Miracle of Sound: Niko It's Your Cousin! (GTA IV)

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Very funny song, Gavin! It looks like Roman adds some levity and fell-good silliness to contrast with the grim-'n'-gritty side that Niko gets stuck in. I could never tell what kind of tone GTA4 was supposed to go for.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Got a good laugh out of this one, the 99 problems bit sent me over the edge XD.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Roofstone said:
Oh it is rather excellent! ...What is a dulcimer?

I will say though, that accent is borderline offensive. :p But funny enough to give a wide pass.
If the accent is offensive that's an issue with the game, not me.

A dulcimer is a hammered instrument. very pretty sounding

Beffudled Sheep said:
Before this song I only liked and enjoyed your work a lot.
Now I think I'm in love xD
This one had me laughing and smiling throughout, good work!
Glad to hear it :)

LordVyreth

Jan 22, 2010
I find that your "in-character" songs like this one, the Joker's, Tyrion's, and Wheatley's are some of my favorites. I'm impressed you always get the voice down so well.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Roofstone said:

I will say though, that accent is borderline offensive. :p But funny enough to give a wide pass.
If the accent is offensive that's an issue with the game, not me.

Cool instrument..

Also I didn't mean to be rude. ^^ The accent is amazingly entertaining. You've always been great at.. Uh.. Twisting(?) your voice. I still remember Joker's Song, thought it was Mark himself for a little while.

feauxx

Commandah
Sep 7, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Roofstone said:

I've been looking for a good virtual instrument with a dulcimer or yangqin for a while, would you mind sharing which one you use?

Wonderful song btw :) (too bad it's taking away a bit of exposure from your other recent song which I enjoy even more)

Pinkscare

Wearin' Steam Badges
Jul 19, 2013
Akalabeth said:
Never played the game but catchy tune. My friend who's a big GTA fan thought the video was using sound clips from the game at first, so your impression must be pretty good
The impression was perfect. I thought the same at first.

tpb

Sep 13, 2010
Spot on.

Apologies if its off topic.
Kind of like GTA IV but the constant jabbering from friends and then loosing status with them if they got turned down was what killed the game for me.
Think I got about half way thru before my OCD to not lose status points making me have to do darts and speed boat rides repeatedly just got to be to much.
I could never actually get anything done that seemed fun, was just pampering to all the whining of NPC's.

colostomizer

Jun 7, 2011
Haha! Good to know that you've always got a career in impersonation / voice acting if this whole singing thing turns out to be a bust.

Also, loving Black Flag... especially the throw-back to Blood of the Creed and His Father's Son.
Y'argh!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
feauxx said:
I've been looking for a good virtual instrument with a dulcimer or yangqin for a while, would you mind sharing which one you use?

Wonderful song btw :) (too bad it's taking away a bit of exposure from your other recent song which I enjoy even more)
It's always the songs I put the least time & effort into that are the most popular, lol.

The dulcimer plugin I use is this little beauty:

http://www.boldersounds.net/hammered-dulcimer-trilogy-c-3_19.html

I also used it in Half Man's song. It has a beautiful tone

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/miracle-of-sound/7086-Half-Mans-Song-Game-of-Thrones

feauxx

Commandah
Sep 7, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
feauxx said:

It's always the songs I put the least time & effort into that are the most popular, lol.

The dulcimer plugin I use is this little beauty:

http://www.boldersounds.net/hammered-dulcimer-trilogy-c-3_19.html

I also used it in Half Man's song. It has a beautiful tone

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/miracle-of-sound/7086-Half-Mans-Song-Game-of-Thrones
Awesome! Thanks a lot I'll definitely check this out :)

Saxnot

Mar 1, 2010
i'm sorry but in my opinion this is not a good song, very repetitive and your rapping is rather monotone and artificial. there's just no rhythm or flow between the verses, making it all come off rather boring and uninspired. the music also seems very shallow, like you just put a bass underneath some voice clips from GTA IV, put some funny sound effects behind it, and called it a day. especially compared to some of the amazing earlier songs, this one is a dissapointment

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Saxnot said:
i'm sorry but in my opinion this is not a good song, very repetitive and your rapping is rather monotone and artificial. there's just no rhythm or flow between the verses, making it all come off rather boring and uninspired.
Well, Niko isn't a rapper... and his voice is also rather monotone. It would sound totally weird doing a Blood Of The Creed style fast-rap verse in a song that is essentially an impersonation of a very slow, downbeat character.

Saxnot said:
the music also seems very shallow, like you just put a bass underneath some voice clips from GTA IV, put some funny sound effects behind it, and called it a day. especially compared to some of the amazing earlier songs, this one is a dissapointment
The music was modeled on the GTAIV soundtrack, which is also equally 'shallow'. If you want to get technical, this song actually has far more layers of sound and instrumentation than the OST. Also, the song contains no voice clips from the game.

Still, you are perfectly entitled to not like the song and that's fine by me :)