Miracle of Sound: Sovngarde Song (Skyrim)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Sovngarde Song (Skyrim)

For our hearts they are hardy, our spirits are strong, and our voices are lifted into this Sovngarde song.

Watch Video

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
Another well made song i should make a bet with a friend that you will never make a bad song
No way i can lose :)

ot: How do you make your voice sound like that at the begin?

A Curious Fellow

Nov 16, 2010
See, this is the prime reason I think the new site layout is a huge misstep: This has been up for an hour, (that's a whole hour and yet only an hour, but it's neither sitting pretty on the front page nor attracting any comments) and it's a main site feature... and yet I had to go SEARCHING the site to find it. There's something wrong with that. An update for a prime feature doesn't belong buried in a dropdown menu.

And I only knew to look for it because the facebook app notified me.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
Bloody epic! Definitely the best one yet.

It sounds a bit like the TES main theme and the heavy bit is like Turisas. You do some kick ass power metal.

the big fluffeh

Nov 7, 2011
Brilliant song, as expected but i find it lacking in two parts:

1 the instrumental metal part could be a bit louder and the riffs more prominent

2 no bad-ass guitar solo :p

Brilliant song, anyway :D

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
Bloody epic! Definitely the best one yet.

It sounds a bit like the TES main theme and the heavy bit is like Turisas. You do some kick ass power metal.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Simply amazing, Gav. Simply amazing.

I can't wait to hear more of your work now that you have all that fancy new software? (Equipment?)to work with.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
This is seriously the best thing you've done so far, dude. You clearly bring something special to the table when you especially like the game in question.

Keep doing songs about games you care about, Gav. That's the only thing you really need to do to keep pleasing your fans. Fantastic job.

phoenixbeast

Apr 14, 2009
Absolutely brilliant...Another one goes to the favorites list...Everything fits, the music, the lyrics, the feel...EVERYTHING...Absolutely brilliant...

Edit: And now I've had it on repeat for the last 2 hours...STILL BRILLIANT...Perfect music to have to cram for my final to...

Apr 28, 2008
A Curious Fellow said:
See, this is the prime reason I think the new site layout is a huge misstep: This has been up for an hour, (that's a whole hour and yet only an hour, but it's neither sitting pretty on the front page nor attracting any comments) and it's a main site feature... and yet I had to go SEARCHING the site to find it. There's something wrong with that. An update for a prime feature doesn't belong buried in a dropdown menu.

And I only knew to look for it because the facebook app notified me.
Yeah, it's pretty bullshit. I only knew it was out because of Miracle tweeting about problems the site was having with it. And then I had to search for it since it was NOWHERE on the front page. The previous layout let then show up to three new videos at a time. Now it's only one. Though now Miracle finally has a spot on the front, Feed Dump is still nowhere to be seen.

Apparently it was just technical difficulties and whatnot. Alrighty then. Still, I liked the little box that allowed for three videos to be shown at once.

As for the song, Miracle you worry way too much. This song is amazing. Really amazing. You did a fantastic job. Right up there with New Black Gold for me.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Gavin you've made one of the best musics I've heard in quite some time. I do, however, have one question for you. Why can't I buy it yet? I want it bought. Congratulations you wonderful man. :D

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I love this song so much I want to have sex with it.

This tune needs to be available for download on Bandcamp five minutes ago.

spookydom

Aug 31, 2009
Gavin. When the guitars droped in I very literally did a fist pump. It has just been brought to my attention that it was not a good look for me. That kicked ass man! It had gravitas. Fine vocal work as always and great hooks. What ever where you worried about? Top job sir, never doubted you.

actar411

Apr 14, 2010
Gavin, that was the greatest song you have written to date. It was like Folk Metal! It was like a Celtic/Nordic sandwich of epic epicness. I'm having a bit of trouble explaining how awesome this is. The chorus was bloody brilliant! My God, man! You have created genius!

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
I'm willing to bet this is the song you spent the most time on in terms of recording and mixing. Sounds like there are far more layers than in most of your other songs (that's not criticism about the other ones), with stuff like the strings in the background and multiple layers of singing throughout the song.

This will probably be my favorite song of yours after a few more listens. Very impressive.

LonelyWizzard

Mar 14, 2011
Fantastic sing! Definitly in my top 3 ever, one of your best without a doubt.
I love the way it sounds like something the in-game bards would sing in a tavern.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Loved it. It had an awesome start and a awesome ending and an awesome midpart!
The quieter parts were awesome, and so were the parts with the violin (or , at least i think it was a violin), and so were the heavier parts! Hell, ALL of the parts were awesome.
So yeah, you've done a great job, Gav! Loving this one.
Tho most of all, i like those violin-esque parts.

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like that last chorus would be freaking amazing sung in rounds?

Awesome song!