Miracle of Sound: Silver and Steel (The Witcher 2)

Traun

Jan 31, 2009
I love you, I love this song and I love The Witcher 2.

Right now the world is love.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
I might be a little biased, but that is a GREAT song for the Witcher 2.

Not only is a good track in itself, the lyrics get the universe down near perfectly.

Great one, Gav.

Hollyday

Mar 5, 2012
A fantastic, catchy chorus and I love the medieval/rocky vibe. Having only my laptop to game on is stopping me from getting The Witcher 2 (it hardly ran the first one) but I can make do with this song for now

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Aaw yeah, this one is up there in my favorites. The beginning hook, so catchy!...Well, I guess that's why it's a hook anyway.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
first i didn't hear what you were trying, but after awhile i started to like it. not my favorite, but a great song for great game. well done sir.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Good work Gav, catch enough to be stuck in my head for days.....

Off to listen again!

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
Irridium said:
This I like...!

Awesome song. Tighter than a pig's arse.

Hehehe...
I would have probably gone with duck over pig. but the point is still the same

Again awesome work, it makes me very happy thank you.

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
You need some training in Polish accent. I am Polish, and until I read the lyrics, I had no idea that was "srebro i stal". :p

Having said that - really, really awesome!

praetor_alpha

LOL, Canada!
Mar 4, 2010
Nice work. Will be playing this when I play through Witcher 2 again this summer, now with the Enhanced stuff... oh yeah! Haven't picked it up since I finished it soon after it came out last year.

colostomizer

Jun 7, 2011
You read my mind, I was thinking just yesterday that I was suprised you hadn't done a song about The Witcher yet. I was hoping that it would be a damned fine piece of music.

Once again, you do not disappoint. Thursday is Miracle of Sound day!

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I was hoping for something a little grittier to go with TW2's dark theme, but this was a good song none the less.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
I feel like it's a bit too catchy for the Witcher. It's a great song but it doesn't capture the spirit of the game as well as some of the other songs (Sovngarde, Black Gold, Binary Divide.etc.) For Witcher a slower, deeper, more metallic, tune would have been in order.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
"A silver mane adorns me" -love that line.

Gavin, the line where you say "for tiresome politics" I was anticipating the words "for tiresome parlor tricks" to kind of make a joke/insult from the witcher's perspective about their conveluted polotics.

I dont know why but i would have liked that a lot. Was gonna ask if it was intentional but then you would have been rhyming "tricks" with "tricks" and yeah...well crap xD

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
GrizzlerBorno said:
I feel like it's a bit too catchy for the Witcher. It's a great song but it doesn't capture the spirit of the game as well as some of the other songs (Sovngarde, Black Gold, Binary Divide.etc.) For Witcher a slower, deeper, more metallic, tune would have been in order.
Personaly i found the wording to be very metallic on its own. "silver and steel" and all. Also the pace felt to me like the combat, rolling dodging and swinging swords. The song embraced the speed of combat. Although it may not have fealt like the game entirely it fealt like the main character's perspective. But i dont entirely disagree with what you said. I think they both hold their own.