Miracle of Sound: Nord Mead (Skyrim)

Dark Link

Jul 27, 2009
Easily one of my favourite songs so far. Very easy to see the Irish influence here, reminds me a bit of a mix between Turisas' "Rasputin" and anything by Dropkick Murphys or Flogging Molly. I always wondered how it would sound if you did something a bit more folk-y and Irish-sounding, and now I know. Excellent stuff which had my feet tapping from start to finish with one of the catchiest choruses you've written so far.

Jungy 365

Sep 13, 2010
Love it. A fun song which makes me really in the mood for a pint. I know it's intended as an Irish pub song, but the one song it reminds me of in particular is the Green Dragon song from The Return of the King.
I raise my flagon in respect of another great song!

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
Haha brilliant. The music video made me laugh. Another great song with a catchy chorus!

Spygon

May 16, 2009
If only you could get nord mead as a real drink i would live off the stuff.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
You know, I would chug a mug of mead with you Gavin. Though I don't think I could really go through all those bottles with you! o_O

This was a fun song! I'd need to practice getting my drink on though seeing as I only have 1 year of drinking off and on under my belt...

[sub][sub]Oh and the dancing mod was awesome. Still need to play Skyrim :/[/sub][/sub]

get drunk

-motto of the moment: [user]Robbo_89[/user]

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
I guess it's time to finally have that intervention for Lydia.

Outstanding song, keep 'em coming.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well that was quite awesome. And this one had a pretty funny/neat video to back up the music, too. I mean, the other ones were ok, and nice, but this was something quite different in my opinion.
So, yeah. Well done, didn`t expect a new Skyrim song out so fast.

phoenixbeast

Apr 14, 2009
Oh man, I'm laughing right now and my roommate is wondering what the hell I'm listening to. This is hilarious AND I LOVE IT. Looks like I'll be spending another buck in 2 weeks for this song as well. I've never bought so much music from one artist before, but you deserve every bit of it! Thanks for making every other Thursday a bright spot in my week!

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Jungy 365 said:
song it reminds me of in particular is the Green Dragon song from The Return of the King.
I raise my flagon in respect of another great song!
You know, now that you mention it, it does.

Great song, I'm going to have to get me a job and buy some of these songs sometime, along with the latest albums from Iced Earth and Blind Guardian XD

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
This song makes me want to go get plastered, and I don't even drink. Oh well, I guess getting drunk in Skyrim will do.

Thanks again for getting another song stuck in my head Gav. I'm going to humming this one for months.

therockdemon

Mar 17, 2011
this song sounds a mix of alestorm and Turisas which makes it even more awesome, thanks for my new drinking song gavin

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
... So many empty bottles... I consider myself pretty sturdy when it comes to mead, but seeing how Lydia is still conscious after several hundred bottles I don't think I ever want to play drinking games with a band of Nords. x_x
Also: Lol @ bartender being shouted to death for serving the wrong drink xD

Hilarious lyrics, and the music itself is definitely party material; do I detect some Andrew WK in there? Or possibly Korpiklaani?
Been a while since last you made something this light-hearted and upbeat, and I enjoyed it tremendously! Keep rocking, dude! :D

mastermerrick

Bored. That is all.
Jul 7, 2010
Jungy 365 said:
... but the one song it reminds me of in particular is the Green Dragon song from The Return of the King.
YES! I'm not the only one thinking of Green Dragon!

OT: Another great song. And, now I'm thirsty again.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Congratulations Gav, you've reinvented the beer song, and made a bunch of vikings sing it.

*clapclapclap* Quite awesome, quite awesome. I like it, fun and lighthearted. <3 A stupendous success.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
I would love to get up and dance right now with a beer in my hand.
I tried guessing the rhythm before the song began and I was pretty accurate :D awesome

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Epically awesome as always Gav. Maybe you should play this whenever you decide to get Fwappy drunk.