Miracle of Sound: Shadows in the Moonlight (Assassin's Creed)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Jynthor said:
So, Gav what is your favourite Assassin's Creed game?
Personally I think it has to be Revelations for me. I seem to be in the minority but I just loved the gameplay and setting.

Also, if you ever get to making an AC song again maybe you could make it about Desmond. Could be interesting. Just throwing it out there.
My favourite is AC2, folowed by Brotherhood. I love the Renaissance setting!

Lightning Delight

Apr 21, 2011
I love this song. It really captures the feel of the two latest games for me. They weren't so much about stabbing bad guys and killing everything. They were more about chilling in the cities and exploring the area at your own pace, as well as learning Ezio's story.

[The]Rock

Jan 12, 2011
Nicely done, Gav, as per usual. I don't think we can expect anything less than brilliant from you nowadays. A very well sung vocal line from both yourself and the lovely (I'm sure) Ms Dollery.

Now to figure out how to play it on my guitar *grabs guitar* and now, to Bandcamp!

turbosloth

May 7, 2008
This is amazing. You continue to go from strength to strength Gav. Musically not my favorite one on its own merits but continuing to show amazing tallent for matching the music to the feel of the game. Lyrically possibly your best work yet (although I do still really like The New Black Gold for that too), as well as vocally amazing. The video was also matched very very well to the song in this one, better than I've seen with any of your others.

That... was a hell of a fanboy gush now I read back over it. Guess thats what comes of listening to new music from a good artist when you're stoned. Keep up the good work Gav!

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
i have never played an assassins creed game but i like the song
the beginning is the best and the is lightly stuck in my head
for some reason i don't like the song as much some where past the 2 minute
but over all much better then your other assassins creed song.
unlike the last sassassins creed song i have the desire to replay this song

edit
i have a bit of hard time understanding you when your saying
"On shores of gold
My tale will end
A love to hold
A life to spend"
that may be the main problem
it has been pointed out already and you said it was on purpose but that does not stop it from being a problem

and starting at 2:22 when the music changes i am not sure if it a good change or bad change

edit 2
thanks to you learned 2 new words
Clandestine
and
pallid

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Thaius said:
I'm surprised at how many comments are criticizing the slow, contemplative nature of the song, saying it should have been more violent and big... I guess it's a common complaint with your music, people not understanding why your song is like that when all they did in the game was kill people, but I still just wish people didn't regard games with such shallowness as to ignore the thematic elements around which you build your songs.

This is one of my favorites of yours, I think. It's certainly one of your strongest lyrically, and perfectly captures Ezio's story. Brilliant, as always.
Just letting you know I liked this post so much that it's going in this week's Encore ;)

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
Thaius said:
I'm surprised at how many comments are criticizing the slow, contemplative nature of the song, saying it should have been more violent and big... I guess it's a common complaint with your music, people not understanding why your song is like that when all they did in the game was kill people, but I still just wish people didn't regard games with such shallowness as to ignore the thematic elements around which you build your songs.

This is one of my favorites of yours, I think. It's certainly one of your strongest lyrically, and perfectly captures Ezio's story. Brilliant, as always.
Just letting you know I liked this post so much that it's going in this week's Encore ;)
Well, I'm honored. I look forward to seeing it. :D May I just say that I love your songs and your insight into the games on which they're based.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Thaius said:
Well, I'm honored. I look forward to seeing it. :D May I just say that I love your songs and your insight into the games on which they're based.
And it's always refreshing for me to see people having the insight themselves to appreciate how the songs work!