Miracle of Sound: Joker's Song (Batman: Arkham City)

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
That sounded superb, loved it. Somehow quite relaxing, tho dealing with Joker shouldn`t be so. But still, awesome.
Makes me want to play the game.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
I do wish this game gave a better end to Mark Hamill's Joker than it did...

I hope DC gets the balls to do the Killing Joke in some form, that is the only thing that would bring Hamill to go one more round against the Bat.

phoenixbeast

Apr 14, 2009
Incredible...Knocked it of the park again! I started listening thinking, "Hey this is kinda nice." Then that chorus kicked in and blew me away. Immediately restarted the song with the speakers turned up so my roommate could hear it. Absolutely brilliant and another one to buy when it comes out. Keep up the great work!

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
That was brilliant, the song is a perfect personification of the Jokers relationship with Batman. Or, from the Jokers eyes anyway.

One bad day is all it takes eh?
Never a bad day with Miracle of Sound.

colostomizer

Jun 7, 2011
Love the tune!
Love the vocals!
Love the lyrics!

Well done, sir. The musical trifecta.

P.S. 'bout time it's out, though. Make me wait all damn day, why don't you?!

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Killing Joke reference!!

That actually blew me away... Wasn't expecting you to sound like that at all, but the vocals really *are* Joker!!
Well done, man, what an achievement singing like that. Kinda reminded me of Danny Elfman's singing in Nightmare Before Christmas- and I mean that as the very highest of compliments :D

Still listening to it, it's fantastic!

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Brilliant, Miracle. :)
You creeped my mom out while I was listening to it, so that's made it a double must-buy song!
Just...fantastic. Thank you for this!

Bujiraso

Feb 12, 2011
this song would fit marvellously in with Nightmare Before Christmas.
Anything that sounds like Danny Elfman is awesome to me -- good job Gavin!

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
I was REALLY worried when i read the title because i thought "this is one he HAS to get right". The Arkham asylum song has stould as my favorite so when i saw this i was SO worried.

Then i clicked play and heard the circus music and i KNEW, "he knows what he's doing" and all that worry went away. Needless to say around the first or second chorus i found myself clapping on impulse because i liked it so much.

Great job Gavin! Cheers all around from my friends i showed this too.

Question though, did you do the laugh yourself?

I ask because it sounds very close to the real thing and if you did go out of your way to do it yourself i would imagine it was hard to get it right.

OT: This is one where i can really tell you tried to make a song that fit the game and character even if it might not apeal to a broud audience. And That was a GOOD CHOICE haha.

spookydom

Aug 31, 2009
Fantastic. Now I must read The Killing Joke and The Dark Knight Returns again. That's the second good impression I have heard you do this week. Golem from your Dark Souls vid is really good also. Is there no end to your talents? You jammy bastard! ;)

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
This song is incredible and I think you really nailed the feel of the Joker, the laugh and the cough at the end was a nice touch.

When the song started I was instantly reminded of the scene in the Batman movie with Jack Nicholson where he was dancing with Vicki Vale in the cathedral. I really loved this one!

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Once again, Gavin. BRAVO! Very nice, very nice indeed. WHY ARE YOUR SONGS NOT ON BAND CAMP SOONER? D:

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
Great job with the voice, as well as the layering of the 'different' singers.

I was a little worried at the beginning, because that theme creeps me out, but I loved the waltz-like theme and the instrumental work.

With the "cape and his cave line" I started to hum the 'and his cat' but the meow and mancal took me by surprise. Also, I like how it drives the point that Batman can't kill Joker.

But, there were too many references to bats. I feel like the walking rodent population is under appreciated. Oh, and you don't change your style enough. [sub]To anyone who didn't read his latest column, this is a reference, made in jest[/sub]

Miracle, you just keep getting better.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Thats a really good joker impersonation. did it take you a long time to get it or did it just come naturally?

And good song too. I think this will probably become one of the top ones, like Sovngarde Song.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Holy shit, yes. That was amazing. Like people said, this could've been straight from the soundtrack for Batman: The Musical, quality and all.

Now hopefully Rocksteady, DC, or someone will get word of this.

If I have any criticism, it's that the higher voice track should be the louder one in the second chorus. I know you were building up to that in the last, but you nailed the second verse, which really hypes up that chorus.

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
No words can express how awesome this was, Gav. You nailed Jokers insanity, made it sound very close to a Nigthmare Before Christmas song, which is always a plus.....and that's all I can say. there is just too much awesome packed in this song to put into words. At this point I don't believe it's possible for you to make a bad song.

purifico

Oct 29, 2009
Holy bananas, Batman! It's amazing how you managed to capture the mood of Batman-Joker relationship. And the voice. You Joker voice is amazing (not Mark Hammill amazing but still quite awesome). The joke is on those who kept saying that you always sound the same in all your songs ;) Did you do the crazy Joker laugh yourself too?

Also loved a callback to Mind of the Bat =) Nice one.

Edit: Noticed that you started Dark Souls let's play recently. Does that mean that we will be getting a Dark Souls song some time in the future?)

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
http://golgotron.com/wp-content/uploads/Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Seriously, when does your new album come out again?