Miracle of Sound: Niko It's Your Cousin! (GTA IV)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Niko It's Your Cousin! (GTA IV)

Niko it's your cousin! Why don't you take me bowling...

Watch Video

Apr 28, 2008
Don't think I mentioned it before, but if you were trying to nail the tune of GTAIV's loading screens, you nailed it pretty damn good.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Brilliant song Gav.
Irridium said:
Don't think I mentioned it before, but if you were trying to nail the tune of GTAIV's loading screens, you nailed it pretty damn good.
Wow, I hadn't even noticed that until now!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Irridium said:
Wasn't sure what the instrument they used in the game was, I tried to emulate it with a dulcimer sound. Sounds similar enough!

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Sometimes I feel like one of the few people that enjoyed all the man-dates. It added extra layers of depth to the characters and I was always interested in what they had to say. Also Roman was a pretty nice guy who cared about his cousin and I really hoped this song would be about how sure he was annoying but there was still some love there and depending on which ending you got maybe you should remember him more fondly. Hell just one sorrowful bit in this song would've really made this song for me. Still a good song, just not what I hoped for.

Quorothorn

Apr 9, 2010
I seem to remember you comparing this in some way to Wigglesticks before it was posted, and now that I've listened to it (60+ times between here and the YT version...) I think that was pretty spot-on, at least for this listener: both helpfully sum up my issues with both games in a really, REALLY entertaining manner. This is *even better* than Wigglesticks (first Miracle of Sound song I listened to, that one), though, because it's longer, which lends it to a somewhat better experience when I'm listening to it on repeat.

Maybe if I just played this song during every cutscene and the like I could actually play GTAIV....probably still not, sadly.

I also thought the "no game samples" bit was rather impressive.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Irridium said:
Wasn't sure what the instrument they used in the game was, I tried to emulate it with a dulcimer sound. Sounds similar enough!
Oh it is rather excellent! ...What is a dulcimer?

I will say though, that accent is borderline offensive. :p But funny enough to give a wide pass.

rasta111

Nov 11, 2009
That was pretty awesome. I am now a fan. GTA4 I found a little disappointing and it's all the nice little touches like the stuff in the song which I kind of wished there had been more of that kept me playing really.

So that's a little more then until GTAV comes along... Thanks.

Oct 2, 2012
Before this song I only liked and enjoyed your work a lot.
Now I think I'm in love xD
This one had me laughing and smiling throughout, good work!

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
That was awesome. You seem to do able to do any accent so that it sounds quite like its supposed to but still different enough to be funny.

Dr. Doomsduck

Nov 24, 2011
The fact that Roman kept calling and calling, and my little brother always swearing like a sailor when he did, was a great source of fun for me. So, this song brought back some good memories. Very on point, Mr. Dunne, very on point