Miracle of Sound: Nord Mead (Skyrim)

Metalix Knightmare

Sep 27, 2007
Wait wait wait, Skooma makes Nord bellies bleed? Wow these guys are absolute wimps then. Kahjit chug that stuff like it was water and the stuff in Skyrim seems to be a much weaker version too.

Always knew the Nords were little more than an echoing Bark.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
A fun song and a nice video on top of that. Awesome. I really like that it's not about dragons or valor or something predictable, but it's about alcohol. If I ever meet you I'll buy you a drink.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
I have now found my drinking song.

Beer beer beer was good.

I'm a cider drinker cover by Alestorm was mine for the last few months.

But my favourite drink is mead, so neither of those fit.
But this... THIS is my drinking song now :D

Nice one Gav!

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Hahaha! This is fucking hilarious Gavin! And super catchy to boot. My goal in life now is to sing this song with a whole room full of people who are all piss drunk.

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
Thank you for this song...

I'm happy I got to hear it. Can't wait to purchase it on itunes =P...

Fifty-One

Sep 13, 2010
This song has now been adopted as the Thieves Guild's drinking song. Especially considering I knicked every last bottle in Honningbrew Meadery prior to sabotaging the Honningbrew Reserve.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
This is fantastic! Headbanging to this is really keeping me from finishing my homework, but never mind, I'll drink the evening away! How long until it goes up on iTunes?

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
Damn. This is just awesome. Gav's been on something of a heavy streak lately, so it's nice for him to come out and show us he knows how to make a nice, catchy, upbeat, and hilarious tune.

The video especially added to the hilarity. The downloaded version will be lesser for its loss.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Miracle. You mix potions, right? Can you brew me an ale?

Yeah, I will be drinking for the rest of the day now. I don't have any mead though. It's gonna have to be good old Fat Tire [http://beerismypoison.com/files/2009/04/fat-tire.jpg]. Thanks for the inspiration. Though I hardly need inspiration to drink, I usually wouldn't start for another four hours or so.

MNRA

Jun 8, 2009
How do you keep topping yourself like this?! :D

Just awesome. The closes thing I'd call it is a Flogging Molly song that has had its sound cleaned up a bit. (And yes, this is meant as praise)

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Jungy 365 said:
Love it. A fun song which makes me really in the mood for a pint. I know it's intended as an Irish pub song, but the one song it reminds me of in particular is the Green Dragon song from The Return of the King.
I raise my flagon in respect of another great song!
Good thing I'm not the only one who thought that! :D
Shockolate said:
You need to change up your style once in a while.

OT: Brilliant catchy tune! Now I want a beer. Since that's the closest I'm gonna get to Nord Mead around here.

NicoDK

Sep 21, 2009
Stop making song I instantly get addicted to, my ears are sore from orgasming.

But in all seriousness, another instant hit.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
renegade7 said:
Is this sung to the tune of Sovngarde Song, but sped up? Kind of sounds like it.
No but both of them are based around nordic folk music so they are quite alike :)

Bucht said:
Damned talented musicians,.. stop making me jealous.
But I am starting to miss the Hard rock /Heavy Metal songs like "Age of the Dragon" and Fire in Your Hole" (Folk Metal makes my belly bleed).
Promise I'll make some good old fashioned rock songs soon :)

Toshiooh said:
it's a great song, but i kind of wonder, how would you sing this during a live concert?
It would have to be done with other people really. Otherwise I'd just sing the main melody

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
ritchards said:
I think a round of applause to Justin for the video!
Agreed - I was in hysterics watching it last night when he sent it to me. The humour in the shots just fits the song perfectly.

I almost fell off my chair when I saw him Fus Ro Dah the barkeeper over :D

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Andrew W. K. would be proud, him and probably Dropkick Murphys.

Also, the dancing made me laugh and I think Lydia has a drinking problem.....by not sharing any of that damn mead!

This is a really great song, and a great drinking song at that.