these, but it was still very good.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
JaceArveduin said:
IamQ said:
Great song. It's not that genre, but I really find that this voice would fit in a power metal song.
Hmm, yeah, I could see it there. I noticed Sovngarde Song reminded me of Blind Guardian.

Good song yet again Gav, keep up the good work and try out for the Joker next time to see what happens ;)
is the closest reference I could get. Not exactly what I thought of, but sorta. Just a tad bit darker voice.

Brisingr

May 22, 2009
Flip, that was Epic man! One of my favorites after just one listen you have done well :). Looking forward to seeing more the future!

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Aw, all the clever things I spotted have already been mentioned by my fellow nerds (Killing Joke + Mind of the Bat references, Nightmare Before Christmas vibe etc)...

By now I've come to expect great lyrics from you, and they certainly don't disappoint here (I especially like the first verse)... But what really deserves praise upon praise in this case is your singing. Dude, changing your voice to resemble Hamill's Joker like that is already impressive - but keeping it that way through an entire song with erratic vocal shifts? I have no words to properly describe my admiration for this accomplishment.
You. Effing. Rule. :D